Brake pads for endoes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 06:10 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough
Brake pads for endoes

I need some new brake pads and i was thinking of going with the Double H pads instead of the regular ones. What is everyone else using for endoes... are the Double H's really that much better... Or are they worse for endoes?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:15 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Brake pads for endoes

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
I need some new brake pads and i was thinking of going with the Double H pads instead of the regular ones. What is everyone else using for endoes... are the Double H's really that much better... Or are they worse for endoes?

Double H's are way better than regulars or the stock ones. The double H's are good for the track as well as doing stoppies as both are really high temp activities....

Go get'em. They are also less likely to glaze....
Old 05-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

what are these double H's? I dont think ive heard of em?

Nick
Old 05-14-2004, 05:54 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FTPstunna
what are these double H's? I dont think ive heard of em?

Nick
they are REALLY REALLY nice and made for mostly track conditions. Trust me, they cost a bit more but are THAT much more what you are loking for. The next step is steel braided lines. But when you get them, MAKE SURE you don't get on it like you did when you didn't have them. You'll fly head over heels. I have messed with steel braided and it is VERY touchy. On my bike I don't have the steel but have the double h's and you'll def feel a difference when you are doing track stuff or working the rolling endos... It is actually a metal covering on the pads. Its sort of weird....But work awesome...

Great stuff....

check'em out
Old 05-14-2004, 08:25 AM
G97

G97 is an unknown quantity at this point

HH is only a friction coefficient rating or designation. It simply means that a pad designated or labeled as HH can achieve / generate a certain level of friction. It has nothing to do with the pad compound itself other than it is a rating of friction for the compound in question. In fact, all model year 01-04 Suzuki GSXR’s have OEM stock HH rated pads in them straight off the showroom floor.

There are several HH pads out there with several different compounds. One of the more common is “sintered metallic” which simply means that a metal material is in bedded within the pad material. Another is Carbon Metallic which incorporates more carbon and ceramic material. Both of these pads can be rated as HH. The key is that both will exhibit different braking characteristics such as initial bite, fade, and if they are linear or progressive in nature.

Steel lines help with eliminating a “soft lever” and can offer better feel and consistency. More critical is to get a good high boil temp brake fluid like Motul BRF600.

A good pad that I have found is VESRAH. They are an OEM supplier in addition their pads require little or no bed in time and you do not need to beed blast or clean your rotors befor using them. Some pads are made from materials that can act as a lubricant with other pads material residue left on your rotors.

Sorry for the long response but I am getting tired of a certain “know-it-all”.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

EFF HH pads, too much bite....run stock. stock is best....unless you are trying to best tyhe world record, run stock.

there are a few diff pads out there that ARE better for endoes, but HH are NOT...
Old 05-14-2004, 11:32 AM

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point

I need new pads also. I really want to go stock but they are damn expensive. I'm working on stoppies and dont want the HH bite, but I can get them a hell of a lot cheaper and they last longer. What else pads are out there that are good for stoppies and less expensive than honda stock.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:02 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
EFF HH pads, too much bite....run stock. stock is best....unless you are trying to best tyhe world record, run stock.

there are a few diff pads out there that ARE better for endoes, but HH are NOT...

See that's what I'm trying to figure out... Should I go with the Double H or just the regular pads... I don't want to go flipping an endo right out the box becuase they are grabbing 10 times more than my old pads were.

I bought 2 pairs of Double H for 40 bucks so its not a big loss if I don't use them.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
G97

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

Not all HH graded pads exhibit a hard initial bite. Most stock OEM pads are currently rated as HH on several, if not all newer sportbikes today. Simply stating that any HH pad has "too much bite" is simply not the case.

ALL 2001 AND UP GSXR'S COME STOCK WITH HH RATED PADS.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:06 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Brake pads for endoes

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
Should I go with the Double H or just the regular pads... I don't want to go flipping an endo right out the box becuase they are grabbing 10 times more than my old pads were........I bought 2 pairs of Double H for 40 bucks so its not a big loss if I don't use them.
Changing brake pads on your gix takes a half hour; double that if you've never done them before. You bought em already! Put the ****** on. You don't like em, replace them with stock.
I hope you were joking when you were saying that you were going to lift endos right out of the box! You have to go easy right out of the box breaking the pads in, and if after 50-100 miles of riding on them you haven't realized their capabilities no matter them H, HH or carbon/carbon then if you flip an endo it's not the pads fault.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

ALL 2001 AND UP GSXR'S COME STOCK WITH HH RATED PADS.[/QUOTE]

I see that 01 and up gsxr's come stock w/ HH rated pads. But i heard the stock pads on gsxr's sucked??? So, are these HH rated pads or whatever any good? ~nick
Old 05-17-2004, 08:30 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Go back stock. Stock are the best. Mine are metal to metal right now, because I'm trying to find some stock ones cheap, lol.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:21 PM
G97

I would not say that stock are the best. But they are a very good pad and are rated HH. Will work great for any street aplication, no prob.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:25 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Stock pads are best because they work well cold or hot race pads have to be hot and sometimes can damage stock rotors. If you've ever used race pads it's not like they don't work best when they are cold they work about 50% or less cold, and that sucks for street.Most of the time they won't last as long either. Back in the day when I had a Buell I learned the hard way about pads, If you like the way your bike feels now stay with the stock. If you don't like it read about compounds first, then decide if pads are really the problem more than likely they aren't.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:12 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, don't listen to teach, he's only one of the best guys here on this site.

i'm not rolling long endos but i'll tell you that anyone that is doesn't use ebc HH pads which is what you are probably talking about. I had them, they drag like crazy, take forever to heat up, and make noise going down the road.

I switched back to stock and my bike brakes so much better now, less resistance and it's way smoother. I'll never use HH again. The extra 10-15$ for stock was worth it.

I think SBS excel pads don't have near the drag that the ebc HH pads have and they don't cost as much as stock. I know of a couple guys that like them and are rolling some long endos. Maybe give them a shot.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:27 PM
G97

Originally Posted by KungFu954
I agree Stock pads are best because they work well cold or hot race pads have to be hot and sometimes can damage stock rotors. If you've ever used race pads it's not like they don't work best when they are cold they work about 50% or less cold, and that sucks for street.Most of the time they won't last as long either. Back in the day when I had a Buell I learned the hard way about pads, If you like the way your bike feels now stay with the stock. If you don't like it read about compounds first, then decide if pads are really the problem more than likely they aren't.

The only race pads I know of that have to be hot in order to work are made of Carbon compounds such as Galfer BR03, which is a GH rated pad. Yes, these are not recommended for any street aplication. But your average race sintered metalic pad will work in cold, wet, hot conditions just the same. Try Performance Friction or Vesrah RJL pad and you will never go back to OEM/stock again.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:37 PM

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my pads off and the stock were rated HH. I said alright I will get EBC HH cause they were cheap and rated the same. They suck. Suck Suck Suck. Way too touchy. I guess I will try to find some stock pads for cheap.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:28 PM

12inmygsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

i just ordered ferado pads but i blew my motor before the pads came in. Guess i have to wait another week to try them out.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:25 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

I heard the Ferodo pads are the best to run for endos, whats the truth on that or is stock better than them also????
Old 05-30-2004, 04:57 PM

12inmygsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard they were good for endos too. that's why i ordered them. bike will be back together tuesday I'll let you know how they are

Quick Reply: Brake pads for endoes