12s are kickin' my @ss!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
12s are kickin' my @ss!

I just recently set my bike up for stunting. I'm getting much smoother at just bringing it up really high, and setting it down softly at low speeds, but every time I scrape, I crash. I've been sitting down hoping to get the feel, but I was thinking about it today, and I realized that maybe if I try them standing up, I would be able to step off of the bike easier, and catch it when I tip. Anybody got any advice? I was also thinking about just ditching the attempts to scrape for a while, and just focus on learning to ride stand-ups slow first. Could anyone tell me how long it took them to learn to 12 consistently, or to rock slow stuff? I've only worked on this stuff a few times, and for a short amount of time usually. I'de really like to practice next to somone that is better than me so that I can watch, and ask questions. Living in a town of 50,000 I doubt there's even anyone within a hundred miles that could help me out, so anyone that knows what's up, please share the knowledge.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:37 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12s are kickin' my @ss!

Learn slow stuff first.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ice Mike
I just recently set my bike up for stunting. I'm getting much smoother at just bringing it up really high, and setting it down softly at low speeds, but every time I scrape, I crash. I've been sitting down hoping to get the feel, but I was thinking about it today, and I realized that maybe if I try them standing up, I would be able to step off of the bike easier, and catch it when I tip. Anybody got any advice? I was also thinking about just ditching the attempts to scrape for a while, and just focus on learning to ride stand-ups slow first. Could anyone tell me how long it took them to learn to 12 consistently, or to rock slow stuff? I've only worked on this stuff a few times, and for a short amount of time usually. I'de really like to practice next to somone that is better than me so that I can watch, and ask questions. Living in a town of 50,000 I doubt there's even anyone within a hundred miles that could help me out, so anyone that knows what's up, please share the knowledge.
always let go of the bike, F**k it... it's fixable
Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DeltonaStunna
always let go of the bike, F**k it... it's fixable
Excellent advice... Can't tell you how many times I've washed out and instincts were telling me to hold on... Only to possibly get dragged over a cliff or sme sh-t.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Each time I just throw it away, roll once, and hop up to inspect the damage. So far the only thing hurt has been a slider bolt (motor mount) my front fender, and my front tire (bike went in a storm drain) its okay 'cuz my sponsor gives me tires. I'll work on rockin it slow for a while before I work on scrapin' anymore.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

hell bro im not going to lie.... ive been stunt riding for 4 1/2 years and just learnin to get over the fear of 12s was by far the hardest trick i ever learned... from the first time i touched tail until the point to where i really feel like i got it was seriously close to a year! last oct i did a show with darius, and met some good stunt friends form socal (warrenjamez.com) and getting to watch them kill the slow stuff was invaluable to me... taught me more then they know...

oh and schwartz from scooter trash.... first time i ever say a no throttle hander in real life....

kane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kanenth2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	84265  
Old 06-18-2004, 05:45 PM

5150Pat is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I kicked my bikes *** when beginnin 12's, crash landing those fawkers from almost dead stop, the gix 750 couldn't take it tho, broke alot of ****. Your better off going slow and then easing into it.