Saving 12s that go bad.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Saving 12s that go bad.

I had a really fun day yesterday practicing and had a slow roll fall sideways on me. I am bored sittin here at work and tryin to think of how to keep it from happining next time. I was rolling under 10 and it just fell to the right side. I know I should have kept it from doing that in the first place but if it starts falling to the point that body english wont correct it could I just have hit the brake and then slipped the clutch to straighten it back out and then put it down or what? If I just hit the brake it would have slammed down sideways but if I hit the brake and then slipped the clutch slightly wouldnt it try to straighten out?
Old 11-17-2003, 02:07 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I jump off the side its falling to, and run along next to the bike so I can help it back to its wheels.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Regular StuntLifer

twist~ROC is an unknown quantity at this point
you have to get it to the balance point, when you slam on the brake the bike is wanting to go the right, because the brake is on the right and the pull from the brake makes the bike pull to the right, dont hit the brake so hard just use your big toe to push on it, make sure you are at the balance point, no use fighting the bike put it down and start over
Old 11-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Lb3

I got slowrolls. I am not slammin the brake at any point.. You know sometimes when you are up there you will hit a wierd spot in the road and it will get a little wobbly? Well that happened and I figured I'd just ride it out and ended up slowing down too much and it just fell over to the side. Now that I think about it it was a stupid question.. hah.. I was just wondering cause when on the fiddy if you are going around a corner or whatever in a wheelie and brake and get back on the gas it will try to straighten out.. I was just wondering if it was the same on the big bike.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:15 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have this habit on about jumping off the back when it gets wild on me and when i do that i have a hard time keepin the clutch in. then it come out it get ugly fast!! i have to stop doing that ****!!
-sean
Old 11-17-2003, 10:00 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Roc2
you have to get it to the balance point, when you slam on the brake the bike is wanting to go the right, because the brake is on the right and the pull from the brake makes the bike pull to the right, dont hit the brake so hard just use your big toe to push on it, make sure you are at the balance point, no use fighting the bike put it down and start over
Big Toe? What you stuntin bare foot now? I know its warm in Fla. But damn...lol...
Old 11-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Regular StuntLifer

twist~ROC is an unknown quantity at this point
you know me

LB3, it is your body movements more than brake and throttle
Old 11-18-2003, 03:51 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
well, if you are at balance point and it starts to fall i just ease into the brake and lean hard the opposite way. i'd have to see it to understand how to save it. i try not to jump off.....that gets wild.

best thing to do is chop the throttle so the front end starts to go down, and if it's still falling over as it's coming down, put that right foot down, but way out far just like you are going to step off the bike. let hte bike fall, **** it, don't get your leg stuck under it.

grabbing the clutch makes things wild cause if you lose the clutch lever then it'll just go nuts and flip out from under you.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 AM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
blinder929rr said "grabbing the clutch makes things wild cause if you lose the clutch lever then it'll just go nuts and flip out from under you."
....can i get an AMEN
-sean
Old 11-19-2003, 12:33 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by sdudgeonr6
blinder929rr said "grabbing the clutch makes things wild cause if you lose the clutch lever then it'll just go nuts and flip out from under you."
....can i get an AMEN
-sean
uh huh...preach is brother
Old 11-19-2003, 10:16 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by binder929rr
well, if you are at balance point and it starts to fall i just ease into the brake and lean hard the opposite way. i'd have to see it to understand how to save it. i try not to jump off.....that gets wild.

best thing to do is chop the throttle so the front end starts to go down, and if it's still falling over as it's coming down, put that right foot down, but way out far just like you are going to step off the bike. let hte bike fall, **** it, don't get your leg stuck under it.

grabbing the clutch makes things wild cause if you lose the clutch lever then it'll just go nuts and flip out from under you.
If you can save it by chopping the throttle or using the brake, that doesnt count as a "12 gone bad" I think hes talking about when your bike starts moving left, but pointing right.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:22 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by MikeM
If you can save it by chopping the throttle or using the brake, that doesnt count as a "12 gone bad" I think hes talking about when your bike starts moving left, but pointing right.
guess i read it wrong, it sounds to me like he's talkinga bout it starts to fall one way or the other, kinda like when you start a circle, in which if you want to save it you have to get both tires on the ground real fast.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Lb3

Mike, thats kinda like what I am talking about. Think of it like a 1 wheel highside tryin to do a circle or somthing... anyways on faster wheelies if the bike gets a little out of control you can drop the front, get back in the gas and then set it down straight. Same on the fidddy for the most part. The reason I was asking about using the brake and clutch on the big bike is because I tried to hit the brake to drop the front and get back in the gas but I was at 2K rpms and had no power to lift back up. It just bogged and slammed down on the side. I am thinking if I would have slipped the clutch and hit the brake again at the right time it might have straightened up and maybe I could have set it down straighter. Or is it smarter if you are going slow enough to jump down beside the bike? I still dont understand the physics of it all well enough yet and am trying to learn what the bike will do in certain situations like this one given different throttle brake and clutch inputs. I ask because maybe I can gain some knowledge without having to crash.. haha
Old 11-20-2003, 12:17 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by VAN
Big Toe? What you stuntin bare foot now? I know its warm in Fla. But damn...lol...
now that's comedy
Old 11-21-2003, 09:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm looking for a 12 bar for an f3 anyone know who makes one? i dont know how to make one myself i'm not good with the wieldin
Old 11-23-2003, 09:35 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got a 12 bar on my f3 I made it myself can send you some pics if you want to check it out. i gonna make one for my 98 900rr I just picked up.