2nd gear wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:08 AM

ryznstr-15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2nd gear wheelies?

Can someone shoot me some tips on 2nd gear wheelies I have been working on first gear ones but its a pain to have to shift all the way back down just to try to get it up. Also is it easyer to loop in 2nd? A lil help please with 2nd gear and how to get higher in first gear. Thanks all if it has already been posted sorry but it has been a rough day. thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 06:13 AM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2nd gear wheelies?

Originally Posted by ryznstr-15
Can someone shoot me some tips on 2nd gear wheelies I have been working on first gear ones but its a pain to have to shift all the way back down just to try to get it up. Also is it easyer to loop in 2nd? A lil help please with 2nd gear and how to get higher in first gear. Thanks all if it has already been posted sorry but it has been a rough day. thanks
what are you doing powering up 2nd gear??? you need to go pretty fast and give alot of throttle to power it up if your just starting to learn.... and also sitdown or standup?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:59 AM

ryznstr-15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a56kuser
what are you doing powering up 2nd gear??? you need to go pretty fast and give alot of throttle to power it up if your just starting to learn.... and also sitdown or standup?
I am sitting and I am trying to clutch them up when I do it in second it feels like I dont have enough power or that I need to be at higher rpms or something I am getting better at first gear should I do them sitting or standing? I have been doing them over the past few days sitting so that way feels fine to me but that all might change once I get them past 2 or 3 feet of the ground. Thanks for replyin man.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:59 AM

ALL MOTA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryznstr-15
I am sitting and I am trying to clutch them up when I do it in second it feels like I dont have enough power or that I need to be at higher rpms or something I am getting better at first gear should I do them sitting or standing? I have been doing them over the past few days sitting so that way feels fine to me but that all might change once I get them past 2 or 3 feet of the ground. Thanks for replyin man.
The 954 has waaaaay more than enough power. Try sitting as far back as you can, get it anywhere from 4K-6k RPM, slip the clutch, hit the throttle and stay on it. Staying on the throttle (and not cutting it off) is what most people have trouble with at first. They usually get scared because the bikes comes up so fast. Just practice, and remember to cover the rear brake just in case you go too far.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:58 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to have to agree with ALL MOTA here, you have plenty of power. On my zx-9r i get the rpms to about 6000 in 2nd then slip the clutch and give it some gas! Just keep on practicing, practicing, and practicing some more, and you will get it. Believe me, if i can do a wheelie, anyone can!!