The Low-Down on Rolling Burnouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 11:49 PM

03Black600rr is an unknown quantity at this point
The Low-Down on Rolling Burnouts

Ok heres what happens i rev it up and let the clutch go it sounds like the rear wheel is spinning and there is a patch to prove it. Its feels like after 4 or 5 seconds the bike is slipping out from under me or like i am lowsiding (is this possible). How fast should i be going? has this ever happend to any of you guys? is it more in brake control or clutch and throttle?

Thanks Frank
Old 05-22-2004, 12:29 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Low-Down on Rolling Burnouts

first off, your fingers should be off the clutch once the wheel is spinning or you will burn that sucker up fast. actually, leave a finger on it in case it gets wild, but don't use the clutch and don't put pressure on it.

first, ride around and warm up your front tire by braking hard and stuff.

Get as far forward as you can, when you let hte clutch out and the tire starts spinning i stay about 5k rpms or so. any less and the tire hooks up and bounces, any more and it starts spinning fast and getting a little wild.

it is coming out from under you because you probably have more weight on one peg than the other. that's how you steer them to make donuts, you apply weight to a peg and it moves. just put weight on the peg in the direction the tire is moving, you say it's moving out to the right, then put more weight on the right peg to stop the tire moving. also it takes a lot of brake control getting the speed moving forward for rpms of the rear wheel. you have to keep that front tire moving though otherwise you loose your momentum and it's hard to control and it'll want to spin out from under you.

it takes time man.