How high?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How high?

Originally Posted by FHL

I was out practicing and decided to bring my digital camera along and put a timer on it and do some wheelies.

This one in the video got cut off right at that point and that was less than a second after clutching it, if you want me to post the video I can.

My question is, in the video you can hear the bike revving for another couple seconds and then me finally letting off the throttle. When I was actually doing it, it felt like I had it up to 9 o clock and then hit the balance point at which point I closed the throttle.

Is it possible that it just seemed really high and it was only as high as the picture, or do you think as I had the throttle pinned it probably did get up to the balance point...

this pic makes you look like your in the air. good luck with those wheelies.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy
yeah he has really posted that **** adn other dumb advice.....look around you'll see
yeah, see my post earlier. I try not to be a dick, but when you act like a dumb ***, you deserve it...
Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 PM

devin140 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have to agree, i used to hate standups on dirtbikes, cuz it was so twitchy, but then started doing them on streetbikes, after being use to sitdowns, i felt so much more in control standing up, just smoother and you can use your body more
Old 06-15-2004, 11:53 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember when i started doing wheelies, i thought i was the sh*t till i got the idea to video tape myself, man did that shut me up quick!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:30 AM

freddyspens is an unknown quantity at this point

the one thing i would strongly suggest after reading someones post about being on the back pegs, weather your standing or sitting-- cover the rear brake at all times while learning. and even get used to using it like its 2nd nature cause that WILL save you and your bike- your gonna have to get that front end in the air before that comes into play, good luck and take your time
Old 06-16-2004, 02:12 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Ok, I got it up pretty high tonight.

I don't know for sure but when it came up I crossed the wheel and rode it out for a while, and had enough time to turn it straight before I landed.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:16 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

What's the best way of clutching it without being jerky and getting an "oh ****" feeling?

I was going half throttle and slipping, but it seems like when I rev it and dump it it's less jarring and more predictable..
Old 06-16-2004, 09:12 AM

slim is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF your about 6 inchs tops off the ground. Thats not a wheelie hell that wont even clear a pop can. Listen to everyone on here that is giving you advice, quit asking more and more questions.????????????? You need to go read the how to wheelie sticky post it has all the answers you will ever need. If you can't read well then get the how to wheelie for dumbies vid and watch it a thousand times over. So what have you learned first read the how to wheelie post, second if that dont work buy the video
Old 06-16-2004, 03:23 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by slim
WTF your about 6 inchs tops off the ground. Thats not a wheelie hell that wont even clear a pop can. Listen to everyone on here that is giving you advice, quit asking more and more questions.????????????? You need to go read the how to wheelie sticky post it has all the answers you will ever need. If you can't read well then get the how to wheelie for dumbies vid and watch it a thousand times over. So what have you learned first read the how to wheelie post, second if that dont work buy the video

It was way over a foot off the ground, so **** you.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:26 PM

slim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
Wow a whole foot you must be joking, O i forgot your a balance point rider that keeps asking for advice my bad.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:59 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread is funny as hell
Old 06-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by FHL
I see why you dont have anybody to ride with?

Best advice for ya, http://www.wheeliesfromdummies.com
Old 06-16-2004, 08:53 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a quote that I posted after this guy was giving Wheelie help to other people on SL. U know whats funny as hell is I was fukin right didnt even have to know U and I knew U were full of shiat. So go practice thats how everyone learns. All Your posts on this thread were erased by a moderator so no more posts of U trying to help people do **** U cant even do.

"It all about finding the right rpm and knowing how to clutch it and bounce at the same time. I dont bounce mine I just stand up clutch and pull at the same time looks a little cleaner to me. Dont stand on both rear pegs when learning wheelies with stock gearing U dont have a whole lot of engine brake to bring U back down if U go to far. " unless U have a fine *** girl to dig asphalt out of U *** and take care of U for a month". Cover rear brake make it a habit it will save U ***. FHL is a dipshit and gona get someone hurt don't listen to him. I bet he cant even ride a wheelie just someone else talkin **** like they know what there doin. Redline an R1 or a 750 or any bike for that matter and drop the clutch while standing on the rear pegs = dumbass"
Old 06-17-2004, 02:36 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by UFDKris
This is a quote that I posted after this guy was giving Wheelie help to other people on SL. U know whats funny as hell is I was fukin right didnt even have to know U and I knew U were full of shiat. So go practice thats how everyone learns. All Your posts on this thread were erased by a moderator so no more posts of U trying to help people do **** U cant even do.

"It all about finding the right rpm and knowing how to clutch it and bounce at the same time. I dont bounce mine I just stand up clutch and pull at the same time looks a little cleaner to me. Dont stand on both rear pegs when learning wheelies with stock gearing U dont have a whole lot of engine brake to bring U back down if U go to far. " unless U have a fine *** girl to dig asphalt out of U *** and take care of U for a month". Cover rear brake make it a habit it will save U ***. FHL is a dipshit and gona get someone hurt don't listen to him. I bet he cant even ride a wheelie just someone else talkin **** like they know what there doin. Redline an R1 or a 750 or any bike for that matter and drop the clutch while standing on the rear pegs = dumbass"

Good job Jr. detective.

Ah, but unlike the other gumshoes I came with a specific problem and pictures to support it making it unique.

I was giving bad advice cause ******** ask the same question over and over again when all they ahve to do is search. I've searched for hours looking at every post on wheelies, and I still suck at them so I thought I might get better but I'm probably wrong.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:14 AM

FREESTYLEKYLE is a decent person

i know why you don't have frinds, it's that piece of **** civic!

here's an idea, sell the bitch car, buy a stuntbike (one you aren't affraid to wheelie) and a camcorder and then you can make wheelies and friends.

on a serious note, you gotta start some where. take your time. be safe. and start with the basics.

i started off doing power ups (less things to think about in a wheelie (no clutch) just gas and brake) until i felt comfortable in the air. i was doin' those in first and second for a couple months, i just started clutchin' em up a couple weeks ago and i'm still workin on height, like they were saying earlier it takes 1000's to get em up high and hold em. you have to get your rpms, clutch, and brake just right. its not gunna happen your first couple of times, be patient and keep tryin'.

props on the vid at least we know you do own a bike and are trying to learn. some people here probably don't even own a bike or if they do say they stunt or try and really just rock the slow lane.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:33 AM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
Good job Jr. detective.

Ah, but unlike the other gumshoes I came with a specific problem and pictures to support it making it unique.

I was giving bad advice cause ******** ask the same question over and over again when all they ahve to do is search. I've searched for hours looking at every post on wheelies, and I still suck at them so I thought I might get better but I'm probably wrong.
Your age really shows here

never give bad advice someone just might take U seriously and go out and try that stupid **** your saying. Oh ya and unique whats unique about this everyones been there, just most of us never posted it up. I never talked to anyone about wheelies until I could ride one not saying thats right but like U said you have only done it a few times. I used to try to ride wheelies every where. Get about 1000 tries under your belt and then post up 9times out of 10 you'll have answered most of your own questions. everyone new to this thinks that this easy. ITs not hard as hell it just takes time and practice get used to being on your bike. I'm not tryin to hate on U your young and just need some practice keep trying it will come to u. Just watch what U post up.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:50 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by ELEVEN
i know why you don't have frinds, it's that piece of **** civic!

here's an idea, sell the bitch car, buy a stuntbike (one you aren't affraid to wheelie) and a camcorder and then you can make wheelies and friends.

on a serious note, you gotta start some where. take your time. be safe. and start with the basics.

i started off doing power ups (less things to think about in a wheelie (no clutch) just gas and brake) until i felt comfortable in the air. i was doin' those in first and second for a couple months, i just started clutchin' em up a couple weeks ago and i'm still workin on height, like they were saying earlier it takes 1000's to get em up high and hold em. you have to get your rpms, clutch, and brake just right. its not gunna happen your first couple of times, be patient and keep tryin'.

props on the vid at least we know you do own a bike and are trying to learn. some people here probably don't even own a bike or if they do say they stunt or try and really just rock the slow lane.
The civic wasn't a piece of ****, it was one of the best looking EK (1998) hatchbacks in the state. It was dropped 2 inches and had a full 1999 Si conversion with power doors and 2004 EX coupe rims.

For your information I already sold sold it and bought my gixxer.

http://home.comcast.net/~jajajaja/ek2.jpg There's a pic about a week before I sold it.

http://www.highcountryhonda.com/digi...chatchback.JPG

That's what it looks like stock.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:01 PM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure if anyone said it, but just keep practicing.

just ride around back and forth on that street stepping up RPMs by like 500 everytime you clutch it. just get *****. and remember to cover the back brake incase you start to loop.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:06 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by iwannagixxer
not sure if anyone said it, but just keep practicing.

just ride around back and forth on that street stepping up RPMs by like 500 everytime you clutch it. just get *****. and remember to cover the back brake incase you start to loop.

I really wanna get a good video so I actually know how high I'm getting, if it doesn't start pouring rain (supposed to be strong storms today) within the next hour I'll go out.

The problem is I can't use that spot that often, even on sunday at 9pm there seems to be some ******* working there, the longest I've stayed is 15 minutes.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:08 PM

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

to FHL: either my eyes are bad or you really need to clean those rims! man just keep practicing. some people can do it at the start, but for most people it takes a while.

Quick Reply: How high?