Wheelie wheelie...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:05 PM

Graffiti is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelie wheelie...

Alright so I was bored tonight, so I decided to go out on this back road behind my place to go for a rip. So all was fun and I was bored so I decided to get some ***** and try to wheelie. Well, I try the cluth way rev to 7-8G then let go, I know I got the wheel up once for sure, but the other times just seems like the front forks are expanding....and bike isn't going up. Well it ws a bit wet out and felt like back tire was slippin a bit too. So I'll try again tommorrow morning.

Anyways, bike doesn't want to keep going up, how do i get the wheel to keep going up?

I'm on a f4i.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:14 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wheelie wheelie...

Originally Posted by Graffiti
Alright so I was bored tonight, so I decided to go out on this back road behind my place to go for a rip. So all was fun and I was bored so I decided to get some ***** and try to wheelie. Well, I try the cluth way rev to 7-8G then let go, I know I got the wheel up once for sure, but the other times just seems like the front forks are expanding....and bike isn't going up. Well it ws a bit wet out and felt like back tire was slippin a bit too. So I'll try again tommorrow morning.

Anyways, bike doesn't want to keep going up, how do i get the wheel to keep going up?

I'm on a f4i.
well first off i hope your doing it in 2nd gear...... secondly you cant just keep it at a steady 7-8k and just pop the clutch.... .dont work that way...
you need to whack dat bad boy open......
when my bike was complete stock id go 2nd gear 40mph keeping the throttle steady..... pull in the clutch ( still keeping the throttle steady) and give it a good whack close to WOT and as im in the middle of giving that good whack i let go the clutch and even after i let go the clutch im still giving more gas...... all this is done in a split second....... and have some friends around when you ride just in case the inevitable happens.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by a56kuser
well first off i hope your doing it in 2nd gear...... secondly you cant just keep it at a steady 7-8k and just pop the clutch.... .dont work that way...
when my bike was complete stock id go 2nd gear 40mph keeping the throttle steady..... pull in the clutch ( still keeping the throttle steady) and give it a good whack close to WOT and as im in the middle of giving that good whack i let go the clutch and even after i let go the clutch im still giving more gas...... all this is done in a split second....... and have some friends around when you ride just in case the inevitable happens.

well i was in second gear, and whats WOT? I'll go out tommorrow and practice some more, hopefully I can get it up good. I just went out quick for like 10 min.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:18 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

WOT= Wide Open Throttle
Old 03-30-2004, 11:28 PM

So why should I be in 2nd instead of 1st?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:52 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graffiti
So why should I be in 2nd instead of 1st?
well first can be a lil hard when your first trying to learn......
even though clutching first is fun as hell id lay that off till you get 2nd gear down.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:24 AM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

f4i should bring it up in second no prob. 1st is real touchy, too much and you can loop, not enough and the engine drag will bring it right back down. I always play in second.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:55 AM

bernardwhigham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a56kuser
be carfull I looped mine yesterday
Old 03-31-2004, 02:52 PM

GoodKnight is an unknown quantity at this point

So for a noob on an f4i, try a 2nd gear wheelie first?
Old 03-31-2004, 06:58 PM

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

WOT! you want us(squids) to pop the clutch at @10g's? in 2nd? what about a gixxer600? i need help too!!!!! all i can do is acceleration wheelies in 1st! please help me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:12 PM

BoostedSi is an unknown quantity at this point

i just go in 2nd gear going around 30-40mph. I give it a good 2 revs then let out. I dont really pay attention to the rpms anymore....guessing its at around 9-10k rpms. I also stopped doing sitdowns since i could never ride them out even after like 6months of practice. I've been doing left foot rear peg standups.

Oh yea, i'm geared -2 in front also. When i was stock i used to roll around 35mph and then rev to 11-11.5k and drop it(2nd gear). When the wheel starts coming up you need to keep at the throttle a little. If you just let off its obviously gonna come right back down. You'll know how much to let off/on as you keep practicing...it'll come. In first i used to roll around 15mph and rev to like 8k rpms stock and drop it.

2nd gear is easier to hold up and comes up slower than first but you get a little scared since your going faster. Either way, dont forget to cover the rear brake...get used to using it. I've been trying to get used to it.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:19 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eskimo
WOT! you want us(squids) to pop the clutch at @10g's? in 2nd? what about a gixxer600? i need help too!!!!! all i can do is acceleration wheelies in 1st! please help me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive got the same bike. It was hard to clutch wheelies in 2nd till I geared it one down in the front. Suzukis have a retarded ignition system...so either get someone to remove the resistor or gear it. Other than that, I would say if you want to start, DONT go to 10g's! I found that if you learn how to wheelie in 1st...then learn balance, then gear it, and your all set...same thing applies to 2nd gear then as 1st, it will come up about the same.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:35 PM

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jixxer0377
Ive got the same bike. It was hard to clutch wheelies in 2nd till I geared it one down in the front. Suzukis have a retarded ignition system...so either get someone to remove the resistor or gear it. Other than that, I would say if you want to start, DONT go to 10g's! I found that if you learn how to wheelie in 1st...then learn balance, then gear it, and your all set...same thing applies to 2nd gear then as 1st, it will come up about the same.

so how did you do it in first! i know that if you tell me how, i just cant go out and do first time! things take practice! my gixxer is complete stock. like i said, all i can do is accelereatin wheelies! i try power ups but i cant do em, when i clutch it, itll come only if i wack hard!