any one with an f3

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:14 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: any one with an f3

took me 3 tries and i was doing no throttle handers on that f3 in the pics up there. anyone that says f3's don't work for stunting is lying. i ride a 929 and i jumped on an f3 and in less than 5 minutes i'm rocking the same stuff? put the idle at 3k rpms and i was rocking it balanced no problem. clutches up fine, doens't feel heavy, works great.

and you just listen to the motor, only time i look at the tach is when i'm doing long highway wheelies, i double check to see where my rpms are cause i don't want to be too high in them, but mostly you can just hear it and estimate pretty close to how high the rpms are.

oh, and on that note, anyone that says tug up on the bars is a moron. NEVER pull up on the bars when you try a wheelie.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:23 PM

rOMeo is an unknown quantity at this point

All I have to say is there the **** check it out www.teamoutermost.com
Old 05-20-2004, 03:34 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aNskY
those pics.. 1st gear.. prolly doing ~15 mph... i try to keep it as slow as possible... i still suck though.. i need to get smoother with the throttle and use my rear brake more.. but at least i am getting it to bp now.. and i know what i need to work on, so i think i will get good quick if i actually practice.. havent been doing much stuntin lately, mostly twisties... the guys i ride with around here all have either brand new bikes or new paint jobs that they dont wanna fukk up. i need to find some stunna to rock with so i can get good. also going -1+3 as soon as i can afford it
Your not rocking a cage or anything huh ansky? My bike has been salvaged so the plastics aren't the best as is. Its a rattle can paint job and most of the plastics don't meet up right but still I don't want to drop it straight off. I put some sliders on it and I was thinking about building a cage. All i want do do right now is first gear or second gear wheelies. I'm not interested in doing anything else at the moment so I'm trying to decide if its worth building a cage or not when all i wanna learn is basic wheelies...
Old 05-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

nope no cage, only because im broke as fock!

1st thing i gotta get is a new front tire... then a jacket... then gears/chain and a cage.. we'll see though, im losing my job that i JUST started so unless i get another one real quick im not gonna have any loot for a while
Old 05-21-2004, 01:39 AM

I hear ya, i'm always poor! I got a question for you guys, I just had the forks rebuilt on my f3. I didn't do it myself cause I just wanted to get out and ride and I didn't want to take the time to do it since i hadn't done em before. Well now i'm starting to learn to wheelie the f3 and i'm all freaked i'm gonna blow them out again. I'm trying to give it full throttle when it starts to come down so i can soften the blow but since i'm just learning sometimes they come down hard. I don't have the dough to get them rebuilt again if they do blow. So... should I lay off the wheelies till i'm financially secure (haha) or do you think they will hold up and I should just quit worrying about them?

Jon
Old 05-21-2004, 09:45 AM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

my **** has almost 14000 miles, and ive been wheelying for 8000 of those miles, no fork problems... or any problems for that matter
Old 05-21-2004, 10:29 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

coming down hard on fork seals doesn't blow them, unless you're dan jackson jumping a 30 foot gap on a streetbike.

Fork seals blow because dirt gets up into the fork seal causing it not to make a good seal with the fork, then when you put pressure on them, it squeezes out oil. As long as you keep the forks clean you should be fine. Naturally they are going to wear out no matter what, dirt is what causes it. Now, normally it's not a big deal, but when you compress a fork, the fluid is under pressure, so if there isn't a good seal, that will allow oil to come out. I got 17k miles out of my stock seals, but i never cleaned my bike and destroyed my forks so i had to buy new ones.....so far they are good.

if you also worry about them bottoming, this will make your bike ride super hard, but turn the preload tighter (the bigger nut on the top of the fork). That will stiffen the spring to help with it landing hard, but again, it'll make your bike ride really rough. Also, you can turn that little screw clockwise to increase damping which makes it ride stiffer also. I have mine cranked down to help from bottoming, but it rides super hard.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:47 PM

Alright cool. I had heard the fork seals can blow from wheelies and the rear shock can blow from stoppies but I must be misinformed. I'm glad to hear that i just need to keep them clean... now i can go practice! :YEAH