Clutchin 2d gear wheelie on gix1k

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

branddude is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutchin 2d gear wheelie on gix1k

9 out of 10 stunters agree. use the clutch. when you get the control down you can wheelie in first thru third no problem. In third you might need a little fork compression but you can wheelie at over a hundred. The faster and higher you bring it the easier it is to keep up. When covering your rear brake you might need to adjust the pedal a little lower so you can cover it easier with out lifting your toes up and on the pedal. If you adjust the pedal down make sure you also lower the brake switch so you brake lights wont stay on. I geared mine down with one up two down huge gain in bottom end. It didnt need it but its even better now.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:36 AM

Amateurboy is an unknown quantity at this point

My gixxer 750 has mad power. I can only imagine what a 1k has. Cover that brake and be careful please.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Regular StuntLifer

robinsok is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an '03 1000 and used to power wheelie it. It doesn't matter that it has a lot of power, clutch wheelies are better. It comes up faster and more smoothly. I heard you say you were gaining a lot of speed, when you clutch, you dont have to start with such high rpm's. You can choose the revs you want to wheelie at, and therefore choose your speed and keep em slower. Stick with the clutch, practice, and remember that the brake will save your ***. Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:00 AM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Clutch It
Old 04-15-2004, 03:03 AM

evolrider is an unknown quantity at this point

I gotta sixxer and I bounce the **** out of hit and whack the trottle at around 10k and it stands up. No clutch, and its stock.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:12 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point

You spoke about headshake... You're getting headshake not b/c you don't have a SCOTT's (your bike already has a damper), but b/c you're letting the front wheel down cocked to either side. Make sure to let her down straight!

You asked about WOT while slipping the clutch in second... Only if you enjoy flipping 450 pound motorcycles over backward on to yourself? I just rode my buddy's 04 1K, and in second at the 8k rpm you describe a WOT application alone hoisted her 'loftily' w/o so much as a pause.

You asked about powering it...
Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
Man do yourself a favour and learn to ride that bike for awhile..
Get to the point where you can feel where the power is in the rev band..
You should be able to tell where about in 2nd the bike will lift..

Alot of the guys on here will tell you to clutch it...and that is the best way to get the bike in the air with out causing it to speed up..But clutching it up is all about feel..Something new guys dont have much of..

For me I found it easier to learn sitting down..using power not the clutch.....getting to the point where I could make the front wheel come up a bit in 2nd and then letting it back down.. Once I could do that comfortably I forced myself to use the rear brake to bring it back down..From there it was just lots of practice to progress..
Remember the back brake is your friend..
Also never attempt any of these stunts in front of crowd until you are 100 percent comfortable with it...I cant count how many new guys I have seen loop their rides b/c of the extra adrenaline from the crowd..
Oh yeah, bottomline is have fun..

Cheers
SK
You asked about bouncing it... I have two posts on this thread that could teach a monkey to bounce up a wheelie >>>>> https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/63209-any-tips-how-do.html

You spoke about a newbie question that sucked... The only newbie question that sucks is the one that I didn't hear, "What bike should a newbie buy?" I assure you the logical answer would NOT be a GSXR1000. Man, I truly wish you the best... I do. It's just liter bikes are not made for training purposes. My friend James of the recently closed RUFF RIDES sport-bike rental shop in Hollywood, FL voiced his opinion to me one day on your bike. He is an ex-racer; rode a sponsored Ducati. He got a 2001 GSXR1000 for the shop, and after he rode it for the first time he got off, looked me in the eyes and in the most sincere tone said, "You should honestly have to be specially liscened to buy this bike. Joe Schmo shouldn't be able to just go buy it b/c he wants the biggest engine available." After the bike was wrecked over & over he decided it best/safest to get rid of it. Your bike requires a skilled hand... be safe.