first gear wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 07:43 PM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point
first gear wheelies

im not sure how high to in the rpm to pop the clutch without loopin my bike in first gear. and should i try stand ups first or sitdowns
Old 11-27-2003, 07:56 PM

BILL50 is an unknown quantity at this point
my dad had an f4i all stock i would bounce it at pretty much any rpm standing up in first and it would wheelie easily
Old 11-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are tryin to ride a 12 ..use the search in the 'how to' section . There are a bunch of threads
Old 11-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Here is a gerneral rule............

i believe the best way is to go

power 1st gears
clutch 1st gears
shfit from 1st to 2nd
1st gear standups
2nd gear stand ups
shift 2nd to 3rd
slow rolls
12's
Old 11-28-2003, 12:20 AM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point
im not tryin to twelve just pop it up i can get it in second easy but im a little scared in first but i figure maybe about 5-8 grand
Old 11-28-2003, 04:23 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by cbrriderf4i
im not tryin to twelve just pop it up i can get it in second easy but im a little scared in first but i figure maybe about 5-8 grand

Dude are you SERIOUS?????? Do you think that you have to go through all that just to 12???????

This is the learning process pal......

Read it again and learn.....

Learn to:

power 1st gears

Learn to:

clutch 1st gears

Learn to:

shfit from 1st to 2nd

Learn to:

1st gear standups

Learn to:

2nd gear stand ups

Learn to:

shift 2nd to 3rd

Learn to:

slow rolls

Learn to:

12's

Is that better.....???????

Then let me tel you this, everyone you ask is going to tell you the same thing........

First check the search engine here........Put or make sure your in the right forum........then click and look............

What you see is more than common.......Its one word........

Want to know it.............

Its called keep it up. get over your fear and ****here is the famous word****

practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice .......

Get it????????????

That's it.....There is no secret. There is no silver bullet here....... JUst do it and ****** get it up and slowly get used to being in the air. Then learn throttle control.....Listen to those words. I learned real throttle control yesterday. I can now carry it. Did I learn from a magic secret???*** no. Just get off your *** and do it. And do it and do it....

Most here practice for hours per day. So if your not doing that then have fun learning and be reaaaaal patient....Either way you have to be patient. Everyone learns at different rates..........
Old 11-28-2003, 06:30 PM

famtrecrew is an unknown quantity at this point
ok on your f4i (considering it has stock gearing) it is really easy to pop up in first.. i get going like 15-20 and just rev to about 7-9 and drop it out ... it should come up quick but not that bad.. it is really easy to get used to.... Weird.. the order that bikerboy listed seems sketchy... i learned 1st power up, 1st clutch up then 2nd clutch up and then stand ups... wasnt that difficult... you'll get it just go out and practice
Old 12-06-2003, 03:40 AM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bikerboy

Dude are you SERIOUS?????? Do you think that you have to go through all that just to 12???????

This is the learning process pal......

Read it again and learn.....

Learn to:

power 1st gears

Learn to:

clutch 1st gears

Learn to:

shfit from 1st to 2nd

Learn to:

1st gear standups

Learn to:

2nd gear stand ups

Learn to:

shift 2nd to 3rd

Learn to:

slow rolls

Learn to:

12's

Is that better.....???????

Then let me tel you this, everyone you ask is going to tell you the same thing........

First check the search engine here........Put or make sure your in the right forum........then click and look............

What you see is more than common.......Its one word........

Want to know it.............

Its called keep it up. get over your fear and ****here is the famous word****

practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice .......

Get it????????????

That's it.....There is no secret. There is no silver bullet here....... JUst do it and ****** get it up and slowly get used to being in the air. Then learn throttle control.....Listen to those words. I learned real throttle control yesterday. I can now carry it. Did I learn from a magic secret???*** no. Just get off your *** and do it. And do it and do it....

Most here practice for hours per day. So if your not doing that then have fun learning and be reaaaaal patient....Either way you have to be patient. Everyone learns at different rates..........
LOL....Kinda harsh....Guys in the right place to ask questions,you don't have to treat him like a jerk off!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

gixxertom is an unknown quantity at this point
ease up bikerboy.......we need as many people out there stuntin as possible...dont discourage him...people come here for help and advise so theres no reason to tear f4i a new one. im sure someone else had the same question but didnt post it and this is the how to section
Old 12-06-2003, 06:02 PM

jgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
he is a little touchy!! anyways i power first gear around 5-9 rpm and i usually clutch it around 4 pull the clutch in and give it a little throttle i try not to give it to much because it is first gear and it is a little touchy. if you can get second gear up no problem first is the same just dont use as much throttle. cover your rear brake. good luck
Old 02-29-2004, 07:53 PM

Ballistic_22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: first gear wheelies

From a stand still just rap it out and dump the clutch

If you do learn to pop it up a few inches hit your front brake immediatly people will think you rode it so long your wheel stopped spinnin
Old 03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
V S

V S is an unknown quantity at this point

EDIT: Ignore
Old 03-04-2004, 10:48 PM

nate929 is an unknown quantity at this point

u could try to "bounce it" standing up in second, even with stock gearing it should work:

get going a good soeed like 30or so u'll feel it out pull in the clutch and rev it bounce ur whole body mostly feet so the suspension is comin up at the same time as u let the clutch out

this is relatively safe cuz second isn't touchy and it kinda easy to balance
i remember doing this when i was first learning and i was kinda hard to time the bounce at first...........but it'll get u used to one wheel
Old 03-04-2004, 10:54 PM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point

just roll on. works for me :D