How do u do a 12?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 10:36 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point
..........I've only run the F.I. cage and it does a great job.Haven't had the opportunity to test a Hydro-Cage. Unfortunately, nothing will protect our bikes 100% of the time with all the abuse we put them thru.Alot of people blame the cage when something gets broken on the bike and the bottom line is-you have noone to blame but yourself. lol
Old 09-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough
Get a TTR125L. Dont "F" up you bike playa. A 12 bar is not the best thing to have when starting out. Its better to replace cosmetics that a sub fame. Get the control of the back brake then letterrip
Old 09-16-2003, 02:06 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FORTHEFANS
Get a TTR125L. Dont "F" up you bike playa. A 12 bar is not the best thing to have when starting out. Its better to replace cosmetics that a sub fame. Get the control of the back brake then letterrip
smack a tail without a bar and show me pics of hte subframe. so far i've saw more subframes bent that way then with bars....i started with a bar, it's not that bad, you don't have to hit the bar if you don't want. i've only tweaked my subframe a little and that was a bad 12 crash. other than that i slam it down pretty hard and no problems...haven't destroyed any 200$ tail plastics either. also, plastics aren't flat so if you arne't used to it touching down, it'll probably throw you cause it'll won't want to lay flat.

and i would like to try a hydrocage, but nowhere i can find has a price on them. I just want to see a price, i don't want to e-mail someoen and have them send me a sales pitch. so anyone, how much do these things cost? i might give one a shot. i use FI right now.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:27 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
The problem with learning with a bar (which I did) is you probably aren't gonna hit it straight at first which will kick your bike the other direction. I learned with a bar. I bailed the first couple of times cause I got scared but you'll get the feel for it. Mine was about 7 inches off the subframe to learn scrapin'. It just wasn't stable when on the bar. So, I shortened it to about 4 inches off the subframe which sets it right at or just past 12' which is where you get the stability.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:12 PM
back in the saddle again

ya, like kyle said, def don't make it too long. i did the same as him and it wasn't stable, i cut it down so the bike is at a full 12 adn now it's stable.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:37 PM

STRESS is an unknown quantity at this point
WASUP JUST PUT A BAR ON 2INCHES FROM TAIL LIGHT CAN TAP IT BUT NOT DRAG AND PARK? NOBODY IN NASHVILLE IS 12VEN I NEED THIS TO LOCK THE GAME IN THE DIRTY SOUTH.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:45 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by STRESS
WASUP JUST PUT A BAR ON 2INCHES FROM TAIL LIGHT CAN TAP IT BUT NOT DRAG AND PARK? NOBODY IN NASHVILLE IS 12VEN I NEED THIS TO LOCK THE GAME IN THE DIRTY SOUTH.
that's too far, you need to be right on the tail light to make it full 12, it'll be more stable that way.