Brake pads for endoes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough
Re: Brake pads for endoes

Originally Posted by ROB OUTERMOST
Yeah i have Performance Friction pads and they are bad ***. i doubled the length of my stoppies when i put them on. I also put steel braided lines to.

Yeah but which ones...

...I just checked their site and for bikes they have the compounds described as follows...

80 compound: This compound is a favorite for the short track dirt and asphalt racers. It is the lowest torque race compound in PFC's arsenal. It is also used as a rear pad to reduce lock up. This compound has won in venues such as Winton Cup at Martinsville, VA to sportscar's at 24hrs of Daytona.

90 compound: This new generation compound has been a favorite of race driving schools because of it's modulation characteristics. This compound is used exclusively by race schools such as Bob Bondourant, Derek Daly , and Jim Russell because of is forgiving nature and teaches braking finesse. Very easy on the discs, slightly higher bite than 83 compound with less torque rise. Highly recommended as a general purpose pad for all venues

93 compound: This new generation compound has the highest bite, highest average torque of all PFC compounds. Easy on the discs with long wear. This compound is a favorite of CART, ALMS, Grand Am, Japan GT, and Winston Cup. Requires finesse so as to no over slow the car, or overwhelm the car's setup. When it comes to ultimate performance, this the pad choice of champions

95 Compound: 95 is the newest Carbon Metallic® competition material and has the highest friction of all the PFC competition compounds. Developed after 90 compound, 95 compound is designed to offer excellent friction on both cast and stainless steel rotors. 95 comes on quicker, has a flatter torque curve, offers better initial bite and is considered to be an excellent replacement for 90. 95 has been used with great success by top ten teams and overall Champions in AMA Superbike, at the Daytona 200, FIM World Endurance, FIM World Superbike, Suzuka 8-hours and WERA Heavyweight.

99 compound: Newest, most advance compound, this compound has won in CART Champ Cars, and the 24hrs of Daytona. Very high bite, very high torque, with enhanced release. Improved modulation thought out it's range with a flat torque curve. Very easy on the discs, with very long wear. Favorite for street circuits were the track conditions call for very high bite, with enhanced release.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:31 PM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve

Hey Teach, got a good place to get some OEM replacement pads online?
Old 06-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

negative....parts unlimited maybe..i just use my employee discount at the honda shop!!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:39 PM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve

Thanks anyhow, I have a dealer account through bikebandit.com, but they only carry the EBC pads.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Outermost Moderator

ROB OUTERMOST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
Yeah but which ones...

...I just checked their site and for bikes they have the compounds described as follows...

80 compound: This compound is a favorite for the short track dirt and asphalt racers. It is the lowest torque race compound in PFC's arsenal. It is also used as a rear pad to reduce lock up. This compound has won in venues such as Winton Cup at Martinsville, VA to sportscar's at 24hrs of Daytona.

90 compound: This new generation compound has been a favorite of race driving schools because of it's modulation characteristics. This compound is used exclusively by race schools such as Bob Bondourant, Derek Daly , and Jim Russell because of is forgiving nature and teaches braking finesse. Very easy on the discs, slightly higher bite than 83 compound with less torque rise. Highly recommended as a general purpose pad for all venues

93 compound: This new generation compound has the highest bite, highest average torque of all PFC compounds. Easy on the discs with long wear. This compound is a favorite of CART, ALMS, Grand Am, Japan GT, and Winston Cup. Requires finesse so as to no over slow the car, or overwhelm the car's setup. When it comes to ultimate performance, this the pad choice of champions

95 Compound: 95 is the newest Carbon Metallic® competition material and has the highest friction of all the PFC competition compounds. Developed after 90 compound, 95 compound is designed to offer excellent friction on both cast and stainless steel rotors. 95 comes on quicker, has a flatter torque curve, offers better initial bite and is considered to be an excellent replacement for 90. 95 has been used with great success by top ten teams and overall Champions in AMA Superbike, at the Daytona 200, FIM World Endurance, FIM World Superbike, Suzuka 8-hours and WERA Heavyweight.

99 compound: Newest, most advance compound, this compound has won in CART Champ Cars, and the 24hrs of Daytona. Very high bite, very high torque, with enhanced release. Improved modulation thought out it's range with a flat torque curve. Very easy on the discs, with very long wear. Favorite for street circuits were the track conditions call for very high bite, with enhanced release.
im not sure which ones i have. my friend worked on a race team and he ordered them for me. but i would guess a 90 or a 93 compound. whatever ones they are they are bad ***. i have had them on for like 2 years and they are barely getting close to end now.