any one with an f3

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:42 PM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: any one with an f3

The F3 will bounce up....BUT DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT TELLS YOU TO BOUNCE IT UP. Learn it right the first time and clutch it up. It is more consistant and you have more control. Bouncing is for people that are scared....If you are scared, you don't need to be doing wheelies.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:32 AM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point

if you say clutch it then say how we should go about it in second gear. i know i let my buddy ride mine adn he got it to stand right up in 2nd on power going up a hill.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:28 AM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBR up on one
The F3 will bounce up....BUT DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT TELLS YOU TO BOUNCE IT UP. Learn it right the first time and clutch it up. It is more consistant and you have more control. Bouncing is for people that are scared....If you are scared, you don't need to be doing wheelies.

its more controlled if you know how to bounce it up...use the shocks to your advantage...fear has nothing to do with bouncing a wheelie...i would rather it come up from a bounce than to just jerk me back on the clutch...it comes up from the preload every time nice and smooth
Old 04-21-2004, 12:59 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

2nd gear... sit back a little bit in your seat. get goin to like 4k, clutch it at about 9k the first time. that probably wont get you up, but youll get the feel for it. rev higher until it comes up
Old 04-21-2004, 01:14 PM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flip3587
its more controlled if you know how to bounce it up...use the shocks to your advantage...fear has nothing to do with bouncing a wheelie...i would rather it come up from a bounce than to just jerk me back on the clutch...it comes up from the preload every time nice and smooth
That's exactly why EVERYBODY clutches up slow wheelies....good thinking.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:37 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by flip3587
its more controlled if you know how to bounce it up..
I used to think that too. Thats why my wheelies were crap.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:02 PM
FIG

FIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: any one with an f3

I too am rockin' a 98 F3 w/really no problems what so ever. Pop it in 1st for some controlled 20-40 mph stuff & pop it in 2nd for some highway ridin' (everything switch foot too, stand it right up). However I am lookin for a bigger sprocket (like 10 up or something), where can i get one, a 12 bar too. lem-me know

Mike F. IL
Old 04-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

i make 12 bars. i just blew the damned starter solinoid on mine and i got a new one order though. bouncing is for ****. clutch that **** up. no real stunter bounces anything up.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:09 PM
FIG

FIG is an unknown quantity at this point

tenny, you make them for F3's? how much $? sprocket?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:26 AM

e-roc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Tenny, I need a cage!! Haven't seen you on AIM. Hit me up or give me a call on my cell 469-767-6023.

Eric
Old 04-22-2004, 11:57 PM

FtPsTr is an unknown quantity at this point

gotta 97 f3 and just started ridin like 3 wks ago...so ive been bouncin my **** up and it feels uneasy...ya'll say clutch it up at 9 in 1st....just dump the clutch at 9....seems kinda scary...geuss i gotta get out there and try it and quit bein a *****...pavemnt just seems like it'll hurt...
Old 04-23-2004, 12:16 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i clutch it up in second without bouncing i get really unstable like im about to fall off it makes it easier b/c it comes up real smooth and back down...and i still have to tug on the bars sitting down in second on the f2 unless i hook up really good just dont make the power of some bikes hehe
Old 04-25-2004, 09:00 PM

Goobster is an unknown quantity at this point

i scared myself wasnt paying attention and pulled the clutch in at about 8000 in 2nd and it came right up and scared the **** out of me cause i wasnt ready for it but it works so hey but im still getting 1down and 2 up sprockets so hey ill get video of it one day *smile*
Old 05-19-2004, 01:49 AM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my F3 out on the road and was trying some wheelies on the way home tonight. I gotta ask, do you guys actually pay attention to your rpm's once you learned? Or do you just give rpm's for newbies and listen to the sound now. Reason I ask is my tach is screwed up so I have just been reving it and listening to the engine then dropping it in first. I can get it up no problem, just having trouble riding it out. Do you guys usually sit or do ya put your left foot on the passenger peg? How fast are you rolling in first when ya do it? Have you had much problems with the stock clutches going out/slipping on ya?

Jon
Old 05-19-2004, 05:46 PM

Stunt Jester 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a F3, wheelie like a champ, it weight a little more since the steel frame, but when its in balance point its gold.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:55 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by JonnyGSXR
I just got my F3 out on the road and was trying some wheelies on the way home tonight. I gotta ask, do you guys actually pay attention to your rpm's once you learned? Or do you just give rpm's for newbies and listen to the sound now. Reason I ask is my tach is screwed up so I have just been reving it and listening to the engine then dropping it in first. I can get it up no problem, just having trouble riding it out. Do you guys usually sit or do ya put your left foot on the passenger peg? How fast are you rolling in first when ya do it? Have you had much problems with the stock clutches going out/slipping on ya?

Jon

i never look at my tach
Old 05-19-2004, 05:58 PM

binder ridin my f3, 1 down 3 up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	79900   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	79901  
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM
I Love To Post!

me, stock gears
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ansky3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	79902   Click image for larger version

Name:	ansky5.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	79903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ansky7.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	79904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ansky8.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	79905  
Old 05-19-2004, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by aNskY
me, stock gears
nice, jeff was rockin the at like 2 mph. i stunt my R6 with stock gear, the only think gear down will help is if you want to do slow ****, if your just want to do highway ****, just learn to clutch that bitch up.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I Love To Post!

those pics.. 1st gear.. prolly doing ~15 mph... i try to keep it as slow as possible... i still suck though.. i need to get smoother with the throttle and use my rear brake more.. but at least i am getting it to bp now.. and i know what i need to work on, so i think i will get good quick if i actually practice.. havent been doing much stuntin lately, mostly twisties... the guys i ride with around here all have either brand new bikes or new paint jobs that they dont wanna fukk up. i need to find some stunna to rock with so i can get good. also going -1+3 as soon as i can afford it