12 bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 09:15 AM

roabs is an unknown quantity at this point
12 bars

which style is better for an r1 internal mount or external thanks for any help are there any differences and when i recieve my bar do they just clamp on or do i have to weld it? thanks again
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12 bars

If you're going through 905, you just have to drill a couple of hiles in your subframe. I've never seen or talked with anyone about the external mount, but I know that I'de be more skeptical of the external than internal due to the fact that I can't imagine it being as strong.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

My friend got the external 905 bar. Its way too long, the bike doesnt even come close to 12
Old 07-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

I Built My Own, Just To Make It The Way [i] Wanted It. It's Not That Hard, Just Takes Time And Some Work. But From What I Hear Outter Bars Are Stronger, And I Prefer Bolting The Bar Vs.clamping It.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 AM

wheeliesnshit is an unknown quantity at this point

905 racing and powers bike works make nice bars or just have a welder make 1 for u i would say they make the external 1's for babys who dont want to f'up there tail . go with interneal mount and clamos work just fine scarped my clamps all day no probs just dont have some meetball with a 1/2 wrench put them on for you hahahah
Old 07-06-2004, 12:55 AM

marksroom is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 12 bars

Yeah if you know how to weld at all your all set.... takes about 5 mins to measure and then start fabricating
Old 07-06-2004, 07:43 AM

i went with the 905 cage and internal bar .. how do you guys meausre them up when mounting them to know your right length?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:16 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by roabs
i went with the 905 cage and internal bar .. how do you guys meausre them up when mounting them to know your right length?
Drop the tire pressure to 5 psi, stand it up so the bike points backwards by about an inch.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:11 PM

threekidss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roabs
which style is better for an r1 internal mount or external thanks for any help are there any differences and when i recieve my bar do they just clamp on or do i have to weld it? thanks again
making one today.......got enough material for 2.....I went with 3/8 thick stainless for the scrape bar which I am sure is thicker than what you will buy......cost me 11.00.....leave the sides a little long and back it up into dry wall.......mark your angle/cut/weld/ paint to taste....kick it up a notch!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:32 PM

so on mounting my 12 bar couldnt i just back the bike up to a wall and measure like that? has anyone tried this? so you want the bar to be 1 inch llower than 12 so you tilt back a bit? thanks guys