Help with steering

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 05:40 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with steering

Ok, until now I was riding 2nd gear standups, powering it up, on my 636. I just started doing clutch up sitdowns. I never had problems with standups but sitdowns. The bike often starts pulling to the right (never left). In this situation I try to lean to opposite side (left), but then it goes to right even more. I tried leaning to the right and it helps a bit but not enough. And I don't understand how when I lean to opposite it pulls to right even more. Can anyone explain the steering in details. I read a lot about it but this I don't understand. On standups when I lean left it goes left, and when right it goes right. ????????
Old 06-15-2004, 05:53 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with steering

try and focus some on how much weight your putting on each foot...when i push to the left to try and steer i end up putting more weight on the right and not helping any
Old 06-16-2004, 04:30 AM

yeah you'r right, that is probably my problem. When I lean left I probably put more weight on right peg. I also concentrate much on rear brake, so maybe I'm pushing on that peg. Not shure, I'll try it out.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bruno_z
Ok, until now I was riding 2nd gear standups, powering it up, on my 636. I just started doing clutch up sitdowns. I never had problems with standups but sitdowns. The bike often starts pulling to the right (never left). In this situation I try to lean to opposite side (left), but then it goes to right even more. I tried leaning to the right and it helps a bit but not enough. And I don't understand how when I lean to opposite it pulls to right even more. Can anyone explain the steering in details. I read a lot about it but this I don't understand. On standups when I lean left it goes left, and when right it goes right. ????????
I remember reading somewhere that you have to countersteer and lean with your shoulders and your knees.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:34 AM

Ok, I figured out, I was putting more pressure on right peg, and when I moved my body to left, I put even more pressure on right peg trying to push away to oppposite side. Im still not 100% in control of a sitdown but it is much better now...thanks guys!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:51 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

noproblem. glad we could help you. come again now.