360 burnouts

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 02:47 PM

srsmokesalot is an unknown quantity at this point
360 burnouts

How you do 360 burnouts. Do you just turn the bars and work the brake.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
That's pretty much it.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
countersteer .....is that how u spell steer?......or is it stear...or is that a bull...*** i dunno what im talkin about dont listen to me
Old 12-19-2003, 05:54 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
get a good rollin burnout, then i shift my weight. if you want the rear to swing right i put weight on my left peg and kinda lean the bike into it. keep that front tire moving or it'll spin out on you really quickly
Old 12-19-2003, 06:47 PM

sungwei is an unknown quantity at this point
I"m gonna piggy back off this post. I can roll them good, but when I start to turn I only get about half way around and then I have to put my feet down. I guess the best way to describe it is I loose my momentum. Watching videos the people are spinning around really fast.

So what am I doing wrong? More gas? Less front brake? I'm around 5-6k I think though it's hard to tell cause you can't really look. Any advice? Maybe it's my weight shifting?
Old 12-19-2003, 09:54 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
well, like said earlier, i counter steer, my wheel is facing a little right when i'm turning left and leaning left and putting weight on my left peg.

make sure you let enough brake out that the front wheel keeps moving forward, start making big circles to learn. getting them really tight like darius who barely has any front wheel motion is really hard.

You are probably shifting your weight. I also use about 5k rpms, any faster and it gets slippery, any slower and it bogs and hooks up and hops. Also i am constantly making slight corrections at the angle the handle bars are pointed.

it just takes practice, you gotta start with big circles and work tighter and tighter once you get your balance and feel for the ammount of lean/brake/throttle/direction of bars it takes to keep it going. don't get frustrated, it was a bitch for me to learn also.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:12 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
its simple
Old 12-19-2003, 11:44 PM

RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point
burnouts

It seems that once the bike spins around if you steer the other way and let out of the brake a bit itll swing the rest of the way around. my 900 is compleatley different than my old 1000. but the concept is the same
Old 12-19-2003, 11:45 PM

RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point
burnouts

Oh ya and darius is a pimp at burnouts
Old 12-19-2003, 11:50 PM

Any vids of some darius burnouts?

Thanks for the input guys. Guess my problem is I was trying to do them too tight.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:59 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
buy servin it up 2. i had a bitch of a time learning too. but i realized that i wasn't paying attention to my brake, and i kept losing momentum till i stopped and it spun out on me. if it gets tight let off brake and if you want to go tighter give more throttle
Old 12-20-2003, 02:24 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
more brake = tighter circle, more throttle = faster around. just gotta learn to use both at the same time. These are harder to learn than they look, I always thought.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I know. I always thought this was like one of those tricks that was considered really easy and standard across the board. I'm sure for most of you guys it is, but it's definitely a lot harder than some other tricks out there. I actually learned rolling endo's easier than this trick.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:34 PM
TheShirtCave.com

DerekLee is an unknown quantity at this point
I"m gonna piggy back off this post. I can roll them good, but when I start to turn I only get about half way around and then I have to put my feet down. I guess the best way to describe it is I loose my momentum. Watching videos the people are spinning around really fast.
It probaly because you are grabbing too much brake. Let off the front brake completely if you have to, if you are off the brake it is alot harder to low-side (spin-out). So everytime you feel it's gonna give and spin-out just let off the front brake.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the slower you are spinning the rear tire the more stable the bike is. If you spin the rear tire faster it gets slicker and less stable, it will want to spin-out.
Practice doing them wide, and with a slow spin on the rear, then slowly apply more gas as you get the hang of it and bring them tighter/faster...

Hope this helps,
PEACE

Letting off that brake will save your ***, try it.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
practice practice practice-----tires tires tires.......learn to let off the brake and get on the brake....depending on your tire speed!!
Old 12-26-2003, 06:03 AM

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve
StarBoyz have a vid out that teaches you how to do burn outs, from the first step all the way to circles. They take two guys that never done a burn out and by the end of the vid ( all in one day ) they are doing rolling burn outs and circles.

Oh and trust me, make sure you always cover the clutch
Old 12-26-2003, 08:46 PM

Outkast Rafe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CBROrange
practice practice practice-----tires tires tires.......
this trick i learn to do very easy but it does take a lot of practice and countersteering is the biggest to learn also get servin it up 1 or 2 and pay close attention thats how i learned
and highchair burnouts are so much easier that standing on pegs i dont even know if i can do one standing on pegs anymore ever since i learn highchair i stop fooling with the pegs

practice practice practice
Old 12-28-2003, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by DerekLee
It probaly because you are grabbing too much brake. Let off the front brake completely if you have to, if you are off the brake it is alot harder to low-side (spin-out). So everytime you feel it's gonna give and spin-out just let off the front brake.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the slower you are spinning the rear tire the more stable the bike is. If you spin the rear tire faster it gets slicker and less stable, it will want to spin-out.
Practice doing them wide, and with a slow spin on the rear, then slowly apply more gas as you get the hang of it and bring them tighter/faster...

Hope this helps,
PEACE

Letting off that brake will save your ***, try it.
Thanks man. I wish I read this yesterday as I was practicing them.

Someone told me though if you let go completely the bike will take off on you. I kind of know the feeling cause sometimes when I do these the front brakes start chattering and the bike jumps forward violently. Of course you're just saying to let it off for a moment. I will definitely try this and all the other advice. Thanks guys.

By the way. Does anyone have any spare tires they just feel like giving away? This move eats up tires fast!