Geting the balls to wheel ..

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 06:57 PM

DEVIN22CBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Geting the ***** to wheel ..

Whats up guys/gals ...Ive recently been getting pretty comfortable(which is bad) but hey Im ready to move on with my riding. Ive got 2 bikes right now and Im planning on practicing these on my beater F2 CBR :P...Im going for the cluthc method I guess but howd you guys get the ***** your first time ro bring it up ? Im not really sure what to epect and Id rather not loop the damn hting so you guys got any tips other than to just wing it and hope for the best :-p. Thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 08:06 PM

Silent Scope is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Geting the ***** to wheel ..

Im only 13.. but i was born a stunter.. I have a Haro mountian bike that i stunt with.. i can do endos.. wheelies.. all that ****.. but i didnt just start out doing crazy *** big wheelies.. you got to start small.. and once your used to it.. make it go higher and higher.. But make sure u got the wheelie part first so u can control your balance before you do endos.. because there is nothing better than smashing your head on some nice pavment.

Rock on :YEAH
Old 07-02-2004, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silent Scope
Im only 13.. but i was born a stunter.. I have a Haro mountian bike that i stunt with.. i can do endos.. wheelies.. all that ****.. but i didnt just start out doing crazy *** big wheelies.. you got to start small.. and once your used to it.. make it go higher and higher.. But make sure u got the wheelie part first so u can control your balance before you do endos.. because there is nothing better than smashing your head on some nice pavment.

Rock on :YEAH

Yeah I can stunt the **** out of a bycycle lol ...Funn you brought that up because we use to have competitions between the friends for fun alot here.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:21 PM

Silent Scope is an unknown quantity at this point

All the kids **** their pants when they see me stunting!

Anyways try my advice
Old 07-02-2004, 08:43 PM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

roll around your block just clutching it up. start around 3000 rpm. just keep doing that a few times having it only come up a few inches, then move up in rpm's by 500 at a time. as you gradually accelerate in rpm's you will bring your front wheel up higher and higher and grow more confident and aware as you do it.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:50 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Chances your gonna loop it the first time are pretty slim. Most people freak and close the throttle the second they bring it up their first couple times. Plus the f2 is pretty heavy for how much power it has so it will tend to come down as soon as you let off the throttle (so heavy is kinda a good thing). I'm just starting to get to ride out wheelies on my f3. Start in first rolling about 15mph pull the clutch in about halfway till you feel the rpms start to raise and the clutch starts to slip, then let out the clutch quickly and smoothly. You'll get it just practice....

Jon
Old 07-02-2004, 09:55 PM

Thanks alot Johnny..Thats what Im going to try. My F Is my baby so Im gonna try on the ol F2 streetfighter lol entill I get better. What RPM do you usually slip the clutch at on yours ? Thanks
Old 07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Don't even look at the tach, roll 15mph, throttle 1/4 open roll it to about 20 then slip the clutch fast and drop it smooth. It'll basically hop the first few times. Keep increasing the amount of throttle you give it before you slip the clutch until it comes up.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

you just gotta do it, it takes time to get used to, but it'll get easier with time. just get out ther and learn at your own pace. be safe
Old 07-03-2004, 06:26 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by teva
you just gotta do it, it takes time to get used to, but it'll get easier with time. just get out ther and learn at your own pace. be safe

It'll be scary the first few times it comes up, and it might take you weeks to get past that, but once you get it up smooth without being jerky and it comes up high you'll be addicted.

I just got it high for the first time yesterday and I was out all day today clutching them up perfectly and even riding the BP for a while.

Like the other guy said don't worry about looping it, if it even gets close to BP (which I doubt cause you'll probably drop it back down WAY before that) the engine braking in 1st will bring the front end back down.

Practice covering the rear brake though just in case.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:31 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea what rpms i'm at. My tach doesn't work so I was forced not to look at it, I just know that i'm usually around 15mph slip the clutch in and then slip it out... I can hear the powerband kick in and thats when i slip it out, it comes pretty quick. Just practice you'll get it.