Clutchin'

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 03:33 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Clutchin'

This guy rode my bike and busted a few fatty wheelies. So I know the damn thing can do it. Is this right though. I am getting very pissed off and crazy trying to do this. This is what this guy said to do. Just keep clutching it all the way in real fast and keep the gas at the same position and keep pulling it in to get it up more and give a bit more gas. Does this sound a bit right? I tried and I can't get it to do anything! I am going to ride off a cliff with the bike.....Naw just kidding but I am really pissed off though. I just want to do this for once and for all!!!!!! Tomorrow too damn it....I am going for at least 5 gas tank fulls before I give up until the next day!!!!!!!! I think. I also here this thunk in the tranny when I let the clutch out. Does this sound normal or ? What is this feathering then. Just pullling it in enough to make the clutch slip and then let it out? Right?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:35 AM

aussie style is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not clear on the meathod you have been given.
" Just keep clutching it all the way in real fast and keep the gas at the same position and keep pulling it in (the clutch?) to get it up more and give a bit more gas."

I only pull in and release the clutch once, not continuely, I also don't hold the throttle steady when clutching (if that is what you mean). When the clutch is pulled in (just passed the grabbing point) thats when you give it more revs, then you release the clutch smoothly but quickly. Some ppl just dump the clutch but I let it start to slip ( just a little) then I'll drop it, make sure you keep the gas on or it will just pop up and drop just as fast.
Try it at different speeds & revs untill you find the right mix of both. Start with low revs at first & work your way up, remember to cover the rear brake if you can.
Oh try in second gear first. Less intimerdating.
Take your time and it will come.
All the best with tomorrow
Old 09-20-2003, 02:07 PM

Hershey is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys!!! I did my little wheelie!! First time tonite I m finally able to get it off the ground ( 1 foot) but hey it's a start though!!
What I did was I go 30 mph on 1st grear then when shifting to 2nd gear I hold clutch in and rev that bitch hard as I can and I roll the clutch it came up. Im gonna continue to practice cuz Im getting exciting as hell! I was told I'd have to bounce, I tried that and it didnt come up. Maybe because Im light or I'd have to use my powerful legs to bounce it harder.

Best wish and good luck to u Bikerboy Im sure u'll get it some day

Hershey
Old 09-20-2003, 09:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point
Bikerboy, flip your peg down, cover your brake well, and roll on, then let off and clutch at the same time. Lean back and it will come right up. I'm not sure about you're clunk, but it sounds as if you're lettin it out a bit too fast.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:08 AM

blurrymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutchin'

Originally posted by bikerboy
This guy rode my bike and busted a few fatty wheelies. So I know the damn thing can do it. Is this right though. I am getting very pissed off and crazy trying to do this. This is what this guy said to do. Just keep clutching it all the way in real fast and keep the gas at the same position and keep pulling it in to get it up more and give a bit more gas. Does this sound a bit right? I tried and I can't get it to do anything! I am going to ride off a cliff with the bike.....Naw just kidding but I am really pissed off though. I just want to do this for once and for all!!!!!! Tomorrow too damn it....I am going for at least 5 gas tank fulls before I give up until the next day!!!!!!!! I think. I also here this thunk in the tranny when I let the clutch out. Does this sound normal or ? What is this feathering then. Just pullling it in enough to make the clutch slip and then let it out? Right?
dude this clunk sound, that's no good. i used to do that. don't pull that clutch all the way in. adjust you clutch lever so you can use just one finger. and slip the clutch. this has been helping me out alot.