what the f@ck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 03:05 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question what the f@ck?

I watch video after video of pros doing slow wheelies and I noticed that they hardly move their throttle hand when they bring the front wheel up I mean it looks like they're not even hittin the throttle. I myself am whacking the **** out of mine, thus front comes up way to fast what their secret? When I'm rollin about 5mph, I slip the clutch and just tap the throttle but it only comes up a few feet I have to hit that **** hard to get it up there! Will changing my sprockets help slow it down some? I'm only +2 in the back. I have the -1, +7 sprockets but havn't had a chance to put it on yet. Will this setup help slow it down? l8r

-jr
Old 11-28-2003, 04:32 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
If you have that then , yes, obviopusly you'll come up.....

Listen, the higher you go the less throttle you need to use. The lower the bike the more throttle....

In other words.

Once at balance point then the less throttle you need to use. The lower the bp then the moer gas you need to hit.......

You can still wheelie with stock, if you want to do the SLOOOOOOOWWWWW stuff then you must make the rear sporcket even more in terms of number of teeth....

But why try that if you have not yet mastered "sprockets" let alone regular wheelies.........

I posted this already, maybe I should do it again.... You guys need to really check the search on stuntlife........

practice practice practice practice
Old 11-28-2003, 04:35 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Hey, you already asked this, or something similar and got helpfull responses.....By asking the same thing over and over you might not get the tech. help you need....

Check this.......

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=43243
Old 11-28-2003, 11:03 AM

thanks for the reply, but all I really wanted to know is why the pros only 'tap' the throttle before they bring the front up.
That other post of mine was asked about after the front is up. From the videos I watch it almost seems that they're not hitting the throttle at all and they're only rollin like 5mph Sorry that you felt this post was a waste of time. If I don't have to use that much throttle before bringing the front up, then I won't l8r.

-jr
Old 11-28-2003, 07:08 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
well remember their idle is jacked up too.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:12 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
you give it a little juice, with body language it comes up high and fast so you don't have to crank it. i'm usually off the throttle withing a second of letting the clutch out.

you get it high and fast real quick, like a burst, you don't have to use the throttle much. it's all in practice.

if you come up slower you'll be cranking and cranking the throttle and then moving fast when you get it up high enough.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:13 PM

Highdiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bikerboy
Hey, you already asked this, or something similar and got helpfull responses.....By asking the same thing over and over you might not get the tech. help you need....

Check this.......

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=43243
Take a second to read what he posted. It is a different Question.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:10 PM

Gix6xer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by binder929rr
you give it a little juice, with body language it comes up high and fast so you don't have to crank it. i'm usually off the throttle withing a second of letting the clutch out.

you get it high and fast real quick, like a burst, you don't have to use the throttle much. it's all in practice.

if you come up slower you'll be cranking and cranking the throttle and then moving fast when you get it up high enough.

THATS ABOUT RIGHT OH AN PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,1
Old 11-28-2003, 11:04 PM

AlexF4i is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Highdiver
Take a second to read what he posted. It is a different Question.
Yeah, that's what I was gonna say...

Anyway, good advise 'binder'. Thanks
Old 11-29-2003, 01:51 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Gears and raised idle. With a big sprocket, if you turn your idle way up you almost dont need to touch the throttle even to bring it up.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by MikeM
Gears and raised idle. With a big sprocket, if you turn your idle way up you almost dont need to touch the throttle even to bring it up.
how big of a sprocket? I'm +2 now but plan on going -1, +7. How high should my idle be now at +2. I usually set it to 4k. Thanks.

-jr