Blown Engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Blown Engine!!!

Tonight i was riding and noticed a low tick noise, i just did my spark plugs the other night and thought maybe i tightend one to much or one was loose but any way, i pull my tank, pull all my plugs, all of em are fine not to tight, not to loose etc. check oil, its alittle low, add some oil.. start it back up still knockin, like my valves weren't closeing all the way and my piston's were nailin em, so im like **** i gotta ride like 10 miles home, so i start its not so bad, then it just starts getting way worse n worse temp starts rising, so im like ah ****, when i pull the clutch in RPMs would drop Hard core, like milla secound, it was barely running. i make it like 20 feet from my house and plan on shifting into neutral and coasting to my house, i get to 2nd gear n bike shuts off, radiator dumped all the fluids n now bike wont turn over or push start.. anybody need parts from a 89 ninja zx6?
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 AM

hotbikerbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Blown Engine!!!

dude that sucks so bad i know how that is one night i was riding my old stunt bike an r6 and my **** blew. good luck getting that **** parted out!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:19 AM

Evel Knievel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blown Engine!!!

bro that sucks! you can get a motor cheap online at a junkyard /salvage place look around. $150 - $300 for a good used motor. 89 ninja right i will find you one bro where are you located?

check with these guys about a used 89 zx6r engine

http://www.jcmotors.com/jc_motors.htm

peace :YEAH
Old 07-07-2004, 02:38 AM

Evel Knievel is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want to rebuilt it yourself you can get the parts here it make it really ****ing fast. !

http://www.zxzone.com/

:YEAH
Old 07-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Tonight i pulled the valve cover and cams n everything looking good from up top. im tryin to figure out how to pull the cam chain off so i can pull the cams n ****... man bike engines are weird compared to cars but im workin with it. im thinking one or two pistons are done for. if any of u have extensive engine smarts n what not and don't mind helping hit me up on AIM or yahoo messenger, i wanna rebuild it low compression so i can turbo it n sell it for a grip. i got a T2 turbo i just need to get some plumbing and a BOV and a few oil lines n wha laa ready to spool. also ima start postin some digital pics of progress hopfully. thanks for the pics and if u guys know anyone with a old kawi in the garage taking up space u know what to do
Old 07-07-2004, 05:45 PM

r1jason is an unknown quantity at this point

lol the taxi cab broke.. the valves should be getting tighter not looser if its overhead cam. probably has a spun bearing. but if its seized then it is... im sellin my r1 for 6000 hehe..
Old 07-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah or valve seat fell into the cylinder is what tommy was telling me, tonight i should get top end off to see what happend, just need to pull carbs to get to the cam chain tensioner and that should be it, is they're a way to pull the head with out removeing the cams?, i mean it looks like a ****ing bitch getting the timing chain arround the crank back up to the cams... anybody know what to do
Old 07-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

what are you gonna get? a gsxr 1?, i rode a 04 gsxr 1 the other night, and i can wheelie that thing for miles...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 PM

no u have to pull the cams off to get the chain off jsut put it at top dead center and make sure the marks are on target and loosen all the bolts that hold the cams evenly.. then pull the head off...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:54 PM

no gsxr 1 for me ... im gettin either a 900rr or a 929,954 whichever is in the trader at the time.. but the guy i got the bike from has a polished 900rr that he said he might wanna trade me...
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Yup, Spun bearing #3 cylinder i believe, its like stuck on the crank... everything else looks good, i hope my crank isn't trashed? cause the #3 connecting rod wont spin one bit, and how the hell does the tranny disconnect from the engine, in shafts?... man they'res like 1000 thousand 10mm bolts. thank god for zip lock baggies and a sharpee if ya know what i mean
Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Scrapes Elbow

man im having some major trouble cracking the case, i don't see any bolts that i might be missing
Old 07-09-2004, 12:21 AM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point

uhhhhhh what kind of tick? i just noticed a tick in what sounds like my top end but as far as i can tell the valves are okay..
Old 07-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah i thought a piston was hitting my spark plug...but it was really the #3 Rod bearing twisting apart, it only made the noise under a load or reving..even though ihaven't cracked the case, i can tell the bearing is gone cause the rod has lots of up n down play where it connects to the crank.. god i wish i could get this case apart!
Old 07-09-2004, 03:12 AM

ah. i seem to only have it at cold idle, thanks tho. best of luck to ya
Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 AM

LoganDzwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
yeah i thought a piston was hitting my spark plug...but it was really the #3 Rod bearing twisting apart, it only made the noise under a load or reving..even though ihaven't cracked the case, i can tell the bearing is gone cause the rod has lots of up n down play where it connects to the crank.. god i wish i could get this case apart!
I had something like that happpen to my 250, and two seadoos. Accually, the seadoo crew I ride with calls "crank buster." You should be able to just take the lower engine core to a shop and have then fix that. See, you can open the case, but you need specail equipment to repair the crank and replace the bearing.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Actully i don't, cause i know some one who is selling a crank with the rods still connected for my bike.. i just need to buy some new main bearings... and lots of RTV,
Old 07-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Scrapes Elbow

oh yeah i think its a harmonic balencer thing
Old 07-10-2004, 12:02 AM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude I am so sorry I wasn't there with you because I would have told you ,,,no MADE you park that thing. I can tell you right now what happened, I will bet good money that the oil pump stopped working.

PLEASE IF YOU EVER HEAR THAT SHUT IT OFF AND DO NOT RESTART!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:11 AM

i thought hondas had the least problems with oil-related problems?

Quick Reply: Blown Engine!!!