my gixxer 6 just wont come up(help)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:33 PM

nemisis00sc is an unknown quantity at this point
my gixxer 6 just wont come up(help)

ive been reading alot of posts and replies from one of my threads and i still cant get the front end up but maybe 3 inches. i tried slippin the clutch at 5-6k and releasing at around 9. and when i dump it i keep on the gas, and it only gives a big jerk and maybe comes up 3 inches. i am about 195lbs. someone said i should be at those lower rpms cause i have to rely on torque instead of hp. then i try to slip it at higher rpms and same thing..it just gives a big jerk, so what should i do from here? thanks for the help!
Old 06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my gixxer 6 just wont come up(help)

Bro i totally know what your talking about.....

Ive been rockin the 62 spocket for so long, then today i change it back to stock and put a new engine in. I couldn't get that bitch up for like the first half of the day.....
on a 600 w/ stock gearing it takes high RPM and a slip of the clutch and lots of rear brake..... i got a nice 65-70mph going ....this is going to take some getting use to.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:11 PM

i hear ya..i dont think im ready for that 60-70 mph stuff. anybody else here ridin the same with some info? 03 gixxer 6
Old 06-26-2004, 11:43 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

keep your arms straight, in first...rev to 8 and DUMP the clutch dont slip it, i know for damn sure it will come up
Old 06-26-2004, 11:50 PM

KawZX6 is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend gots an 03 GSXr 6 and he goes about 20 mph or so then give gas then stops then hit it agian and the thing goes up he doesnt even use the clutch just bounce it, i cant even get my 01 ZX7R up as much as he can i can get mine up 3 feet or so but i have to clutch it
Old 06-27-2004, 12:01 AM

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

you should be able to bounce it up in first and second. i've got the same bike and have no proplems in first and second. it just takes practice. i remember someone around here sayin to get the motion down before you try to get it up. it helped me! just go around bouncing on the front and the pegs for a little while. dont jerk it just a smooth motion. for third and up, it is a little harder. gotta use the clutch+bounce. i'm still workin on it. good luck.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:36 AM

P-Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 02 gixxer 6... when i had stock gears it came up with ease (no clutch)... now i have -1 up front since i got it lowered. i still wheelie with ease... without clutching... read the sticky on learning to wheelie...it just takes pratice and seat time... just my good luck and cover the rear brake
Old 06-27-2004, 07:36 AM

PGsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
you have 2 options

you can do it two ways, i used to ride an 00 gsxr 600, which i know has less power than your 03, the ways are simple, you can do like one guy was walking about, hit the gas, back off and let the forks compress and then smack it again, this is called a power wheelie, or double banging it, it will come up - the only problem is you wont know how kwikly or how high cause you are relying on the throttle to be the same all the time. The other way which is safer and likely a better way to learn is clutching your wheelies, to get this motion down, go into third gear at 40 mph or so, hold on the gas, then as kwik as you can pull the clutch in and let it out, just blip the clutch, in - out and you will feel a little jerk, it wont come up in third, then after you do that a bunch of times, go o second and do it, it may get even closer but may still not come up. JUST REMEMBER TO COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE AND ALSO THE CLUTCH CAN SAVE YOU TOO IF IT COMES UP TO HIGH. then finally go into first and slowly at 30 mph or so as if you would be accelarting from a traffic light, get on it and blip the clutch and learn to ride them out til you hit the rev limiter, DONT WORRY ABOUT HEIGHT YET!! my first wheelie was 6 inches off the ground and i swore it was going over the back. once you can consistently ride the wheelies, even a foot off the ground til they can hit the rev limiter, they you can start going higher. but you need to be able to control the bike with the throtle once it comes up so that if it ever comes up too high off the start, you can save it and still ride out a good wheelie. let me know how you make out.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:40 PM

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

dont look at the head light when trying to wheelie scoot your *** back lock your arms lean back and drive at like 4 or 5 grand rev to 7 or 8 dump the clutch with the gas steady it will start to rise , apply gas as needed (this is all sitting of course) , now standing i feel is easier , in first do the same thing with the gas and clutch but lock your knees , (you should be able to feel the rear fairing on the back of your legs if your leaned back far enough) when you dump the cluth it will rise quick so have that brake covered , in second you can drive any speed from 30 to 45 , pull in the clutch preload the bike by pushing down , lock you legs b4 it rises as its coming up snap that clutch with the gas steady it will start to come up and apply gas as needed and boom your good to go , you get the idea good luck bro and be safe :YEAH,

OH yeah thats just how i do it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	85567  

Last edited by GoBo; 06-27-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:53 PM

thanks for the replies fellas..will try these tips sometime today. and thanks for the pic too. i think thats part of my problem. im sitting pretty close to the tank, i need to scoot back. thanks again.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:22 PM

still practicing...but its coming up a few inches finally. im clutching in first and second. but when i dump the clutch, what do i do with the throttle? do i keep it in the same position as i had it when i dumped the clutch or do punch it to help it up? thanks again ....
Old 06-30-2004, 02:46 PM

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nemisis00sc
still practicing...but its coming up a few inches finally. im clutching in first and second. but when i dump the clutch, what do i do with the throttle? do i keep it in the same position as i had it when i dumped the clutch or do punch it to help it up? thanks again ....
try getting the rpms up a little more it will come up higher , remeber lean back , pull in the clutch gas it let the clutch out(do not let of the gas) just keep the gas steady and you can apply more to get it higher . good luck be safe
Old 06-30-2004, 02:53 PM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve

I've tried using the clutch and some say it is better to learn that way, but honestly I think just bouncing it up in 1st is the best way. Get up to about 7k, let off the throttle for a second, then hit again and give a little tug on the bars and up it will go. I have the same bike as you. Just my though.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:05 PM

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nemisis00sc
ive been reading alot of posts and replies from one of my threads and i still cant get the front end up but maybe 3 inches. i tried slippin the clutch at 5-6k and releasing at around 9. and when i dump it i keep on the gas, and it only gives a big jerk and maybe comes up 3 inches. i am about 195lbs. someone said i should be at those lower rpms cause i have to rely on torque instead of hp. then i try to slip it at higher rpms and same thing..it just gives a big jerk, so what should i do from here? thanks for the help!
WHEN I FIRST STARTED RIDING I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN YOU RELEASE THE CLUTCH, JUST SNAP IT. YOU HAVE TO ROLL THE GAS A LITTLE ONCE YOU DO TO GET IT TO CLIMB, NOT KEEP THE GAS AT THE SAME SPOT.IT TAKES PRACTICE AT DIFFERENT RPM'S AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU COVER THE REAR BRAKE[VERY IMPORTANT]. MAD PROPS ON YOUR ATTEMPTS... KEEP IT UP YOU'LL GET IT...
Old 07-01-2004, 12:56 AM

speedy5290 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuzukiJoe
I've tried using the clutch and some say it is better to learn that way, but honestly I think just bouncing it up in 1st is the best way. Get up to about 7k, let off the throttle for a second, then hit again and give a little tug on the bars and up it will go. I have the same bike as you. Just my though.
Trust me using the clutch is so much better. I was in the same position you were in about a month ago. All I wanted to do was power wheelies because it felt comfortable after a while. Until the day I did a twelve by accident. After that I went to clutching. I never realized what everyone was doing with the clutch. Some people say dump it, slip it, feather it, pull it, but no one explains. One day I decided to try to use the clutch in the parking lot and I will never go back to powering them again.
I have a 01 gixxer 600 so its basically the same procedure. Go to a parking lot with a lot of runway room. Get going at about 20-25 mph, make sure your tire is warmed up and that you have lower air pressure maybe like 15-20psi. Just start practicing by putting in the clutch to the point where it disingages power, give it a little gas and let out the clutch real quick. Its almost like one fluid motion. Gas, Gas, Clutch in real quick, Rev up, clutch out real quick... one motion. KEEP THE REAR BRAKE COVERED!
What I used to do with clutching was completely wrong. I used to ride up to about 25mph put in the clutch, hold the clutch in and let it idle and then rev it to about 10k rpm and let it out, but it takes so long to do that process that by the time you are letting out the clutch the bike has kind of lost its momentum. You want the whole process to be one quick fluid motion. Try to watch other people do it. I learned best after I went to psychofest. Which by the way is absolutly the best stunt show ever. By watching other people who know exactly what they are doing you can get a feel for it. You can hear how they put in the clutch real quick, rev it and then let it go. It almost sounds as if they never put in the clutch at all. Thats how fast it is.
Also i know this sounds hard, but don't look down at your revs. Look forward and keep your body relaxed. Listen to the bike. The first few times you do this procedure the bike will only come up about a couple inches, maybe even a foot. The more you rev and the faster you are going the higher it will come up. Balance point is a real lot father back than you think. 1-2 feet feels like a real lot the first few times, but you have a lot more to go. Don't do too much too fast, just keep practicing. Before you know it you will be doing twelves. Unlike me! I'm still practicing myself, but each day it gets easier. Keep practicing and good luck man, be safe. If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer, but I'm still learning too.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:52 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

There are a million stunters in FLA.......would someone hook up with this boy and show him how its done in person.......hes got alot of enthusiasm, and won't give up on the wheelie....I like that attitude!

my I learned throttle wheelies in 1st before I learned clutch wheelies.....
Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt read much of the above because all i saw was POWER it up. dont do this.

go slow like 10 mph, pull in your clutch, give it gas, slip your clutch real SMOOTH & FAST, and stay on the gas. you will need to give it more gas as you are coming up or you will only come up a couple inches and fall back down.

if you have tried this and the bike didnt come up then you got off the gas too early or you didnt rev up high enough. you willl hear a change in pitch(it gets way louder) as the rpms climb and this is when you should slip your clutch.

COVER YOU REAR BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:45 PM

STEW36 is an unknown quantity at this point

you really don't need to clutch that bike , if in first or second gear. just get the rpms up let off gas and gas and pull it up. and another thing. u need to step it up in sprocket or get a bigger bike.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:28 PM

CLUTCH IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! true you dont need to but EVERY "pro" clutches it up so i would think its the right way to do it. dont listen to people who say just bounce & nail it. stupid, very stupid. do you want to have a nice controlled wheelie EVERY time where you can get it up at one speed and stay at one speed? or do you want to go fast and then try to slow it down after your going 40-50? think about it and do it the right way. you can always speed up after you clutch it, but you cant always slow it down once your at 130 in a gay *** power wheelie.

you want skill, you dont want to make the bike do all the work do you?

learn to clutch & use your brake. only way to go
Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by STEW36
and another thing. u need to step it up in sprocket or get a bigger bike.

BULLSHIT!!!! i can wheelie a 50 ALL DAY!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: my gixxer 6 just wont come up(help)