balance point BS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 02:41 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
no more zoltan?
Old 12-27-2003, 02:52 AM

covertwar is a decent person
balance is the point in which the bike would be comfortable if you only had one wheel, just like the vertical version of how you balance the bike horizontally
Old 12-27-2003, 05:35 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
so how high is the balance point on an F4i....
Old 12-28-2003, 12:57 PM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve
Who gives a rat's *** Motorcycles are gay
Old 12-28-2003, 03:04 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
i always just call it a wheelie but thats me
Old 12-29-2003, 01:47 AM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Rich-NY
so how high is the balance point on an F4i....
f4i and gsxrs has the same bp..... its a tad lower than this pic
Old 12-29-2003, 02:39 AM

Ahigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Confusion

There's a lot of confusion about balance point. Let me try to clear up some myths.

The balance point of a motorcycle is a fixed angle depending on the amount of fluids in the bike, and the position of the rider.

If you take a basic sportbike, and have one person on each frame slider and lift it into a wheelie in first gear from a standstill, it will balance at a certain height when there is no rider on board.

Do the same thing with a person sitting on the bike, the balance point will be lower.

Do the same thing with a person on the bike and leaning back, the balance point will be lower than the person leaning towards the tank.

Put more gas in the tank, the BP will change as well.

There's another point, however, that matters to many and I think many confuse with balance point. I call this point the "constant speed wheelie point." Let's just say CSWP for short for now.

The CSWP gets is lower with increasing speed. EG: A constant speed 10mph is very near the balance point. A constant speed 130mph is pretty low. This is what I think most people think when they say "balance point" and is the source of much confusion (along with the confusion of body position affecting balance point.

I hope this turns on some lightbulbs.

--
- Ahigh
Old 12-29-2003, 11:14 AM

Beastyforever is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said. It was stuff like that I was trying to clear up with my post earlier in this thread.

- Beasty
Old 12-29-2003, 12:00 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Confusion

Originally posted by Ahigh
There's a lot of confusion about balance point. Let me try to clear up some myths.

The balance point of a motorcycle is a fixed angle depending on the amount of fluids in the bike, and the position of the rider.

If you take a basic sportbike, and have one person on each frame slider and lift it into a wheelie in first gear from a standstill, it will balance at a certain height when there is no rider on board.

Do the same thing with a person sitting on the bike, the balance point will be lower.

Do the same thing with a person on the bike and leaning back, the balance point will be lower than the person leaning towards the tank.

There's another point, however, that matters to many and I think many confuse with balance point. I call this point the "constant speed wheelie point." Let's just say CSWP for short for now.

The CSWP gets is lower with increasing speed. EG: A constant speed 10mph is very near the balance point. A constant speed 130mph is pretty low. This is what I think most people think when they say "balance point" and is the source of much confusion (along with the confusion of body position affecting balance point.

--
- Ahigh
what he said...
Old 12-29-2003, 09:10 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

--
- Ahigh
EXACTLY, now weather ur doing any of these things u stated, even if the bike is lower due to your body position, it will still flip if u go back a lil bit (-engine brk./rear brake)
Old 12-30-2003, 06:07 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by a56kuser
No bikes bp is this low the f4I is a lot higher than that my boy has one if he passed by me with it that low he'd be haulin ***
Old 12-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BTB Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
Pocket bikes are very unforgiving
Old 12-30-2003, 11:48 PM

mead_hall is an unknown quantity at this point

shiiii did u go to wheelie college or something? **** man i take hits in the head from falling off a motorcycle..

- Ahigh
^yea what he said
Old 01-01-2004, 05:25 PM

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by a56kuser
Thats funny. Thats too high for a gixer. May loop out or something. Just kidding lol