Skinning A Bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:19 AM

bhindbluize is an unknown quantity at this point
Skinning A Bike

HEY ALL I WANNA SKIN MY 900 RR. I FOUND SOME SICK *** THREADS AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT? OF IF IT ABSOLUTELY STUPID. JUST NEED A LIL FEED BACK.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 AM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Skinning A Bike

skin? do you mean fur?
Old 03-10-2004, 01:35 PM

KawiTaran is an unknown quantity at this point

from what I have seen and heard spray on aerasol adhesive works like a charm, just spray, apply then trim after.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WILLIS69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Skinning and Furring your bike is all about the riders preference. I did it to my bike to make it look different frome other peoples bikes, plus the fact that I will be practicing like a **** this season. I know that I will rash the hell out of my plastics so instead of repainting each time something happens. I can just throw a patch over the bad part. Eventually when I get better at stunting I will repaint my bike.

3m adhesive works great. Also get a hot glue gun for the edges on the back of the fairing. Try to find a material that will stretch well. Pulling wrinkles out will be a biznitch if you have a firm material. I also bought a product called flag guard to spray on the fabric that is close to the exhaust pipe. Flag guard is a flame retardant. Get a good quality pair of fabric scissors and a sharp hobby knife. If you use dull scissors the finished product will look frayed. Hope that helped .
Old 03-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WILLIS69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Skinning and Furring your bike is all about the riders preference. I did it to my bike to make it look different frome other peoples bikes, plus the fact that I will be practicing like a **** this season. I know that I will rash the hell out of my plastics so instead of repainting each time something happens. I can just throw a patch over the bad part. Eventually when I get better at stunting I will repaint my bike.

3m adhesive works great. Also get a hot glue gun for the edges on the back of the fairing. Try to find a material that will stretch well. Pulling wrinkles out will be a biznitch if you have a firm material. I also bought a product called flag guard to spray on the fabric that is close to the exhaust pipe. Flag guard is a flame retardant. Get a good quality pair of fabric scissors and a sharp hobby knife. If you use dull scissors the finished product will look frayed. Hope that helped .
Old 03-10-2004, 07:10 PM

bhindbluize is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys. i tried it today on a older beat to hell fairing i had laying aorund and it looked good so i am gonna do the real thing tomorrow. i'll hit u guys up to show u what it looks like when i am done . peace