Bike pulls hard to the right on the rear wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:34 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough
Bike pulls hard to the right on the rear wheel

Aight... Check this out. Last month I trailered my bike from Dallas to Miami... about a 20+ hour drive. Everything was all good on my bike when I left but when I got to Miami... unstrapped my bike and pulled up my first wheelie it felt like it almost wanted to just lay over on its right side...

I almost wrecked... I checked the alignment and according to those little notches on the axle everything is lined up properly. My chain & sprocket barely has 500 miles on it so I'm not thinking that's it. Has anyone ever had their bike get "thrown off" due to trailering it long distances to shows or whatever... or anyone have any idea why my damn bike won't wheelie anymore without immediately yanking to the right? HELP!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:26 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bike pulls hard to the right on the rear wheel

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
Aight... Check this out. Last month I trailered my bike from Dallas to Miami... about a 20+ hour drive. Everything was all good on my bike when I left but when I got to Miami... unstrapped my bike and pulled up my first wheelie it felt like it almost wanted to just lay over on its right side...

I almost wrecked... I checked the alignment and according to those little notches on the axle everything is lined up properly. My chain & sprocket barely has 500 miles on it so I'm not thinking that's it. Has anyone ever had their bike get "thrown off" due to trailering it long distances to shows or whatever... or anyone have any idea why my damn bike won't wheelie anymore without immediately yanking to the right? HELP!!!!
MY BUDDY STRAPPED HIS DOWN IN A TRUCK AND DROVE LIKE A COMPLETE A@#HOLE,WITH THE BIKE JUMPING AROUND IN THE BACK IT PUT A LITTLE BEND IN THE SWING ARM[LFT ARM UP/ RGHT ARM DOWN] A HIS BIKE PULLED TO THE LEFT. WITH IT BEING BENT IT CHANGED THE DIMENSIONS OF THE SWING ARM SO THE BIKE TRACKED TO THE LEFT. CHANGED THE SWING ARM AND IT WENT AWAY. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, BUT I THOUGHT I'D LET YOU KNOW
Old 06-30-2004, 04:29 PM
DIZZLESTUNTZ.COM

X DIZZLE X is an unknown quantity at this point

or you could have broke a band in the tire that could cause that , try changing the tire
Old 06-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by STUNTER929RR
or you could have broke a band in the tire that could cause that , try changing the tire
THAT'S TRUE TOO.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys!!!! That's the kind of things I was looking to hear. Except for the fact that that's a practically brand new diablo on the back.

Oh well... I'll swap out the tire and maybe take it to a frame shop and see if something is tweaked. My sprocket and chain setup will be here in a couple of days... Do you think this will be as noticeable when I start learning to slow my wheelies down and progress from my current 11:15 wheelies to high noon?
Old 06-30-2004, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
Thanks guys!!!! That's the kind of things I was looking to hear. Except for the fact that that's a practically brand new diablo on the back.

Oh well... I'll swap out the tire and maybe take it to a frame shop and see if something is tweaked. My sprocket and chain setup will be here in a couple of days... Do you think this will be as noticeable when I start learning to slow my wheelies down and progress from my current 11:15 wheelies to high noon?
I DON'T THINK IT WILL? YOU USE ALOT OF TORQUE IN THE BEGINNING TO GET UP FROM A DEAD STAND STILL, BUT AFTER THAT YOUR IN LOW RPM'S SO IT SHOULDN'T MESS WITH YA. LET ALOT OF AIR OUT THE BACK AND TRY LIKE THAT. HOPE IT WORKS , BE SAFE...