Help me wheelie my gsxr 600 :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 09:50 PM

Tomahawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me wheelie my gsxr 600 :)

Hi everyone, I got a 2001 GSXR 600 with a full yosh and 2 up in the rear, I've been riding about 4 years and have owned 4 bikes but I have never wheelied!
This is one of the smaller bikes I've owned but I like it, I just wish I could wheelie it! I'm not new to the stunt scene or anything I just never tried to get out there and do it myself, someone please run me through this and if someone with a simular set up or bike can help I will be grateful.
Thanks everyone in advance
Old 11-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Regular StuntLifer

rlk6494 is an unknown quantity at this point
just slip the clutch a little while running hard in the Rs of first gear
thats a good way to get the feeling of it down then its all about throttle control
Old 11-25-2003, 10:15 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
If you havent wheelied, power it up for now. Get in 1st gear, get to 8/9 rpm's, let off the gas, then whack it right back open. You will get the hang of it.

I wont go into how to clutch it up for now
Old 11-25-2003, 10:56 PM

Tomahawk is an unknown quantity at this point
so get to 8/9rpms let the throttle out than open it back to where i had it before?
Heard of some people learning wheelies in the grass? Don't see why that would help except if you lay it down you wont get as skruffy.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Back wheel will probably slip and cause you to ball up Not to mention trying to set it down with no front wheel traction -you'll wash out ....unless your riding a dirtbike
Old 11-26-2003, 10:14 PM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve
My '01 600 is stock, and it's easy as hell to clutch up in first. Since you have two teeth up in the rear, I would not suggest starting with clutch wheelies since you might end up doing....not so much a wheelie as a back flip. I actually started with clutch wheelies, I'm not even sure I could do a power wheelie well. I just didn't want to be going 80 mph by the time I figured something was going wrong. With the clutch, in first gear, your going slow enough and have enough engine braking that you won't loop it unless you just give it too much gas before dropping the clutch, but that's why you should try slipping it a little in high rpms to get the feel of it. Basically, when I first got my bike I just rode normal, no stunts, until I got bored and my bike started feeling slow, like 6 months or so, then one day popped the wheel up for amusement, and woah, was it amusing.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:27 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
blip the throttle (on and off) like they said, you'll get the feel of it. Got to walk before you crawl. Get used to covering the brake, because if you go into 12's in your future you'll want to wish you were already used to it
Old 11-27-2003, 02:22 PM

jdridin is an unknown quantity at this point
gsxr600 wheelie

Whats up bro, I know I am not a professional or anything but practice in first clutching it up, just don't hit the gas too hard or your *** will be layin on the ground. Bad idea to practice rollen it on in first cause it will cause you too develop a bad habbit of tryin too do power wheelies . Using your clutch will help you get up hella faster and is way more controlled than powerin em up. Once you get comfortable with clutching it in first, try second. Hope that helps.

Practice Practice Practice Be Careful and good luck.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:39 AM

soul assassin is an unknown quantity at this point
my whole thing is i am trying to clutch it up in 2nd and all it does is spin the rear tire
Old 11-29-2003, 03:00 PM

soul assasin

Make sure your tire is warm and also what kind of psi are you runnin. I am runnin around 18 to 25 psi so you might want to try that.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:45 PM

gixxer6BB is an unknown quantity at this point
i would def not recomend learning how to wheelie by 1st learning how to clutch up 1st no fukin way. especially with 4 up in the rear. All you gotta do is rev it up in 1st to liek 6k and lett of for a second then crack the throttle back. Practice doing that as many times as you can and then youll get used to how throttle control and keeping that bitch in the air. Id stay away from learning how to clucth 1st. Learn in 2nd gear especially with a +4 cuz that bitch will loop fast in 1st w/ too much throttle
Old 11-29-2003, 10:36 PM

Jeryd is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelies????????????????????

wheelies???????????????????? YOU GUYS DO WHEELIES??????????
YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT DO WHEELIES THATS DANGEROUS FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Last edited by Jeryd; 11-29-2003 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:54 PM

shiny side up is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone has explained how to do power wheelies in first gear, but no one has stated how to properly slip the clutch. I have an 03 GSXR 600 with stock sprockets. I already have been doing power wheelies in first and have been getting the hang of shifting into second gear while the front wheel is off the ground, but for some reason I can not get the tire up in second. Any suggestions?? Thanks to everyone that replies!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 12:55 AM

u gota bounce clutch and pullup at the same time

b careful

!!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the tip, but what kind of rpm range should I be slipping the clutch at? And how fast should I be going?? any clue? Thanks again for the replies!!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:03 AM

at first try around 8 grand to make it easier then like you get how you can do it lower like 6 or whatever

be careful bro!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:15 AM

Thanks man, I am going to go practice today and try it out. Wish me luck!!
Old 11-30-2003, 05:46 PM

STATION is an unknown quantity at this point
Gixxer 600

I've got a 600 also. How do you change gears on one wheel? I heard that I shouldn't use the clutch as it loses power when your in the air. What is the proper way?
Old 11-30-2003, 06:04 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
apply pressure upwards and as you barley let off te gas it will shift, it has to be a real quick let off or it will come down, then get back on it hard and smoth, once it comes back to the bp just feather the gas
Old 11-30-2003, 06:06 PM

hmmmmmmmmm

well when ur in second and you start raping(if your not at your balance point) then you just at a split second let off the throttle a lil and swithch and get right back on it. well its pretty well all at the same time. takes a lil practice thoguh

im a dumbass but i reccomend you learn your balance point before you start raping it in second and switching to 3rd to go farther. at mach speeds lol

Quick Reply: Help me wheelie my gsxr 600 :)