bike going to the right when wheelieing???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Regular StuntLifer

clutchit is an unknown quantity at this point
bike going to the right when wheelieing???

Heres the deal just got this 900rr, tire is straight, running about 22psi. I clutchit it first gear bike comes up straight, leans hard right then I continue to stay in it and it straightens out.. Regardless of how long I keep it up it continues to slightly favor the right side. But every time its the same thing.

Hard right, straight, then favor right side. I ve tried adjusting body position everything. Only thing I can think is it could it be that the tire has a plug in it. Or rim not balanced properly? Anybody have this issue or KNow what I can do.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:34 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
Re: bike going to the right when wheelieing???

wheel might not be straight
Old 05-19-2004, 11:26 PM
BIG T ----D UNIT

rev.9rr is an unknown quantity at this point

adjust your wheel so it sits to the right in the swing arm that will make it pull left wich will make you go straight
Old 05-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

u just need to get rid of that bike, i'll do ya a favor and take it off ur hands. haha
Old 05-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by FTPstunna
u just need to get rid of that bike, i'll do ya a favor and take it off ur hands. haha

Thanks for the offer but Ill have to pass.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:36 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like you are putting too much pressure on the right side when you pull it up.

the favors pulling right though, almost all roads will favor pulling the bike to the right, if it's still pulling REALLY hard to the right and the wheel is properly aligned, it's the tire.

mine was doing that, i rode around on it for a week and it balanced it out. it was worn too much on the right side, now it's fine. drop your pressure to like 10psi and ride it for a while to help wear the tire flatter, then bump it back up.

also, a plug won't pull, and unbalanced tire will just cuase it to bounce up and down, not side to side. i never balance my tires and never have a problem. they are made to tolerances so it's never really off by enough to even need a weight.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by binder929rr
sounds like you are putting too much pressure on the right side when you pull it up.

the favors pulling right though, almost all roads will favor pulling the bike to the right, if it's still pulling REALLY hard to the right and the wheel is properly aligned, it's the tire.

mine was doing that, i rode around on it for a week and it balanced it out. it was worn too much on the right side, now it's fine. drop your pressure to like 10psi and ride it for a while to help wear the tire flatter, then bump it back up.

also, a plug won't pull, and unbalanced tire will just cuase it to bounce up and down, not side to side. i never balance my tires and never have a problem. they are made to tolerances so it's never really off by enough to even need a weight.
I might just be putting to much pressure the bike I just got rid of was geared and it took nothing to get it up, not saying it takes much to get this one up but maybe I just need to get used to it I ve only been out on it once but I m getting new tires anyway. Im not a big fan of Dunlops..
thanks for the input.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:11 PM
back in the saddle again

ya, you don't need new tires, just wear them on the opposite side. i get that a lot with race take offs...once side has more wear than the other so it pulls for about a week or so until i wear it back to normal.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:14 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah mine used to do that in town..but our roads are shitand if you get into the right groove youll be fine...i found that since im right handed i put more weight on the right but ill lean my *** off to the left and it does nothing also...brand new tires...even when i lean it hardly moves back and im leaning almost off the bike... practice....
Old 05-21-2004, 07:42 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I always go to the right too! I found if I get on a flat road it makes a big difference. I also put a lot of weight on the right foot peg. I tried balancing the weight and transitioning the weight better from front to back and it made a difference. Just learning I guess, good luck!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:53 AM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by clutchit
I might just be putting to much pressure the bike I just got rid of was geared and it took nothing to get it up, not saying it takes much to get this one up but maybe I just need to get used to it I ve only been out on it once but I m getting new tires anyway. Im not a big fan of Dunlops..
thanks for the input.
i think you just need to get used to it...same thing is happening to my friend who just got a new 750...clutchin it up on your new bike ...the slightest ***** seems to make it drift...and it always seems to drift to the right for people...???? i think its the whole clutch ,throttle input...you may be jerking the throttle side as you bring it up...try to power it up and see what happens
Old 05-21-2004, 10:42 AM
back in the saddle again

ya, my bike started doing this again to me last night. I got pissed and stopped riding. I think it was a combo of the 13mph winds and the country roads out there have serious crown on them cause my bike was fine last week.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:22 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

when i pull my hands off the bars too it just turns off to the right...wrecked sitting in a highchair b/c of it also
Old 05-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a crown in the road ?
almost every road has a crown in the middle so the rain will runn off to the sides.

i try allin ing the rear wheel and see what happens.
also 22 psi is too much for the slow **** id drop the pressure and get some practice.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by MANUBI33
is there a crown in the road ?
almost every road has a crown in the middle so the rain will runn off to the sides.

i try allin ing the rear wheel and see what happens.
also 22 psi is too much for the slow **** id drop the pressure and get some practice.
I ran 22psi in my 636 and had no problems what so ever, on the same road and everything. I ve been out riding it the last two days and realized that its more me than the bike ,going from a geared bike back to stock is taking some getting used too. I find myself overcompensating for the gears and I m pulling on the bars more than usual. In time I ll get it.