F*CK, circles are hard

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 12:17 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
F*CK, circles are hard

ok, tonight, foot in bar doing 12's all night, i started working on circles. I could get them goign to the right, but i'd get about 180 and bog the bike out and it'd fall on it's side real hard.

i couldn't get it go to left at all, i tried as hard as i could. what are some tips with these...i worked for an hour but dropped it on my right leg and decided to stop.

i now give mad props to guys doing circles....they look hard, but once you try them, then you realize how much they really suck.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:54 AM
100% HUSTLER

Christian P is an unknown quantity at this point
Man....I am in the same boat....

HELP HELP HELP
Old 11-17-2003, 01:33 AM
back in the saddle again

for real....i mean, there isn't really any easy way to start these. i just got them on my 50, and on the big bike they are totally different. scary as hell cause it's a constant falling feeling.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:37 PM
100% HUSTLER

Christian P is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by binder929rr
for real....i mean, there isn't really any easy way to start these. i just got them on my 50, and on the big bike they are totally different. scary as hell cause it's a constant falling feeling.
I already busted my motermount right off!!!! and that's with a freestyle cage....busted my subframe right off....lol

I swear you need a course just on how to ride my busted up ****......but....I will get them....somehow...someway
Old 11-17-2003, 12:41 PM

ZUKI J is an unknown quantity at this point
Start out with big circles, they'll get tighter with practice.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:46 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by 100% HUSTLER
I already busted my motermount right off!!!! and that's with a freestyle cage....busted my subframe right off....lol

I swear you need a course just on how to ride my busted up ****......but....I will get them....somehow...someway
damn, i try not to crash mine hard....i just let it hit the ground. haven't had a problem breaking **** doing circles yet.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:11 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person
I've been working on them for awhile....the best tricks I have learned so far are: 1. Do it with your idle turned up....no throttle or clutch work. 2. When you are getting ready to turn in, (to the left) turn your bars all the way to the right and pull toward you with your right hand. 3. lean right a little, taking pressure off your left foot, and stand up straight. You'll be able to follow it around better if you are standing striaght up.....in my experience, don't lean into the circle with the bike, and run around 15 pounds in your rear tire. I can only do about 1 and a half to 1 and three quarters consistently so far, so if anyone has anymore tips that will help out, post 'em. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:17 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by standy
I've been working on them for awhile....the best tricks I have learned so far are: 1. Do it with your idle turned up....no throttle or clutch work. 2. When you are getting ready to turn in, (to the left) turn your bars all the way to the right and pull toward you with your right hand. 3. lean right a little, taking pressure off your left foot, and stand up straight. You'll be able to follow it around better if you are standing striaght up.....in my experience, don't lean into the circle with the bike, and run around 15 pounds in your rear tire. I can only do about 1 and a half to 1 and three quarters consistently so far, so if anyone has anymore tips that will help out, post 'em. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
wow, good tips, but i do them to the right.....i'm trying to put this all into perspective. i have my idle at 4500 on my 929 but it drops because of that stupid exhaust valve. i usually let the idle to the work but it bogs the bike down when i go into the circle. I start to lean in, then i let hte bike fall into it and i stand straight up and down with the bike leaning in...someone said that's the best way. never tried turning the bars, that just freaks me out but i'll try it.

now, you take pressure off your left foot when you turn left? tha'ts weird, i keep adding pressure the direction i'm trying to go but i can't get it to turn left at all.

thanks for the help
Old 11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
Tight right handers are a whole different story than left handers. I can give you advice on spinning them to the left but to the right...all i can say is start them wide...its actually not hard to spin them wide...then start tightening them up and youll figure it out for yourself. Most the advice youll get on spinning them are from people that can only do tight to the left and i dont think that advice goes for spinning to the right...tight right handers are wierd and hard haha.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:53 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by BTBent
Tight right handers are a whole different story than left handers. I can give you advice on spinning them to the left but to the right...all i can say is start them wide...its actually not hard to spin them wide...then start tightening them up and youll figure it out for yourself. Most the advice youll get on spinning them are from people that can only do tight to the left and i dont think that advice goes for spinning to the right...tight right handers are wierd and hard haha.
talk to me about left then, i can't even get hte bike to turn left...and it's suppose to be the easy way. i usually rock foot in bar, but i also tried rocking left with foot on peg and nothing.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person
when you take pressure off your left foot, the bike will start to pivot underneath you to the left...it sounds stupid, but that's how it works. Turning the bars helped me out alot, because it made me stand straight up and down. This keeps the bike from falling in too much, which causes it to fall faster and make your circle come down sooner. As far as I can tell, if you're doing it right, you shouldn't be leaning into the circle at all. I do them on the rear peg, so I'm not sure about in the bar, but practice and you'll get it. Just concentrate on keeping your legs straight.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:36 PM

Swank989 is an unknown quantity at this point
try it with left foot on the pass. peg (going to the left any ways), and I think you gotta keep the bars turned into the circle, but keep your upper body leaninig slightly out of it, so your weight is kinda centered, just leaning enough to keep the bike comin around, you gotta fluctuate it alot, I think it;s all in the body english, just keep your head up-you;ll get it!