How do you go about practicing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 11:37 PM

TECK is an unknown quantity at this point
hey sungwei i am in the same position as you, my friends who ride arent to into stunting mostly because they are still pretty new at riding, so it is hard to get them to hang out while i practice stuff.

where are you in jersey? I am in north jersey, I think i finally found a good spot to stunt it is a big flat parking lot and just a block away from where dirtbike guys park there trucks and trailors to ride in the woods and they are always riding up and down the street and the cops dont bother them.

only thing is i aint riding again till the weather gets warmer which probably wont be till spring
Old 12-03-2003, 03:12 AM

OzR1d is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Im also in the "want to learn how to stunt" group. Dont know ANYBODY here in Melb that knows how to stunt. A few of my mates are good at wheelies,but thats not uncommon. Bad thing is though,they live over the other side of town,and the only time I see them is when we go for track days,or for cruise.

At the moment,Im still on very basics(learning to wheelie-clutching 2nd),.Still yet to reach b point,and not having anyone to guide me,or share advise maes it hard;as Im paranoid about looping it.

In time I'll be looking at getting a "stunting only" kind of bike (ie-if I drop it now and then..who cares But untill then,I guess I have to just take it easy solo,and practice practice practice.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:55 PM

sungwei is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TECK
hey sungwei i am in the same position as you, my friends who ride arent to into stunting mostly because they are still pretty new at riding, so it is hard to get them to hang out while i practice stuff.

where are you in jersey? I am in north jersey, I think i finally found a good spot to stunt it is a big flat parking lot and just a block away from where dirtbike guys park there trucks and trailors to ride in the woods and they are always riding up and down the street and the cops dont bother them.

only thing is i aint riding again till the weather gets warmer which probably wont be till spring
Hey Teck, I'm in Monmouth County. Off Exit 117 next to the Arts Center to be exact. Where in N. Jersey are you? I'd love to check that spot out some day. But yeah man it is cold as f_ck! I will still ride in the winter but only short distances. We should keep in touch though till it gets warm.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:58 PM

TECK is an unknown quantity at this point
I am up north, Bergen county, kinda far for you, but maybe next spring when the weather gets nice you could make the trip
Old 12-04-2003, 01:04 AM

StretchNutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: industrial courts are your friend

Originally posted by Zed K
OK, I'll play noob today,

goosfraba?? WTF???
go rent Anger Management
Old 12-04-2003, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by TECK
I am up north, Bergen county, kinda far for you, but maybe next spring when the weather gets nice you could make the trip
Yeah that's a bit far, but in warm weather I don't mind riding far. I go 1.5 hours north just to ride backroads in Upstate NY so Bergen county won't be so bad. I've been up to Hunterton county a couple times. I think that's just southwest of you. This weekend is Snow! No stunting for a while eh? I"m gonna do some work on my bike.

Gather up some other motivated stunters for next season! How is your skill level? Mine is like sub-amateur. In other words I have a lot to learn. But I'm motivated so I guess taht's good.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person
Originally posted by sungwei
Another problem I have is I get so freakin' tired! Stunting takes a lot out of you. When you're learning especially.
yea and knowing when to call it a day....
Old 12-07-2003, 07:55 PM

PROJECT P is an unknown quantity at this point
been riden for a total of 25 days

just practice on everything. even if you never tried a trick befor. you aint going to know what happens unless you try it. 30min on fast ****, then 30 min on sit down slow **** and so on. youll see improvment in like a day . it took me 1day to learn standups, 1day to learn sit downs,1week for no handed sit downs, 2days for combos in first gear, and so on

zoltan

Last edited by PROJECT P; 12-07-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 PM

Re: been riden for a total of 25 days

Originally posted by PROJECT P
just practice on everything. even if you never tried a trick befor. you aint going to know what happens unless you try it. 30min on fast ****, then 30 min on sit down slow **** and so on. youll see improvment in like a day . it took me 1day to learn standups, 1day to learn sit downs,1week for no handed sit downs, 2days for combos in first gear, and so on

zoltan
Yeah I don't think I'll be learning that fast but thanks for the boost of confidence! I wanna learn slow tricks, but I guess I need the basics first. Oh well, my skills aint the best, but I'm sure I have just about as much fun trying to improve them as even the best riders.