cage for an f2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:49 AM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point
cage for an f2?

Where can I get one? Or does anybody even make them?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:52 AM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cage for an f2?

i havent seen one yet, Im pretty sure if you can find one for an f3 it will fit. But im not 100% sure the mounts are 'exactly' the same over the years.
People always say "make your own" but unless you actually know what your doing, few people will attempt it.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:59 AM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

F2 and F3 cages are identical. I made my own, but Racing 905 makes an exellent cage. It is worth triple it weight in gold.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cage 002.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	88863   Click image for larger version

Name:	cage 005.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	88864  
Old 07-20-2004, 04:01 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atomic
Where can I get one? Or does anybody even make them?
give me your email and i'll send you pics of our f2 proto cage www.apexstunts.com/cages
Old 07-20-2004, 08:50 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have the 905 cage and it ****** rocks. Every day I say something to the effect of "how the fukk did nothing brake?" Seriously, its worth every penny.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 PM

e-roc is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two. A 905 cage which rocks(the one I currently have on), and a cage made by Tenny(sl member). It looks like its pretty solid too. Sold it to a friend and then he gave it back cuz he's too scared to stunt, so its looking for a good home to anyone in the dfw who wants it. Oh yea, and the F2 and F3 frames are the same, so the 905 one will fit. Someone told me that FI now has a cage for the F2/F3. Not sure if its true though. Theres a lot of members who will make one for you though, just gotta find em. I know Tenny used to, not sure if he still does.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:43 PM

int76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whiteline
I have two. A 905 cage which rocks(the one I currently have on), and a cage made by Tenny(sl member). It looks like its pretty solid too. Sold it to a friend and then he gave it back cuz he's too scared to stunt, so its looking for a good home to anyone in the dfw who wants it. Oh yea, and the F2 and F3 frames are the same, so the 905 one will fit. Someone told me that FI now has a cage for the F2/F3. Not sure if its true though. Theres a lot of members who will make one for you though, just gotta find em. I know Tenny used to, not sure if he still does.
I am in Fort Worth. How much do you want for the cage?
Old 07-20-2004, 02:23 PM

I don't know, I wasn't really even thinkin about selling it. Maybe $50. Its not like the 905 style. Its like the FI style except it doesn't have the support bars(imagine framesliders with a steel bar(1") that goes underneath and connects them).
Old 07-20-2004, 11:13 PM

which is better...905 or FI? Also, what else do I need to protect my bike? Like the brake/clutch lever's, rearsets, plastics, etc etc. If I have a cage do I still want sliders?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 AM
CEO of o2w

bigwhiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point

which is better...905 or FI? Also, what else do I need to protect my bike? Like the brake/clutch lever's, rearsets, plastics, etc etc. If I have a cage do I still want sliders?
just get a 905 and call it a day..

it will do the job well trust me...
Old 07-21-2004, 09:52 AM

I like the 905, but its all a matter of preference. I like 905 cuz on my f3 there are 3 mounting points for the cage on each side, instead of just the one like on the fi style. Just looks/feels more solid to me, but half this board will tell you 905 is the way to go, the other half will tell you FI. Its up to you.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 AM
CEO of o2w

Originally Posted by whiteline
I like the 905, but its all a matter of preference. I like 905 cuz on my f3 there are 3 mounting points for the cage on each side, instead of just the one like on the fi style. Just looks/feels more solid to me, but half this board will tell you 905 is the way to go, the other half will tell you FI. Its up to you.
to me it isn't a matter of preference...it is a matter of fact..

at the time I wanted a cage for my f2, nobody made them. I called 905 and they were more than happy to fabricate one for me...and they made something that was damn good..

If there was something else out there to compare it with I would say it would be a little different. Just ask those that run the cage and they will tell you...

MikeM is one to ask..it's time tested..

the cage they make takes a facken beating..and will continue to take a beating..you cannot argue with three mounting points on a steel frame..

if you want to have your buddy with the pickup truck on speed dial run something else..
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM

*bump* will nobody tell me what a cage <doesn't> protect?
Old 07-22-2004, 08:44 AM
CEO of o2w

*bump* will nobody tell me what a cage <doesn't> protect?
a 905 cage on that bike will protect the plastics, the clip-ons, lever etc... maybe the pipe (depends what kind)

you might break a footpeg or 2 depending on how you crash..

and you don't need sliders if you have a cage..
Old 07-22-2004, 09:22 AM
HERE COMES THE POLICE.

COOKIE MONSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

905 all the way bro..
Old 07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

905 on the F2/3 - It protects the pipe somewhat, but not completely. It usually bends a little when i crash, but doesnt brake off. It protects the rearsets, but the tips of the footpegs get messed up. I cut an inch off my footpegs, so they dont brake anymore. The radiator will still hit the ground, but not hard enough to brake. It sopmetimes bends the mounts, but I bend them back easily by kicking it from the other side. The engine is completely protected, the frame is protected, except for the tail. I dont know about clip ons cuz I have renthals with clipped levers.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 PM

ok I'm sold :D

how long of a wait should I expect when I order one (cuz I heard their all backed up and stuff...)?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:18 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBR up on one
F2 and F3 cages are identical. I made my own, but Racing 905 makes an exellent cage. It is worth triple it weight in gold.
Im just thinking of buying f2 for stunting. I recently asked a q about carb flood problem (if you can answer), is it good for slow stuff? And can you plz post pics of whole bike? Or maybe some on one wheel?
Old 07-23-2004, 07:58 AM
CEO of o2w

ok I'm sold :D

how long of a wait should I expect when I order one (cuz I heard their all backed up and stuff...)?
call them up, you should be able to get one pretty quick...

Aaron (619) 210-4777
Old 07-23-2004, 09:26 PM

wisconsinstunt is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got a 905 cage for you. it was on my F3 and only went down 2 times. i'm getting a 900RR, so its for sale. $200.00 for cage which i sanded and repainted after it went down (which was a 3 mph 12 o'clock anyways). and i also have a 12 bar for the F2/F3 also for sale. let me know

m_richter18@hotmail.com

pull up you skirt, grab your ***** and pin it!! :YEAH