Bike Fell Over.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 AM

bhindbluize is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Bike Fell Over.

SO GET THIS ****. I PARKED MY 98 CBR 900 RR OUTSIDE TODAY AND WHEN I COME BACK AN HOUR LATER MY BABY IS ON HER SIDE. I JUST BOUGHT THE BIKE AND WHEN I PICKED HER UP I SMELLED LOADS OF GAS ALMOST LIKE THE CARBS GOT FLOODED OR SOMETHING. IS THIS COMMON WHEN A CARB BIKE IS ON ITS SIDE FOR LONG AND WHAT SHOULD I DO. SHOULD I JUST START HER UP AND LET THE EXCESS GAS BURN OFF OR SHOULD I DO SOMETHING ELSE? ANY HELP WILL BE APPERCIATED. AND IF I EVER FIND THE DUMB **** WHO KNOCKED OVER MY BIKE. EEERRRRRR
Old 03-09-2004, 05:02 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bike Fell Over.

That sucks *** dude...maybe let it sit until the gas evaporates?????
I'm not an expert so use this advise at your own discretion.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:49 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

That sux, my bike falls over all the time. Run the starter for a few seconds and hold the throttle all the way open. That'll un-flood the carbs. When it starts, let it idle with the choke on for a few seconds. I dont know why, but it always works for me.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:46 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, do not hold the starter open long nor the throttle. After the bike sits on its side for long periods of time you have a very good chance of hydrolock from eng oil. The gas that you smell is coming from some vent tubes on the top of your carbs into your airbox. You just need to hit the starter and let the motor rotatate least one full cycle to make sure the cylinder is not full of oil. Then if you want to fill your bowls without killing your starter find the little hose connected to your petcock disconect and conect your own hose with some kind of vacume devise (mighty vac, etc...) or even use your own lungs , prepare to get a bit light headed though , you don't need much pressure. Don't forget to reconnect this hose. Once the bowls are full, and your sure the motor turns over OK by itself start her up!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:20 PM

ok define longs periods of time? like 2 hours, 4 hous 2 days? the bike wasn't on it side no more than two hours maybe less.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:16 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

Just pin the throttle open and crank it over she'll start to fire and then it should just bust off. I wouldn't hold the crack it over for more than 15 or 20 seconds at a time don't want to burn the starter up. Wait about a min and try again she should start. That sucks had it happen to me on my F3
Old 03-09-2004, 03:26 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

listen bro if your really worried...hydro lock is the worst case thing, and if it does it could bend conecting rods or even crack the head.
so if you are really worried remove the spark plugs and then hit the starter for a few seconds and if there is any fluid in the cylindars the pistons will pump it out the spark plug holes.
-sean
Old 03-09-2004, 03:59 PM

alrite guys thanks. and another prob. are all the locks keyed the same? the key work for the tank and the ignition but not the tail lock? could they have changed out the locks or something
Old 03-09-2004, 06:52 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I am so paranoid about some stupid **** sitting on my bike when I leave it somewhere.. I'm just gonna start parking my bike in front of buildings on the sidewalk I don't give a **** what anyone says to me...
Old 03-09-2004, 06:56 PM

i caught some *** trying to pimp out my bike to some hoe. he was all leaning up n my **** saying it was his yada yada yada and that he couldn't driveh erhome cause he had had to much to drink
i was like oh yeah so where r u keys. he wasl ike uhhh uhhh duuhhhh yeah dumb **** they areright here in my hand
Old 03-10-2004, 03:21 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I came out of my house one day and found the neighborkids playing on my bike, climbing on it and ****. i couldn't believe the *****/stupidity of those dip-*****
Old 03-10-2004, 08:45 AM

cutter is a decent person

Originally Posted by bhindbluize
i caught some *** trying to pimp out my bike to some hoe. he was all leaning up n my **** saying it was his yada yada yada and that he couldn't driveh erhome cause he had had to much to drink
i was like oh yeah so where r u keys. he wasl ike uhhh uhhh duuhhhh yeah dumb **** they areright here in my hand
you are not cool you could let the guy win at lease get a # or something
Old 03-10-2004, 09:45 AM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats good **** calling him out like that
Old 03-10-2004, 12:01 PM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

hope your bike is ok.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:49 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

You can do that? Damn I'm 'bout to go out and sit by my bike
Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 PM

U Know For A Min I Thought About Letting The Guy Run His Game But When He Is Telling Her That He Is A Stunter... Come On Any One Would Have Called Him Out. If U Wanna Pimp Go Get Ur Own Dam Bike And Pimp.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:23 PM

P.S. THE BIKE IS OK HAD TO REPLACE THE PLUGS BUT OTHER THAN THAT SHE IS FINE
:YEAH
Old 03-10-2004, 10:19 PM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
You can do that? Damn I'm 'bout to go out and sit by my bike

Shiiiiiit! When I sit around near MY bike in parking area, security always thinks Im about to steal it!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:37 PM

LMAO, WELL I DUNNO I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN ONCE OR TWICE. BUT THEN I JUST DO TO THEM WHAT I DID TO THE KID. BAM!!!! WHIP OUT THE KEYS AND START HER UP

Quick Reply: Bike Fell Over.