Christs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:19 AM

Banzaibany is an unknown quantity at this point
Christs?

Hi

I got a question that i would like to ask you Guys and Girls out there. I want to learn Christs but i cant jump on the Seat/Tank No Problems with standing on the Pegs and let it Roll, but when it comes to jump of the Pegs i cant go for it.
What will be the easiest Way to learn them? Get really slow on the Tank/Seat with your hands on the Tank? Or just jumping from the Pegs on it?

Any Help would be great
Old 05-02-2004, 12:21 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Christs?

i cant do them b/c my bike turns off to the right when i let go of the bars but grab on the the plastic/metal that holds your mirrors and windscreen on for more stability and just step up there one foot at a time or just keep your hands on the bars and do it
Old 05-02-2004, 08:37 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

it takes practice LOTS OF PRACTICE to be able to just jump onto the tank or the seat
you should at first try to slowly one foot at a time get onto the tank or seat with your hands on the handlebars and then slowly let go of the bars, after you get used to that then try holding onto the handlebars and jumping onto the seat or tank and then letting go of the bars, and finally after you feel comfortable doing it, try letting off the handlebars and then stand up on the pegs and then jump onto the tank hope this helps as i am still working on mine as well good luck and be safe
oh and remeber to do all this goin between 25-45 mph you might be able to do it at 50 and 55 too but be carefull if you try it at those speeds because you have a greater chance of flying off the bike...
Old 05-02-2004, 08:39 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

oops forgot to say that i go about 45 then i turn on the choke and let it idle to go that speed then i do the Christ
Old 05-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

It's way easier to stand on the seat than it is to stand on the tank so you might want to try that first. Once you get up, kinda lean forward just in case you lose your balance. This way, you can drop back down to the seat quickly.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:52 AM

Thanks Guys. I will try this the next days when the Weather turns out nice.

Bany
Old 05-03-2004, 07:52 AM

good luck and tell us how it goes...
Old 05-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

When learning would it be easier to have one foot on the tank and the other on the seat like your surfing? I would think since you have a bigger base that it might be easier to learn, instead of trying to put both feet on the seat. I dont know for sure though because I've never done it, I'm in the process of getting enough ***** to stand up once I got my feet up there.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:27 AM

2 block shakur is an unknown quantity at this point

When i learned them i was on a Bandit 600 shift to third and pull the choke then dont really take your time standing up just do it if you take your time you wobble thats what i did and one day there were alot of people and i was like i have to do it so i just stood straight up and have done them great ever since we got one for the credits of a dvd i did it for 2 miles. It easy DO IT.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

screw the choke.. just turn up your idle. on our bikes banzailbany our idle **** is just under the tank on the left side. Turn it up and coast for miles doin christ's/skitching etc..

it makes road trips awesome, just cause of cruise control. I sit on the back seat and just coast down the highway..
Old 05-03-2004, 04:01 PM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PavementEater
screw the choke.. just turn up your idle. on our bikes banzailbany our idle **** is just under the tank on the left side. Turn it up and coast for miles doin christ's/skitching etc..

it makes road trips awesome, just cause of cruise control. I sit on the back seat and just coast down the highway..
hmm...I always wondered what that **** was for lol
Old 05-03-2004, 04:07 PM

WrecklessR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a little add in.. the easiest way for me to do it was get going at a good speed, i click in neutral on my R6.. I put both hands on my tank and jump up to the seat, then stand up fast.. It seems to me like previously posted that if you stand up slow, you seem to feel more unbalanced.. Just do it and practice!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by PavementEater

Hey Thanks Bro, that sounds amazing. I have to try this 4 Sho. How far do you have to turn the ****?

Thanks Bany
Old 05-04-2004, 07:52 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Banzaibany
Hey Thanks Bro, that sounds amazing. I have to try this 4 Sho. How far do you have to turn the ****?

Thanks Bany
all it does is turn up your idle. just throw the bike in neutral and watch your RPM's go up. I usually put it at around 4,000 when i wanna cruise at like 40 mph. Just gotta play with it.

but this comes in handy when doing no handers. You gotta turn up your idle. :YEAH

~J