Blown Engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:33 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Blown Engine!!!

k im finished, im parting it out..
Old 07-10-2004, 02:50 AM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Those engines are alot of fun to take apart. To get the cams out, you have to remove the cam chain tensioner. Halfway down the back side of the cylinders on the same side a the cam chain. Some bike have bolts that hold the cases together that are under the cylinders. There are bolts top and bottom. These engines are NOT like seadoo's. Those 2 strokes have press fit cranks/bearings. You wil just need to buy a new/used crank, con rods and pistons. It isnt that hard, just take your time. The "harmonic balancer thing" is used it charging either inside or outside the stator. You should not need to remove it. If you need any help, PM me with a good deskription and I will try to help. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

no i've allready tride pryin it apart with a crow bar, the case metal is all scored so im sure now if i did get it apart and put back together it would leak oil ... god i even got a 2ton puller from autozone and that didn't pull that stupid balancer thing off..
Old 07-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Scrapes Elbow

and i've pulled bolts ontop, on bottom in the oil pan.. every where they're are no more its behind that stupid thing
Old 07-10-2004, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by MasterShake
and i've pulled bolts ontop, on bottom in the oil pan.. every where they're are no more its behind that stupid thing
There are almost always some hidden little retarded bolts that make the whole thing a pain. I know on the old FJ's, there is a small sprocket inside the motor that is hideing a small (but stong, oops) bolt. Just get a new motor for it. Its alot cheaper than loseing the bike, unless you got it cheap.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Scrapes Elbow

oh man it is definetly a spun bearing, thing is ****ing trashed... crank is perfectly fine.. after pryin my *** off it came apart.. it was stupid stator thingy behind the shield, but i still can't get the ****in crank out cause the tranny chain has no frickin slack and i striped two screws that remove the outer lock for the gear pole to slide out.. maybe this engine is still salvageable.. but man what a bitch.. least i understand now how everything works in a bike engine
Old 07-10-2004, 04:54 AM

When in doubt, use a bigger hammer. If that dosent work, its cuttin torch time!!!

When you run it after the problem starts, it gets really hard to get everything apart. Thats why I hate wrenching on bikes I dont own.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:56 AM

oh man it is definetly a spun bearing, thing is ****ing trashed... crank is perfectly fine.. after pryin my *** off it came apart.. it was stupid stator thingy behind the shield, but i still can't get the ****in crank out cause the tranny chain has no frickin slack and i striped two screws that remove the outer lock for the gear pole to slide out.. maybe this engine is still salvageable.. but man what a bitch.. least i understand now how everything works in a bike engine
Even if you cant feel any groves in the crank, they may be there. If it isnt bad, you cad get it turned, and get oversized bearings. But then you learn the art of Plasigauge!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Nah, the bearing was squeezing out the sides!, and the bearing is groved from the rod side not crank. i'll try n post pictures tomorrow of my horrifying bearing and back yard of skaterd tools and engine parts... awesome
Old 07-10-2004, 07:28 PM

Nah, the bearing was squeezing out the sides!, and the bearing is groved from the rod side not crank. i'll try n post pictures tomorrow of my horrifying bearing and back yard of skaterd tools and engine parts... awesome
Before you rebuild it, you have to figgure out why the bearing spun. Lack of oil pressure? Overheated? Then what caused the problem. Oil pump messed up? blocked oil passage to that one bearing? This is always the time consuming part.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i think i was two quarts short to tell you the truth...
Old 07-11-2004, 10:27 PM

i think i was two quarts short to tell you the truth...
That will do it.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:30 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i work at honda in the parts department, 9 times out of 10 when you spin a bearing it burs the crank and you have to replace it.

i can tell you right now that engine is probably not worth saving. complete engine gasket set for that is around 130$ (after market), crank bearings are around 50-100$ then the rod is around another 150$. it's an 89, find a new motor or lay it to rest. probably gonna cost more to rebuilt it than the whole bike is worth.

gotta watch that oil level man.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wham Got the picks, yeah crank is Scored, on the under side where i couldn't see till i really tride..ok Click Below On The Names For Pcitures

<a href="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/100c0ef6/bc/Motorcycle/Crank+Bearing+Scoreing.jpg?bfUN98ABosVPotN8">Crank Scoreing</a>
<A href="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/100c0ef6/bc/Motorcycle/Spun+Rod+Bearing.jpg?bf0U98ABydAid8g9">Spun Bearing</a>
<a href="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/100c0ef6/bc/Motorcycle/Stator+Cover+thingy.jpg?bf0U98ABTAVS4M80">Stator Cover Thingy 1</a>
<a href="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/100c0ef6/bc/Motorcycle/Stator+Cover+thingy+2.jpg?bf0U98ABVgfg2b3A">Stator Cover Picture Thingy 2</a>

All Photos Of My Bike Here <a href="http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/clockwork_guru/lst?.dir=/Motorcycle&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/">Bike Images</a>
Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Blown Engine!!!

Bout time for old betty to blow?
Old 07-14-2004, 04:25 AM
Scrapes Elbow

anybody know anything about the 89 zx7s? frames are exactly the same except for engine mounts... i need to know if my sub frame and swing arm will fit to a zx7 frame oh and forks to.. i can pick up a zx7 engine, harness and with carbs for 500$ i mide aswell pick up the frame to and build a half breed zx7... im sure for 200$ and some trade in parts i get the frame to
Old 07-14-2004, 04:37 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

i just rebuilt one of these for a guy i work with, had to take 2 **** motors and build one good one. i have all the parts he needs except the bottom case. ones i rebuilt had a bad bottom case and a hole in the cylinder where the wrist pin cir-clip came off and the pin went through the cylinder wall.