Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 01:25 AM

KawZX6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?

I have been trying to do a wheelie on my 7R but i cant get it up, im trying to bounce it up.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?

dont be scurred .......throw more throttle and pop dat thing like its ur 1st girlfriend...dont expect to bring it to a bp ur 1st time or u gonna end up like my boy who looped his '03 R1 tryin to 12 it after i told him just F**k with the throttle and feel the bike out. i was timid myself at 1st it freakin scary when that thing launches in the air....just keep playin with the gas/clutch combo each time revvin it a bit higher u'll see

PS how to upload different AVATARS????
Old 05-13-2004, 01:42 AM

Re: Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?

I have been trying, just seems like it dont want to go up, what rpm should i go to when bounceing it?
Old 05-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Regular StuntLifer

i would go about 15mph pull in the clutch and revv rpms to like 7 or 8 then dump the clutch....it worked for my r6 and those bikes a hard to pick up they are upredictable
and yo how u upload avatars ??????????????????? tryin to iggg my question
Old 05-13-2004, 01:52 AM

go to quick links right under where it says welcome (your name) right top mid corner. I didnt see ur ? man sorry
Old 05-13-2004, 02:14 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KawZX6
I have been trying, just seems like it dont want to go up, what rpm should i go to when bounceing it?

All I am going to say is this.

I have seen it done with a guy that rides with us back home in Cali. He has a ZX7 and believe me, it can do it. PERIOD. The ZX7s can handle like rails on the track but are VERY heavy so deal with that side of it...

I can't tell you what exact RPM as every bike is different and everyone has different riding styles. There is nothing you can do but get it higher in the RPMS. Just ****** do it. It also has to do with technique and your timing or something is off. That is something no one can explain. You just have to practice....

I think I have some pictures of the ZX7 doing a wheelie. He can bounce it as well as clutch it...

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan10656 copy.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	79044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan10648 copy.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	79045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan10657 copy.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	79047  
Old 05-13-2004, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by NYCr6Nukka
i would go about 15mph pull in the clutch and revv rpms to like 7 or 8 then dump the clutch....it worked for my r6 and those bikes a hard to pick up they are upredictable
and yo how u upload avatars ??????????????????? tryin to iggg my question
sorry but no where near a ZX6... And huh? Bro R6's are EASY AS HELL to bring up. I mean easy. The only thing hard about them is trying to find balancing point man....

have fun with it... we all do...
Old 05-13-2004, 02:24 AM

Thanks and yeah i know i need to practice more, and people always say to change the sprocket and all but im not sure what to get if i did change any of that stuff
Old 05-13-2004, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by NYCr6Nukka
PS how to upload different AVATARS????

this is easy too. Go above to user cp.

Then look all the way to the left. The top will say control panel.Look your eyes down say 4 spots and you'll see edit avatar.... then do it...

Its easy man.... Learn the site. Start fukin with stuff and search around... learn your way around this place we call home... It has alot of options. Esp when you are a contributor, lots of extras. ...
Old 05-13-2004, 02:28 AM

Thanks and yeah i know i need to practice more, and people always say to change the sprocket and all but im not sure what to get if i did change any of that stuff

Unless you plan on doing slow stuff, I wouldn't go more than down one in the front. But this guy here is all stock besides and exhaust so it can be done....
Old 05-13-2004, 02:35 AM

thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 02:48 AM

thanks

no problem.. Just keep askin away....

But most won't say **** as they don't know anyway but 1 tooth down in the front = 2.8 teeth in the rear...

so wihtout being so technical, 1 tooth in the front = 3+ in the rear....

If you go more than 1 in front then you wear your chain the **** out. as well as the sprocket as it is too much torque and it doesn't matter as you are doing only slow stuff. When you beat it at high speeds and work it it tears chain and sprockets up....

Hell, my sprockets are a month and a half old and I need a new set....
Old 05-13-2004, 05:57 AM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same bike... w/ stock gearing clutch the **** out of first, go slow and try little by little at first, you'll get the hang of it.

After a while maybe change your gearing a bit. I recently went to a +14 in the rear and now this thing will throttle wheelie in first(no bounce, just all throttle) It's fun.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:02 AM

Thomcat8677 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just bought a 7R, and i guy i know was tellin me all about how he used to have one, and wheelie the **** out of it. he said he could 3rd gear clutch it all day long. hes got a movie of him wreckin the bike in a 3rd gear standup, i wanna see it, and ill try to upload it or somethin, if i can. i was worried about the same thing, but he said it definately can be done. im thinkin about tryin it this weekend.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:21 AM

Well i got an 01 7R and all thats on it for performance is a slipon and i have just tried bouncing it havent tried the clutch yet, i dont really want to mess up my clutch and i know it will get screwed trying to do wheelies you know
Old 05-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Talking Re: Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?

Originally Posted by bikerboy
sorry but no where near a ZX6... And huh? Bro R6's are EASY AS HELL to bring up. I mean easy. The only thing hard about them is trying to find balancing point man....

have fun with it... we all do...

i dont know but i tried my boys f4i dat thing goes up smooth... my sh*t i feel like the engine is gonna blow up.. i think dats because i gutted my MIG pipe too so im loosin low end power...and yea this site is off the hook i love it...
Old 05-13-2004, 12:46 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

I started off on a ZX-7R.... But then I decided to uprade to a GSXR 750. Best choice I ever made.

But iof you're gonna try stunting a ZX7... You should drop a tooth in the front and add about 3 in the back to start off... It'll be much easier like that. Be careful though.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:51 PM

Well im just wanting to do wheelies thats it i dont want to lose top speed or anytihng like that, so i dont want to change the sprockets to much just enuff you know,but if its possible to wheelie on it just stock im all for it just need to figure out how to do it you know
Old 05-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point

Man some of this **** isn't true. You can bring that bike up, just gotta get ballsy. No person can tell you how to bring your bike up, every rider is different. Some general pointers though, if you are comfortable bouncing, try slipping the clutch a little at the same time. It will take a little getting used to, but it will help quite a bit. You don't need to go down unless you just want to. And if you decided to change sprockets, go as big in the back as you can before having to change chains, it's a little easier on your crank. If done right it won't tear up your chain. If you use the clutch don't be worried about what RPM's you are at, either use your ear or just experiment because concentrating on the RPM's is just going to screw you up. just keep practicing and don't ride outside of your comfort level, that's when things go wrong.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by thewibb
Man some of this **** isn't true. You can bring that bike up, just gotta get ballsy. No person can tell you how to bring your bike up, every rider is different. Some general pointers though, if you are comfortable bouncing, try slipping the clutch a little at the same time. It will take a little getting used to, but it will help quite a bit. You don't need to go down unless you just want to. And if you decided to change sprockets, go as big in the back as you can before having to change chains, it's a little easier on your crank. If done right it won't tear up your chain. If you use the clutch don't be worried about what RPM's you are at, either use your ear or just experiment because concentrating on the RPM's is just going to screw you up. just keep practicing and don't ride outside of your comfort level, that's when things go wrong.

right on bro. Right on. That's if he decides to do it though. He was talking about not wanting to lose upper end speed. So its going to be a little harder but can be done as we already know.

Quick Reply: Cant wheelie on my ZX7R, wont come up?