Balance point?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:20 PM

Gix6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Balance point?

ok so i been practicing and getting better at wheelies since i put the new gears on, have been trying standups and getting more comfortable, but my question is that im wondering how close i am to the balance point on my second gear wheelies, since i have noone to take a pic of me or follow me in a car. im to the point where im sitting down in second and bring it up and get it high enough to where i cant see over the front anymore at all and kinda have to look around the side of the bike to see where im going, and i can hold them till basically i hit the limiter lol, so would anyone say thats pretty close to the balance point????

thanks for any input
Old 03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person
Re: Balance point?

Originally Posted by Gix6
ok so i been practicing and getting better at wheelies since i put the new gears on, have been trying standups and getting more comfortable, but my question is that im wondering how close i am to the balance point on my second gear wheelies, since i have noone to take a pic of me or follow me in a car. im to the point where im sitting down in second and bring it up and get it high enough to where i cant see over the front anymore at all and kinda have to look around the side of the bike to see where im going, and i can hold them till basically i hit the limiter lol, so would anyone say thats pretty close to the balance point????

thanks for any input

you'll notice right away when you hit the bp, the bike kinda slows down and the rpm's don't go any higher, it's kinda like a smooth feeling.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:41 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I don't know what you're doing but supposedly clutching it will get you to the balance point faster..
Old 03-10-2004, 01:45 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

if you cant see the road you SHOULD be balanced.... but if you have to keep accelerating to stay up you arent. try going just a LITTLE higher
Old 03-10-2004, 01:45 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

if you cant see over your pretty close but the bike will give a floating feeling
all you gotta do is get a little more confortable

when im at the bp on a sit down the person behind me can see my oil light
Old 03-10-2004, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by aNskY
if you cant see the road you SHOULD be balanced.... but if you have to keep accelerating to stay up you arent. try going just a LITTLE higher

ya i cant see the road, only been trying second gear for a few days and im progressing along pretty good, feel pretty comfortable in second guess i need to go just a little bit further back,and work on the throttle control cuz its alot different with -1+2 than what i was used to with stock. but thanks for the input bro
Old 03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever since i found the balance piont on my bike 1st and 2nd all i want to do is wheelie, and standing wholy crap i love it , i want to get where i can just cruise at a constant speed and chill on the back wheel . But balance it up bro .
Old 03-10-2004, 05:45 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, gearing the 6 hun makes a difference. It takes a lil while to find the BP, but once you do, you will never have to ask if you are there...you will know!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:22 PM

Swank989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya dude you'll know exactly when you hit it, the first time will probably scare the **** out of you- just keep your foot over the back brake
Old 03-10-2004, 09:30 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

you can definately accelerate when you hit the balance point ifi were you i would go for third gear
Old 03-10-2004, 10:22 PM

thanks for the input guys, and yes i do cover back brake it saved me once already cuz i was looking for the blance point and went a lil to far im going to work on third after i get second down. soon as i get used to the new gears all will be good :YEAH much appreciated just wanted some input