falling over backwards...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 04:09 AM

bladerunner is an unknown quantity at this point
falling over backwards...

Anyone got any advice on overcoming the almighty fear of looping?? I looped the 954 last year...happened so fast I didn't know what happened til I woke up in the ER at the local trauma center. NOT FUN! All bones have healed now and the $5000 worth of damages are fixed. Trying to start second gear wheelies again, but my nuts are the size of a squirrels after last years crash. Any one else gone thru the same sorta thing and overcome this natural tendency for self preservation? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

lsr740seditz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: falling over backwards...

its under your RIGHT foot
Old 05-16-2004, 08:05 AM

Yeah, I'm covering that rear brake now...could've used that little piece of advice LAST summer. I've been riding for about 10 years, just never stunted much until I logged on to SL last year. You guys have a wealth of info to share and I've learned a ton just by reading the thousands of threads. Figured it's about time I start asking instead of just reading...thanks again for the reminder. Rear brake....got it!
Old 05-16-2004, 09:14 AM

bahamaspete is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a little at a time, it takes a while to get it all back together but it soon comes back, it's all up to you.
Needless to say back brakes is a most valuble tool. Or go out and buy an anti-loop device.
By the way, what speed do you float at or do you float at all? If your racing the throttle I have only this advice for you, Start all over, learn propper throttle control as you will need this before you go on to brake control.
If you think I'm talking smack then ignore this post!!

Hey Until then "keep it in the 10 range".
Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

its a bitch. just have to go out there and do it. looped my zx6r over it took me about 2 months to be comfortable doing 2nd gear stand ups again. then it just hit me and it was like i never crashed.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Regular StuntLifer

gixxertom is an unknown quantity at this point

i looped in jan and messed myself up pretty good. now i cover the brake all the time. before i just did when i thought about it. its a good idea to make best friends with your rear brake because im starting to learn slow stuff now and you need your natural reaction to be "rear brake" not just "off throttle" but like everyone will say....put your gear on find a safe spot grab some ***** and go practice. dont let the fear get to you thats the best part. without some fear.... there wouldnt be such an adrenaline rush at least for me anyways. have fun
Old 05-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Just duct tape mad card board to subjected areas on your body and loop that biitch out again! then you'll be like **** that didn't hurt cause u got all the card board protecting you and then u can practice looping out in a high chair, then u'll be pro.. u can goto a contest and loop out every trick n go home with gold... and all the girls cause they'll be like damn you tough, i seen u loop out like 15 times today and ur still riding!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by gixxertom
i looped in jan and messed myself up pretty good. now i cover the brake all the time. before i just did when i thought about it. its a good idea to make best friends with your rear brake because im starting to learn slow stuff now and you need your natural reaction to be "rear brake" not just "off throttle" but like everyone will say....put your gear on find a safe spot grab some ***** and go practice. dont let the fear get to you thats the best part. without some fear.... there wouldnt be such an adrenaline rush at least for me anyways. have fun

Hey GixxerTom us old stuntas shouldn't be looping like that man. Leave that **** to the young-uns.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

yea i might be getting old but i love this ****. i wish i wouldve discovered stuntin years ago when it was gettin started. special thanks to j britton for stuntin the streets of HB and opening my eyes to the baddest sport in town. urban assault is the beginning of it for me and yes even lvx....please dont hate
Old 05-16-2004, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by gixxertom
yea i might be getting old but i love this ****. i wish i wouldve discovered stuntin years ago when it was gettin started. special thanks to j britton for stuntin the streets of HB and opening my eyes to the baddest sport in town. urban assault is the beginning of it for me and yes even lvx....please dont hate
Hey man,
I'm not hating!!! Kool down rude boy!! I'm actually happy that I'm not the only thirtysomthing year old stunta on this site.
Stunt on forever my nigg!!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Regular StuntLifer

i meant dont hate on lvx....as most do on here. no hatin from me
Old 05-16-2004, 02:26 PM

MattC is an unknown quantity at this point

i looped my ninja, went to the hospital, the next day was on a firends bike riding again. time is ur worst enemy after a wreck, u have too much time to think
Old 05-16-2004, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MattC
i looped my ninja, went to the hospital, the next day was on a firends bike riding again. time is ur worst enemy after a wreck, u have too much time to think
Amen
Old 05-17-2004, 03:24 AM

That's the part I hated most as I sat there in a cast for 4 months...then the bone stimulator for two months...then the friggin snow was here for 5 more. My mind is just playing tricks on me. I picked it up again yesterday after my post, about thirty times or so. Fear is still there, but I'll keep on practicing. Thanks for all the input guys. Crashing sucks, thank god for kevlar!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:09 AM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

time is ur worst enemy after a wreck, u have too much time to think
i agree u have to just go out the next time u ride and forget about what happened, it makes a good story to tell but as far as stunting just turn off every fear u have and just go for it.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:02 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by XTJesse
i agree u have to just go out the next time u ride and forget about what happened, it makes a good story to tell but as far as stunting just turn off every fear u have and just go for it.
it took me awhile to gain confidence again... i still dont go as high.. but thats only cause i dont have a scrap bar or cage..
after your 5th wreck you really just stop caring about pain or your bike.. and dont give a **** if you wreck..
i know i dont anymore.. i haven't tried anything too crazy yet since i've looped my bike.. cause i'm waiting on a cage.. but no one seems to make one for my bike..
but i know as soon as I get it.. i'll be busting out again.. from looping my bike.. i took it as.. "at least now i know my limit"