New to all This

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:05 AM

grandmasterb is an unknown quantity at this point
New to all This

Hey guys, im new to the whole riding ur bike on the back wheel scene but really want 2 learn how just so i fit in with other boys. I am riding a 98 gsx-r 600 and i have been able 2 throttle it up about a foot but it takes a bit of work and is a bit fast for my likeing while im still learning. ( About 45-50 mp/h). I would really like 2 learn how 2 clutch wheelie but not real sure about speeds, rpm's or position and the idea of just letting rip on the throttle is still a bit daunting to think that the bike will just go straight up and then straight over. If anyone could throw a little light on the subject it would b much appreciatied, cheers the boy in Oz. ps im about 6'3" and around the 88kgs.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to all This

Originally Posted by grandmasterb
Hey guys, im new to the whole riding ur bike on the back wheel scene but really want 2 learn how just so i fit in with other boys. I am riding a 98 gsx-r 600 and i have been able 2 throttle it up about a foot but it takes a bit of work and is a bit fast for my likeing while im still learning. ( About 45-50 mp/h). I would really like 2 learn how 2 clutch wheelie but not real sure about speeds, rpm's or position and the idea of just letting rip on the throttle is still a bit daunting to think that the bike will just go straight up and then straight over. If anyone could throw a little light on the subject it would b much appreciatied, cheers the boy in Oz. ps im about 6'3" and around the 88kgs.
check out ''complete guide to learning basic wheelies'' the top thread on this page, it's got every thing you need to learn. lots of reading, but very usefull, be safe.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:38 PM

grandmasterb is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to all This

Had a look at the info and found it really helpfull, although still having a little trouble trying to find the right rpm range as most of the time when i get on the throttle it just lights up the rear and i end up doing a power burn 1st threw to 3rd-4th. My rear tire is getting old but still has plenty of tread onn it yet so i guess its just a matter of trial and error really. Throttling it up no probs but still not 2 keen on the speed so i plan on taking it slow and getting these clutch ups perfect. Thanks for all the advice i have told a few friends about that article and they also found it extremly helpfull, get back 2 u guys when im worthy and will post a few pics when i have mastered the art. BG