Turning left, foot in the bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:55 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Turning left, foot in the bar

Whats the trick to turning left with your foot in the bar?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Turning left, foot in the bar

get on top of the bike when it is initiating the circle...i find that putting my foot in the subframe with my knee bent works the best...i also turn the bars all the way left...try playing with different inputs as far as where your weight is...gas to come out of the circle, brake to fal into it. don't be scared to feather the gas a bit when it starts to fall, just not too much so you don't highside.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:16 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I dont want to circle (yet), I just want to make left turns. I can do em with my left foot on the front or rear pegs, just not in the bar. But I like foot in the bar so much better since my arms wont get tired after 5 minutes. It just seems that no matter how far I hang off to the left side, the bike still wont lean over enough to go around turns.

teach thanks for replying so quick
Old 03-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

here's another quick reply since i am bored to death at school:

you can't lean off the side to the left as far bc your left foot is in the bar...solution, start trying to 180, or just turn to the right when foot is in bar...you will actually find that simply turning in relatively wide radius' to the right with foot in bar is quite easy...

play on,

teach
Old 03-17-2004, 12:27 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
here's another quick reply since i am bored to death at school:

you can't lean off the side to the left as far bc your left foot is in the bar...solution, start trying to 180, or just turn to the right when foot is in bar...you will actually find that simply turning in relatively wide radius' to the right with foot in bar is quite easy...

play on,

teach
Yeah thats what im doing now. It feels natural going right. thanks again
Old 03-18-2004, 09:02 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to this turning stuff also, first I went out with bicycle just to understand how it's possible to even turn while in a wheelie. Basicly it's not how you hang to side or not. You need to move the bars to the left. And you stay upright. I don't mean turn the bars, but move the hole front part of the bike to the left.

So with left leg on the bar, you should move that leg to the right to get the front to tip to the left.

I think hanging off works better when 'changing lanes' not actually turning.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong. by looking videos I can see the same circle start like with bicycles, no hanging to the side, just move the front to the side you want to turn. Sometimes the movement is very small, buts it's there..

JakeT