lowering my psi makes me wobble in slow wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:41 AM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
lowering my psi makes me wobble in slow wheelies

Well been practicing w/ the slow wheelies....... i felt like i was making progress today........ i've been practicing w/ 28psi so today i dropped it to 20psi....... and whenever i clutch it up now its all sluggish and i have to hit the thorttle when im up in the air the second time and it jerks hard and when i come down im coming way too crooked........ almost crashed side ways twice today... what do i gotta adjust when i lower the psi??? clutch harder?
Old 04-04-2004, 02:39 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: lowering my psi makes me wobble in slow wheelies

Try dropping the tire pressure to about 15psi. Also try to be smooth on the throttle.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:46 AM

well still practicing but holding back until i get my cage
here's some night shot .... this is when im applying the rear brake..... thats the height i usually play around w/ ........ i feel like i can go higher and i know i can but i dont wanna touch the exhuast........ some reason my exhaust sticks out alot.... i think im gonna cut it just enough so i can scrape w/out touching the exhaust... any constructive criticizm please?

oh yeah and im running 30psi in these pics..... when i dropped it to 20psi i couldnt wheelie for ****..... ill try and be smoother and clutch it up harder but i just want a explanation for why my wheelies are so jerky when i lower the psi.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Cut that can down!!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 01:48 PM

Is your left foot on the passenger peg? I had problems with wobbles whenever I got it up to the balance point. Moving my left foot back (along with low tire pressure) fixed that.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:38 PM

yeah sorry my pics are all grainy.... but i am practicing left foot on rear peg and right foot on rear brake.......im considering practciing foot in the trunk but that feels so weird..... any recommendations???
Old 04-05-2004, 06:51 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point

when you bring it up, are you on the brake before the tire comes off the ground, or after the tire is off the ground, then you get on the brake??
Old 04-05-2004, 07:43 PM

when i clutch it up i am not on the brake...... the second time i get on the throttle while in the air im riding the brake..... not sure if its the right way but definitly helps me control the throttle more.easily.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:50 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point

Just try this and see if it works for you...try getting on the brake before you clutch it up. not a lot, but just enough so that it doesnt slam up. thats what I was trying before I ate **** and haven't been able to ride for 4 months! Let me know what you think is easier and I will try it when Im better...Im kinda in the same boat as you with the slow wheelies..oh yea...drop tire pressure!! Too high of psi seems to be assosciated with wobble. later!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sclevela
u suk..........thats it thats all!
k thats something i wanna hear
just gonna make me try harder to proove u wrong FUKAAAAAAAA
Old 04-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

cut your can down. that **** made me wreck last weekend, and i wrecked hard.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:57 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

if you wernt having any problem around 28ish just leave it at that and dont worry about droping it
Old 04-05-2004, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by wangsta6
if you wernt having any problem around 28ish just leave it at that and dont worry about droping it
Slow wheelies are hard as hell to balance with high tire pressure
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 AM

bobbo929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4rider
Try dropping the tire pressure to about 15psi. Also try to be smooth on the throttle.
Do this and you should be alright. But don't go below 15psi or the sidewalls will breakdown
Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you aren't having problems with the higher pressure then there is NO reason for you to lower your pressure...
Old 04-06-2004, 02:56 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, if you do fine with it up, keep it up. dropping your pressure to 20 shouldn't cause the tire to flex. i dont notice mine flex until it's down to 10psi. i usually keep mine 18psi.

also, throttle is directly related to side to side wobble. if you are on and off the throttle or twitchy with it, the bike wobble like crazy. i had that problem when i started, and it got worse when i got gearing, but now that i'm used to my gearing, i almost never use throttle. just rocking the idle to keep me going and it's side to side stable. just takes time getting smooth on that throttle....very small corrections.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
ya, if you do fine with it up, keep it up. dropping your pressure to 20 shouldn't cause the tire to flex. i dont notice mine flex until it's down to 10psi. i usually keep mine 18psi.

also, throttle is directly related to side to side wobble. if you are on and off the throttle or twitchy with it, the bike wobble like crazy. i had that problem when i started, and it got worse when i got gearing, but now that i'm used to my gearing, i almost never use throttle. just rocking the idle to keep me going and it's side to side stable. just takes time getting smooth on that throttle....very small corrections.
okay i think its cause i lowered the psi the tire pressure got sluggish there for the normal amount i was accustomed to clutching to isnt enough anymore???
Ill try clutching it up w/ a lil more power tonite and see how it goes. cause i know eventually ill have to drop some psi.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:00 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by a56kuser
cause i know eventually ill have to drop some psi.
not really.. if you stick at like 25psi you can use that for everything

Quick Reply: lowering my psi makes me wobble in slow wheelies