switchback

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Regular StuntLifer

lsr740seditz is an unknown quantity at this point
switchback

how does everyone do them i plan on learning them sometime soon even if there is snow on the ground please help me out

everytime i try them i end up wrecking
the bike moves to the right and i fall off the left i can get 3/4 of the way around and the last 1/4 of the way is usually when i hit the road

i usually go around 40 in second hit the throttle lock get on the tank like im doing a highhair and spin around but i have not pulled it off yet

help me out
Old 12-09-2003, 12:22 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I sit on the tank backwards. I havet tried spinning because my tank is convex.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:23 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
It's just a matter of doing it, I tried learning to steer backwards first, this will help you later on if you ever have it start going bad on you. I held onto the handle bars when learning, and took it one step at a time, you'll get to the point where your there, just let go(that's the hardest part). Now, I find it easier to do as you said, jump to the highchair and just spin around. all my stuff is around 40mph also, but I don't have throttle lock, just put it in neutral
Old 12-09-2003, 04:59 PM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Only done it once because of NJ traffic. It's actually not that hard when you get it. What I do is pop it in neutral at about 50, while holding onto the handlebars, jump up and turn you body around and sit on the tank while holding onto the bars still, then just let go of the bars and turn your body quickly.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:05 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
ive never tried a switchback, i dont exactly know why. its definitly now on my to do list.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:15 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't need to learn how to steer backwards. its just leaning. You can drive normally while you place your feet on the oposite pegs. The hard part is letting go of the handle bars and turning full around. But just do it. It's cake... ***** to the wall!

~Jared
Old 12-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Regular StuntLifer

yi can get to the point where i spin around and then i fall off and crash i acna steer backwards i worked on that before i even tried to do it moving i started out riding bcakwards now im working on getting it moving and i pulled it off once yesterday and crashed into a snowbank once too
Old 12-11-2003, 02:05 PM

tagss4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got some vid of me crashin...it's on our website www.upstatenyriders.com but when you get it it's cake!
Old 12-11-2003, 02:20 PM

hey tagss, how bout you change your avatar, do you forget who comes here, and where we access this at sometimes.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:47 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BunaRocket
hey tagss, how bout you change your avatar, do you forget who comes here, and where we access this at sometimes.

first off, what was that avatar?

and secondly, kill that stupid throttle lock, that's a death wish waiting to happen. i learned by getting it about 50mph and kicking into neutral, then hopping up and spinning around and letting the bike coast without touching antyhing, then climb back down. keep doing that to get used to it. this was done by sitting on teh tank with both feet off to one side then puttin each foot back into the drivers seat. once i got ok with that then i just got highchair and spun around 180. You have to lean back and get your weight on your tail bone and keep your weight centered when you spin.

also, when steering, remember to keep it simple. you are backwards so whatever way you want to go, you push that handlebar, don't think of antyhing else but "push the direction i want to go" and you'll be fine. that's how i think about it. you try to get all techincal on it and left hand pushes to go right and all that bullshit, then you get confused. never panic either, always stay calm, you'll make big mistakes if you start to panic nad freeze up.

hope that helps man!
Old 12-12-2003, 04:58 PM

Thanks Tag, just didn't want to get in trouble with the ol boss, you know what I mean. Let's just say it wasn't work friendly, lol
Old 12-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally posted by binder929rr

and secondly, kill that stupid throttle lock, that's a death wish waiting to happen. i learned by getting it about 50mph and kicking into neutral, then hopping up and spinning around and letting the bike coast without touching antyhing, then climb back down. keep doing that to get used to it. this was done by sitting on teh tank with both feet off to one side then puttin each foot back into the drivers seat. once i got ok with that then i just got highchair and spun around 180. You have to lean back and get your weight on your tail bone and keep your weight centered when you spin.

also, when steering, remember to keep it simple. you are backwards so whatever way you want to go, you push that handlebar, don't think of antyhing else but "push the direction i want to go" and you'll be fine. that's how i think about it. you try to get all techincal on it and left hand pushes to go right and all that bullshit, then you get confused. never panic either, always stay calm, you'll make big mistakes if you start to panic nad freeze up.

hope that helps man!

thanks man i got rid of the throttle lock doing it that way helped alot i got it now and i didnt crash into a snowbank today lol
Old 12-13-2003, 03:58 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by extremezx6
thanks man i got rid of the throttle lock doing it that way helped alot i got it now and i didnt crash into a snowbank today lol
sweet, glad i helped. that was one stunt i took at a slow rate cause i do'nt like falling off doing 40mph..haha
Old 12-13-2003, 08:39 PM

thatsmerc is an unknown quantity at this point
i learned how to stear backwards from jet ski ing backward on the water a lot less painfull
Old 12-13-2003, 08:56 PM
back in the saddle again

i learned to steer backwards by crossing my left hand over to the throttle....and juse rode like that forever. when i ride backwards, i only use my left hand, my right just goes wherever, but not on the handlebar.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:58 AM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point
I always leave mine in second don't know why that's just the way I learned it on a abandon air strip 2 miles long 100 yards wide nothing to run into just played around with it for a while. If you go somewhere you don't have a lot of obstacles then your pretty relaxed and you can think about what your doing. I don't use a throttle lock I just let off and when I get turned around get back on the throttle. You should video you riding in the snow thats crazy
Old 12-18-2003, 02:57 PM

switchbackme is an unknown quantity at this point
try holdin on to the handlebars or the triple the whole time
Old 12-18-2003, 02:59 PM

switchbackme is an unknown quantity at this point
if at 100 mph water feels like concrete what does concrete feel like ?
Old 12-19-2003, 05:00 PM

not too bad if you have leathers, lol. I fell off at 55mph a couple of times in one day, doing the switchback, then jump to a skitch. With leathers it don't even phase you too much, lol
Old 12-23-2003, 06:09 AM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by binder929rr

hope that helps man!

Quick Reply: switchback