600rr tank wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:26 AM

stunterd is an unknown quantity at this point
600rr tank wheelies

I have a 600 rr that I am stunting. Currently rocking no fairing and in the process of building a cage. I want to start to learn spreaders. BUt I am worried about the damage I may do to the tank. As it is plastic. Also when trying slow **** do I clutch it right up to bp or clutch it up close to bp and use the throttle to bring me the rest of the way there?
Old 07-13-2004, 03:35 AM

Travis_Tung is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 600rr tank wheelies

Clutch it up to bp or more and just catch it on the rear brake.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:54 AM

zackbremer is an unknown quantity at this point

buy an tank off ebay, throw sum grip tape for a skate board on it or sumthing else hop on it and slip the clutch in 2nd at bout 35-45. and for slo stuff cltuch it up as quick as u can , turn ur idle up so when ur high enuff the idle will take ova and u jsut hafta use the rear brake.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:09 AM

i'm not worried about slipping of the tank, I'm more worried of the damage I will do as my "tank" is actually just a plastic cover. The actual tank is basically under the seat. I just wanna know if anyone has broke their tanks doing tank wheelies on a 600 rr. Also I can do 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies on the highway my bouncing it up, and I have no problem getting close to bp I could bring it to bp but i'm too ***** right now. So 2 questions.
Should I clutch it up while on highway or only use clutch for slow stuff.
Second question What would you guys say is the best for getting past your fear of bp. Getting to bp at speed or really slow. I'm not scared of falling as I have fallen several time already. (once while doing 110 while standing on my back seat). I just want to know which is easier to learn. Sorry for the long post but the help is needed and appreciated
Old 07-14-2004, 01:14 AM

sumthin925 is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinking abought gettin an 04 600rr and does the under seat exhaust make it harder o mount a bar cuz my piece got way to crunch to ride ne more if u know what i mean
Old 07-14-2004, 01:24 AM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point

i seen a cage on a RR it was a 905 cage. and remember the RR isnt a stunt biek youll be wasting your money buying one to stunt on. its a track bike not a stunt bike. the unit prolink suspension was setup up to keep the front wheel planted under hard acceleration not to be in the air at all times. but do what you wish and as far as a 12 bar you can mount one if you design it right but it will have to be very long and you might encounter problems doing those 12s you like. my pipe on my 1000rr sticks out past my light about 4 inches. most 12 bars seem to be close to the lights, so you might have a problem. like many ppl say a RR is a waste of money to stunt with, it can be done but your better off with the F4I or Fsport to stunt on
Old 07-14-2004, 01:49 AM

sumthin925 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea my f4i is torn to **** and like a piece ive pushed it tooooooo far i need a new 1 but i dont have the $ to get a used 1 i have to finance cuz i have no $ but all the other bikes im not liken them specially the gsxr (no offence) but my friend has cracked his sub frame hella times im not gunna wanna go threw and fix it every time i fall on a 12
Old 07-14-2004, 02:27 AM

the stock exhaust don't stick out no 4 inches on my 600rr. I do not have a 12 bar yet, but 905 does make em. As far as the suspension. Once you get the wheel up it doesn't care if its up there. its stable. Takes a lil more effort to get the wheel in the air. But this thing wheelies awesome! I prefer it over f4I gsx and r6 dunno bout kawi. but you im still learning. But i do have 15 year with mx 12 of them racing
Old 07-14-2004, 11:19 AM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point

my aftermaket pipe on my 1000rr sticks out that far, if you would get a pipe for the sixRR it may stick out around that
Old 07-18-2004, 11:42 PM

grandmasterb is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an RR and its not a bike u want 2 b stunting really. It will wheelie and very well but does require a lot more effort in doing so. As for tank wheelies i do not really recommend u try them on the RR. Again it can be done but speaking from experiences the tank cover cracks and breaks very easily when coming down on it!!! As for a 12 bar, a stock standard exshaust doesn't stick out past the rear tail light at all, but in most cases after market pipes will as there designed longer 2 give better performance. I found the the Yoshi RS-5 is really the only one that u can shorten a little, not effecting performance greatly and still bolt up in the original positions.