any tips on how to do a 2nd gear stand up on a '00...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Oktz Kerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: any tips on how to do a 2nd gear stand up on a '00...

Originally Posted by Din
on a 2000 Gixxr 600? like how fast i should be going, what rpms i should be at, clucthin up? Also what the best tire pressure for the front and rear tires should be at when tryin to do this stunt? thanks.
so cuz i have a 98 gixer 600 and to me the best way to do it would be to standing the tire pressur realy doesnt matter in the beging but in order to clutch it go slow till your at like 4500 to 5 clutch and rev a lil bit jus tbe sure it dosent go back on you so either be ready to use the rear brake or just get baby ones untill you work your way to 10 or 11 oclock ones and sometimes it help to bounce while you cluch

ps you could just get a big *** sproket
Old 04-29-2004, 10:54 AM

NyTona is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: any tips on how to do a 2nd gear stand up on a '00...

Originally Posted by melampus
#1 >> You are getting head-shake [that which would undoubtedly be a full-on tankslapper if you had any height in your wheelie] because you are setting the wheel down slightly cocked to one side which is ...boys of GEARED-UP on I-95 coming back from MOROSO, and this was what was said... https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/23-triple-xtreme/40349-triplexxxtreme-trailer-i-95-a.html I love stoppies! About a month ago I started one-handers. I'm only good for four car-lengths right now though.

Have fun... Be safe...

AS USUAL...THANKS FOR THE DETAILED RESPONSES! Chicago weather has prevented me from practicing but it is warming up again! I'll try it out. I think maybe I was trying to clutch up to high in the rev range in 2nd gear. It pulls lower, but I was trying to clutch at higher in the rev range. I just need to practice. Today is a good day, but I've got to pick up the bike, I'm having it remapped and a K&N filter put in. Also a slight chain adjustment.

Where in South Florida are you? I may actually be riding down to Miami with a couple guys next month. (22 hours by car! who knows by bike?) We'll probably stay for about a week. I've got friends and family in Miami and Orlando.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:05 PM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: any tips on how to do a 2nd gear stand up on a '00...

Originally Posted by NyTona
AS USUAL...THANKS FOR THE DETAILED RESPONSES!....... I was trying to clutch up to high in the rev range in 2nd gear. It pulls lower........... I'm having it remapped......... Where in South Florida are you?; I've got friends and family in Miami and Orlando.
#1 >> As usual, more then glad to help. I live for this **** man!

#2 & #3 >> I was talking to a local shop owner who had just re-mapped a Triumph, and he mentioned how much it impressed him. Make sure to get the dyno print-outs, and you can see exactly where your bike is coming on the pipe. It will also demonstrate how your bike's torque curve probably falls off high in the revs leaving your attempts to clutch up 2nd up top unsuccesful. It will make the most useful torque probably about 1/3 into your powerband... that's where you slip it. That was also why I told you I short-shift 1-2K rpm for fourth gear wheelies as if I ride third too far up it passes the torque curve & she drops on the shift to 4th.

#4 >> I'm smack dab in the middle...
Old 05-08-2004, 03:11 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by bill parr
not only will it fry a clutch in a hurry if you dont know what you are doing, it will loop ya even faster, clutchin is unpredictable.
I didnt read through this whole thread, but part of the reason clutching is a better technique is because it is MORE predictable then bouncing... If you do the same thing everytime it'll react the same way
Old 05-08-2004, 03:19 PM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I was not in agreement with that aspect of BParr's comment.