first wheelie on the pig

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 02:42 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: first wheelie on the pig

Originally Posted by mikezx7r
Hey guys, Just wanted to say that i finally got my first wheelie in the air. I had been trying to do the power wheelie thing but it wasnt workin on my zx7r. I'm down 1 tooth on the front sprocket but could only power it up a couple of inches. I finally got it up by clutching first. Went out and after a few tries got going around 15mph or so, grabbed the clutch and gave it about half throttle and it came out about 2 or 2.5 feet. Was pretty sweet but i couldnt ride it out at all. I'm familiar with wheelies a little from dirt bikes and quads but what do you guys think of getting it up about that high then standing up to get the weight off of the front a little more. Also, do you think i should try more gas or clutch to get it higher right off the bat. This has been taking me a while to get it cuz of the fear of crashing. I hit a dog about a year ago @ 70mph, totalled my last bike, and didnt ride for about 6 months from that. Anyways, i just wanted to say that i finally got the front end up on my zx7r pig... :YEAH

p.s. i'll try to get a pic or vid up here for ya to see...
CONGRAT'S ON YOUR FIRST WHEELIE, KEEP GETTING OUT THERE AND TRYING. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:47 PM

mikezx7r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teva
CONGRAT'S ON YOUR FIRST WHEELIE, KEEP GETTING OUT THERE AND TRYING. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.
thanks man...i most definately will be out trying and hopefully improving. Also, saftey always comes first for me...

As far as JT slowin stuff down...i dont know if he does or not...i personally havent seen it but if somebody is doin that on a 7r, it wouldnt surprise me if it was him or if he was too...

Still havent had the time to do any more practice...went to the pittsburgh zoo today with the family and the girlfriend. Hopefully will make it out tomorrow or monday.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:55 PM

KawZX6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked on it a little yesterday but no luck the same old **** 2-3 feet thats it and tried the stand way cant do it, it fills weird that way lol
Old 06-27-2004, 10:13 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Yeah it'll feel weird at first... But after you get used to the way the bike feels while up in the air... it'll just feel "right"... hard to explain but there's just a calmness in all the chaos of lifting a 480 lb machine onto one wheel. You get it up there... and for a brief moment... everything is right with the world.

dammit...

Can somebody get me a tissue?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:47 PM

KawZX7R is an unknown quantity at this point

Well one of these days i hope i can do a wheelie and ride it for awhile lol, i found some videos of some ZX7's doing some stuff, and some pics http://www.sportbikerider.us/index.c...1&Height2=9999

http://www.sportbikerider.us/index.c...1&Height2=9999

http://www.redmonkey.com/7r/index.ph...=.%2Fstart.php (go to gallery)
Old 06-27-2004, 06:58 PM

those are some good sites to check out. the sportbikerider.us site is cool..it has a lot of good movies and pics of pretty much any thing you want. The other is a mostly 7r dedicated site. I go to sportbikerider.us prolly more that here lol. I am going to try to get out for a little this evening and attempt some stand ups..will post how it goes...
Old 06-30-2004, 12:12 AM

well, i went out and tried it again. Got it up nicely a few times but nothing to great...cant really ride them yet. Still having problems with the rear tire spinning or it jerking a little when i first dump the clutch. Do you guys think it is better to clutch at lower rpms...4-6k or to start the clutch at higher like 6-8k or so? Will that make a difference with the jerkiness or do i just have to have the gas/clutch timming be better? I didnt get a chance to try the standups in first due to the rear spinning so much upon getting the wheel up. I just didnt feel comfortable enough to stand up. Maybe i need to find a better road but its hard to find a good pavement road out here in western PA that is also a backroad where i dont have to worry about cagers or kids or sh_t like that...