Has any1 done the ghett TRE for gsxr's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 02:51 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Has any1 done the ghett TRE for gsxr's?

instead of dumping $50 for a name brand one... THIS GUY'S set-up is a resister you wire in, i belive its 15 or 15k or somthing like that, any1 know if this will work? thanks HERE ARE HIS INSTUCTIONS

Last edited by DLISH; 05-31-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Has any1 done the ghett TRE for gsxr's?

Originally Posted by DLish
instead of dumping $50 for a name brand one... THIS GUY'S set-up is a resister you wire in, i belive its 15 or 15k or somthing like that, any1 know if this will work? thanks HERE ARE HIS INSTUCTIONS
All a that a TRE is is a resistor with a factory wiring harness to make it a direct plug-in. If you are comfy with a wire stripper, solder, and not afraid of cutting the wire it is super easy to do.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 PM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

If you knew what resistor to get you could go to radio shack and make your own for a dollar.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:27 PM

b_faulk75 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, been there done that, I got most of my info from 81xbugmangixxermods, the info you got looks pretty much correct but bugman is a lot more in depth,he gives radio shack part numbers n-****...I did a switchable TRE mod on my 02 gixxer sixxer, all with stuff from radio shack for about 10.00 and in about an hour and a half.The switch lets you turn it on and off, i guess to see if it really makes a difference or something. The biggest problems i had were attaching the wires to the switch and finding the right resistor at radio shack, i actually fried one switch trying to solder wires to it and i had to solder a few resistors together to get 15k ohms because R.S. had none... other than that it was easy to do.
Now, as for what it actually does for performance, in my opinion very little, mine is working but i dont think it does a whole lot, if any thing. I will say this, when i first got my bike, i tried to race a friend and when i revved it up and dumped the clutch it seemed to fall on it's face, i only tried to launch it a few times so i don't know if it was me or the bike.That was last year before the TRE, now just this past saturday i got to race my bike at the drag strip for the first time and before i did i turned on the TRE and that sukka took off like a raped ape when i dropped the clutch... I havent had a chance to try it with it off so i'll get back to ya on that one... It does not seem to wheelie any different though on or off, dunno if it really did a whole lot...
Old 05-31-2004, 10:16 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

well im looking to get rid of that "bog" on the clutch up, what resister size did u use, and are the two wires correct? i ve been a bike tech for 5 years now, so i can install it fine, i just need to know the resistor size (color pattren) and verify those 2 wires
Old 06-01-2004, 04:49 AM

b_faulk75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Solid pink and the black with white stripe, and the resistors you can use are a 15k or a 6800k, check out the bugman gixxer mod webpage, its got full details, 81xbugmangixxermods
Old 06-06-2004, 10:42 AM

89kagsxr600 is an unknown quantity at this point

The resistor is 15k for the 6/750 and 6800k for the 1k. These I know will work for the 01-03 bikes, 04 don't know need input from anyone with a TRE on there 04's. :YEAH