ok...now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:57 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ok...now what?

so you slip the clutch, crack the throttle and the front gets past the balance point....now what? Do I lay off the throttle completely and let the idle take over and play with the back brake? So, is it 'just' idle + brake to get it to slow walk? I've watched videos were the rider is slow rollin and the front tire starts to drop but then it goes back up to the balance point. Is it dropping because he's tapping the back brake and then releases it so it can go back to the balance point? Any help is appreciated

l8r

-jr
Old 02-07-2004, 01:27 PM

R6nutcase is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ok...now what?

first thing u need to slow walk is gears. other than that. u just play with the throttle. if u go too high u let it off. if u start to fall forward too much, give it some more.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:33 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

it depends what your idle is, if its stock 1300 or whatever its not gonna stay up no matter how far back you are(if the clutch is engaged), if your idle is up say like 3500 or higher you can slowly close the throttle as you let off the brake, you'll end up so there's no throttle and only brake control to keep you up. gears helps but is not needed, i;ve got buddies who roll 10mph or under with stockers, but the gears do help
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by R6nutcase
first thing u need to slow walk is gears. other than that. u just play with the throttle. if u go too high u let it off. if u start to fall forward too much, give it some more.

gears have nothing to do with slow rolls...throttle/brake control and balance do.

it is ideal to ride the bike with just the idle at 3500 or so, but to learn you will most likelly not be able to hold it at the sweet spot right away...once you get it to balance pt, you should be on the brake and the gas. keep the gas on slighlty at a steady pace and moderate the height with your brake only...once you get this, you will use less and less gas and brake and will be able to take hands off and what not..

teach
Old 02-07-2004, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
gears have nothing to do with slow rolls...throttle/brake control and balance do.

it is ideal to ride the bike with just the idle at 3500 or so, but to learn you will most likelly not be able to hold it at the sweet spot right away...once you get it to balance pt, you should be on the brake and the gas. keep the gas on slighlty at a steady pace and moderate the height with your brake only...once you get this, you will use less and less gas and brake and will be able to take hands off and what not..

teach
i dont understand how gears can have nothing to do with it?? the basic physics of the bike require u to have gears to be able to wheelie slow. you only have so much power in your bike, which requires u to have a certain amount of rpm to keep the bike up. and your gears determine how fast your rear wheel will turn in relation to the engine rpm.

not tryin to argue. just lookin for some clarification.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:27 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

For doing slow rolls, gearing only allows you to go a few mph slower before killing the engine. The difference is something like 7mph compared to 4-5mph. You have to have to have some damn good skills to take advantage of that difference. Personality i like watching higher speed rolls. In a video posted here a while back, a european was doing no handed sitdowns going like 15mph. There was also a guy spinning circles pretty fast. IMO, that looks better.
Oh, and you play with the brake, not the throttle.

Last edited by f4rider; 02-07-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 AM

WRooster250F is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=f4rider]You have to have to have some damn good skills to take advantage of that difference.QUOTE]

say what?
Old 02-08-2004, 07:52 PM

Apollo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the bigger rear sprockets (and inversely smaller fronts), make it so the bike puts more torque to the wheel at a given speed and will pick you up going slower?

Wouldn't that help a lot with slow wheelies?
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM

yes it does. thats why im wondering how u can slow wheelie. with stock sprockets.??
Old 02-09-2004, 12:07 AM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone thinks that gears makes them 12.....It may make you go a tad slower but you could go damn near just as slow with stock....You just have to learn when to hit the brake.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DREWdmi
Everyone thinks that gears makes them 12.....It may make you go a tad slower but you could go damn near just as slow with stock....You just have to learn when to hit the brake.
Tell'em Drew... To all you non believers and doubters, do a little search on my man Emrock, he's been rockin stock on his f4i for the longest... Or better yet, check the video...
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews/54779-d-unit-teaser.html

Wish I would have stayed stock or -1+2 til I learn some ****. You guys need to learn brake and throttle control.. Thats why so many people recommend not learning how to scrape til you learn that ****...

Last edited by JPratt; 02-09-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Gas'er!!

gears make the bike come up easier bc there is more torque, they also allow you to roll slower when at balance point. they DO NOT make you roll slow. the same concepts are used, perfect balance point with little brake and little gas.

all gears do is change the ratio, thus decreasing your speed. too many people trying to roll slow with huge gears-it makes it harder and twitchier if you dont know what you are doing. learn on stock or with a little gearing to help bring the bike up, and then you will be fine...

circles, no handers, whatever all day long on stock 636...again, gears only make it easier to pop up, and puts less abuse on the clutch/bike itself.

slow rolls are basically going only as fast as the idle...turn your idle up to 3500 and just roll along onthe ground...with stock gears, you will roll 3-5 mph faster than with big gears...that is the speed of a slow wheely...add a little brake in there and that is simulating a slow wheelie, except on two wheels!

teach
Old 02-09-2004, 03:19 PM

gears make the bike come up easier bc there is more torque, they also allow you to roll slower when at balance point. they DO NOT make you roll slow. the same concepts are used, perfect balance point with little brake and little gas.

all gears do is change the ratio, thus decreasing your speed. too many people trying to roll slow with huge gears-it makes it harder and twitchier if you dont know what you are doing. learn on stock or with a little gearing to help bring the bike up, and then you will be fine...

circles, no handers, whatever all day long on stock 636...again, gears only make it easier to pop up, and puts less abuse on the clutch/bike itself.

slow rolls are basically going only as fast as the idle...turn your idle up to 3500 and just roll along onthe ground...with stock gears, you will roll 3-5 mph faster than with big gears...that is the speed of a slow wheely...add a little brake in there and that is simulating a slow wheelie, except on two wheels!

teach

how can i turn up the idle on my 2003 R6??
Old 02-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Gas'er!!

dunno, but it is def possible...on hondas/suzuki/kawi it is on the left side, prolly somewhere just under the tank...look for something you can turn
Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 PM

Road Hazard™ is an unknown quantity at this point

teach
best way I have ever heard it put, nicely said, even I can take that and go learn it! Thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 03:05 PM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

teach

YEAH!!!!!! :YEAH What he said....
Old 02-22-2004, 02:53 AM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point
you have to feel it

Old 02-22-2004, 02:55 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by f4rider
Oh, and you play with the brake, not the throttle.
whoever told you that must not know a whole lot

unless you're a idle ***** (I used to be one to), you're going to be playing with the throttle as well.

My idle stays at 1200rpm all time unless I'm doing no handers

edit: WTF is up with calling it slow walking? you aint walking ****.. you're wheelying. SLOW WHEELIE.