any one with an f3

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 10:18 PM

Goobster is an unknown quantity at this point
any one with an f3

ok guys i have a 97 f3 and i cant get the front up.. i have tried the hole get to out 8g's and let off then back on and it just wont come up maybe im not getting on it enough or what ... i have stock prockets and stock exhaust which im changing here soon so i know that will help but untill then any ideas ... i have read about gixxers and ninja from other posts but no one (that i know ) can give me advice on an f3
Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 PM

p0per is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: any one with an f3

i also ride an f3, its a 1998 with stock gearing and and pipe. I can pull it up in first with no clutch, and with clutch, and in second with bounce/clutch.
In first at around 5000 rpm just pull in the clutch a lil with one finger, rev it and let the clutch go, it should come up.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:41 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough

i have an f3 with two brothers pipe. pipe doesn't matter though. you can wheelie anything with a clutch. if you cluth it it will come up. 2nd gear two, just pull up on the bars a little bit.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:50 AM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

pull and tug........first gear should come up without too much effort.....second gear you have to work a little but it is possible
Old 04-19-2004, 10:44 AM

thanks guys i guess i need to just get out there and do it more then once or twice a night on the way home
Old 04-19-2004, 12:06 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

im rockin a 97 f3 as well... first comes up no problem... if youre still too uneasy to use the clutch, just sit back in the seat a little, get goin at about 5k rpms, and just nail it and pull back a little on the bars. comes right up. clutching, rev to about 9k and drop it. second gear, sit back a little and drop the clutch at about 12k. comes right up. stock gears
Old 04-19-2004, 01:24 PM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a f3 with -1,+3 gearing,pipe, jets, and advancer. im still working on getting it up. i dont want to use the clutch. i would rather learn how to bounce and power it up first
Old 04-19-2004, 04:14 PM

tequilagb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rookie96F3
i got a f3 with -1,+3 gearing,pipe, jets, and advancer. im still working on getting it up. i dont want to use the clutch. i would rather learn how to bounce and power it up first
Holy... I'm about to change my sprockets on my F3 this weekend to -1 +2 and I was hoping it would make a huge difference. I can't power my 98 F3 up, but I can clutch it up in first. Second is tough. I get going in first... just roll about 5mph, then give it full throttle, and almost at the same time, pull in the clutch about half way with just your two fingers and let it out, while still holding full throttle. It should jump up fast... so cover the brake! :YEAH
Old 04-19-2004, 04:30 PM

palladin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i have a 97 F3 and it is kinda hard to get it up at first but you have to develop almost a formula for your technique.

what i did that worked for me was taking it to like 6,000 in first by accelerating at like 1/2 throttle then i would bounce the front end by closing and opening the throttle. this was like i was trying to get the front end up but it wouldnt, it just loads the front suspension to get the compressed to help the fat F3 get the wheel in the air. and as the front end is on its way back up i would close it hard again and open it. this should bring the front of the ground and you need to stay on the throttle until it gets higher.

timing is everything and actually getting the wheel off the ground is something that no amount of reading or typing will get you to do. you need to get out there and rock the bike.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:49 PM

e-roc is an unknown quantity at this point

I could wheelie with stock gearing, but I have since went to -1+5. You just have to open it up real real quick, get off the throttle , then slam it back on when your shifting your weight back. Another little trick is to get on the front brakes just a little to help shift the weight of the bike more forward and to compress the forks a little more. Then let off the brakes, wack the throttle back open and shift your weight back all at the same time. It seems like a lot but its all in the timing. This technique also makes it easier for me to power it up in 2nd. Hope I helped.

Eric
Old 04-19-2004, 06:25 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

whoa whoa whoa...i can get my 93 f2 up power in first and bounce power in second and clutch bounce in third and i have -1 +2, two brothers can, and a K & N, its all in how much you practice and how little you care about your bike i suppose...but getting it up isnt hard at all
Old 04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

word f3 stunter right here. just gotta learn how to wheelie it. i always clutch my **** and you just gotta be smooth with the gas and clutch. i have 12'ed my **** stock, so i know you can get that thing up. just practice, when i started i didn't know how to do a wheelie either.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:47 PM

rce2win is an unknown quantity at this point

The F3 does seem to go up hard, but i'm with everyone else here: 1st gear, hard throttle, off it, and right back on hard again should pull it up. Pulling back on the bars a little helps too, shifts your weight to the back. That and a lot of practice should get your headlight facing up.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:40 PM

i learned stand ups in 3 days with an hour or two a day just practicing...find a fairly long parking lot and just give it your all until you start to understand it more fully

EDIT: How did you mount your taillight rce2win without the rear fairing like that?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I Love To Post!

the tail fairings come right off, the taillight isnt connected....
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 PM

N*A*M is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm in the market for another bike and i've been looking at the f3s

must say that naked f3 looks dope
Old 04-19-2004, 08:25 PM

i know they come off...i was looking for a reason to take mine off but cant figure out how to mount the taillight
Old 04-20-2004, 11:44 AM

again thanks guys this helps out alot now i know where to being so its off to the wild blue younder* walks out door*
Old 04-20-2004, 12:49 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by flip3587
i know they come off...i was looking for a reason to take mine off but cant figure out how to mount the taillight
i meant, they come off without having to remount the taillight... the taillight bracket bolts right onto the subframe. maybe f2s are different
Old 04-20-2004, 07:05 PM

rce2win is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by N*A*M
i'm in the market for another bike and i've been looking at the f3s

must say that naked f3 looks dope
She's not naked anymore, that was taken when i did the oil change and spark plugs. She's all put back together now. Only difference is i painted the front fender and inspection covers gloss black. I think it looks MUCH better now. Will get some pics this weekend if it doesn't rain.