cbr1000 help..????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 10:13 AM

cero is an unknown quantity at this point
cbr1000 help..????

The only person i know thats stunted one of these is darius...just wonderin if i could get some help on keepin this thing up...if feels like i'm goin really high and it just doesn't wanna stick...i dunno someone on here was tellin me to bring it up in 2nd but it seems real twitchy dont like that 2 much so i just bring it up in 3rd..any tips, help, ideas, somethin..???

i just get it up and all i do is go faster n faster...i got about a good 3 seconds b4 i start pickin up speed and then it just goes from 35 to 90 in like 10 seconds...and by then it just doesn't feel safe..
just wanted to know if darius had any input on the bike and its balancing.??
is it to much of a race ready bike for wheelies..???

i mean i can wheelie the bike but i wanna walk it till i run outta road ya know..
Old 07-16-2004, 10:27 AM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cbr1000 help..????

the new RRs arent stunt bikes!!! the unit pro link suspension is set up for racing and to help keep the tire planted. youll loop that bike many times trying BP on it.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:27 PM

i don't know about that...cause i did see pics of this guy doin circle wheelies and stuff on his..sooo i don't know..i was hopin i could get some info from him..i'm not sure if it was darius or someone else though..i know it was in australia(sp)...
Old 07-17-2004, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by cero
i don't know about that...cause i did see pics of this guy doin circle wheelies and stuff on his..sooo i don't know..i was hopin i could get some info from him..i'm not sure if it was darius or someone else though..i know it was in australia(sp)...
it was darius. you can only tell ppl a few times things. like a civic isnt a race car, 1KRR isnt a stunt bike, and gas prices arent ever going to be under a dollar
Old 07-17-2004, 09:05 AM

Corny is an unknown quantity at this point

It has two wheels and an engine.

It sounds like you just need to practice.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:53 PM

One more thing on my 6rr i can walk that alot further...from like 25mph on....and that hits the bp easier for some reason..str8 outta second n then boom it just sits...i mean i'm just wonderin if when your doin a wheelie are you always gonna catch more speed if your not riding the break???
Old 07-17-2004, 07:49 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

wheelies have the same basic Idea as walking. you walk slow, straight up and down, but if you lean foward you compensate and walk faster so you don't fall on your face. you just need you sack up and get your wheelie higher so you don't pick up so much speed. You do not 'need' the rear brake to hold the same speed in a wheelie, just as long as you are in the sweet spot everything will be the same speed. look at any Pro's highchair or spreader video footage. Rick Nasty holds spreaders at like 15 MPH and does not have a huge sprocket on the back. You just gotta get that beast in the air, and dont panic when it dips back, if you are over like 5K rpm, your engine brake will bring you back tho the balance point if you go back to far, just close the throttle and the moter will pull you back down. the trick is to clear your head, do NOT panic and practice it till you get it. Dont just go gung ho or you will be buying parts on ebay real soon. I know all about gung ho, all too well, but after 800 bucks in dental work (with helmet on) I have learned to take it slow and at my own pace.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:57 PM

Man i've been lookin all over for some info like that...it really helps..thanks alot...i just got back from ridin and had a couple times where it dipped back and i would just let off the throttle to much and it would come to far from the balance point so i would keep givin it gas till i got back..(i would do that about 4 or 5 times b4 i came down)..anyway thanks alot..

d.. :YEAH
Old 07-18-2004, 08:24 PM

check it out.....tell me what you think..i got the 600 and the 1000..can't keep em up longer than maybe a quarter mile...from 30-100 mph...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie1000.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	88427   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie6002.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	88428   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelies600.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	88429   Click image for larger version

Name:	mewheelie12.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	88430  
Old 07-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

You aint high enough.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:31 PM

BP is hard on these bikes if you hit it be careful cause you will likely loop it. nothing against your skills but just how **** is set up
Old 07-19-2004, 01:51 AM

mezcal is an unknown quantity at this point

Just as XPnugget said, the BP is determined by the speed you're goin. Faster you go, the lower the BP. The 1000rr has has a twitchy throttle which is a learning curve in itself (blame fuel injection? someone else said it was from driveline lash. dunno. I keep the chain and throttle adjusted regularly. it helps). Learning throttle control is important to ride a 12 (i know, dUH!).
I can't do it yet but as Bob said "Baby steps" is the key here. Moving up comfortably and confidently is important to me. Mastering one thing at a time instead of 5 is a much safer allbeit slower way to go. I've been working on getting it high enough so I can lower the throttle enough that it would very slowly loop, and then feathering the brake to keep it from doing so. That might sound backwards but I know if I hit the brake it'll lower or come on down. I'm not confident that if i try modulating the throttle to keep it at 12 that it won't loop.
Sounds like you got a good handle on getting the bike up and running it out. You've got more on it than I do at this point. Don't let yourself get frustrated. Get completely comfortable with doin what you've got goin on now and I'm sure you'll gain a lot more control and confidence in the process. Then you'll find yourself goin higher and slower with more ease.

Hang in there! You got a good bike. Milk it for all it's worth!

mez