Skitchin circles

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:03 PM

2Fast4uZx6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Skitchin circles

Are there any tricks or tips to skitching donuts? I can ski beside the bike and have even come to a stop beside the bike (on mistake first time I tried.) In doing that, I was thinking how hard could it be to ski in circles? So before I try it and dump the bike, is there anything I need to becarful of, or a way to start it easier? Thanx.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:10 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
i've tried a couple times but i dump it everytime. i wanna do them low like with my *** almost on the ground but i haven't figured out the trick yet. you gotta committ to it, no backing out
Old 09-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Just make sure you take oyur cell phone out of your pocket, I broke mine last night doing the circle skitchin on my fifty.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:58 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
come in nice and slow

put your legs out in front of you (I use the sides of my soles) and turn the bike keep on the gas to keep the bike up
Old 09-09-2003, 04:21 PM

MissZx6 is an unknown quantity at this point
What speed do you usually go in at? Is it hard to get out of, or do you just roll the throttle and have it come up and go straight? thanx
Old 09-09-2003, 04:23 PM

SkiTchN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Skitchin circles

Originally posted by 2Fast4uZx6
Are there any tricks or tips to skitching donuts? I can ski beside the bike and have even come to a stop beside the bike (on mistake first time I tried.) In doing that, I was thinking how hard could it be to ski in circles? So before I try it and dump the bike, is there anything I need to becarful of, or a way to start it easier? Thanx.

JUST DO IT I HAVE DONE IT ITS NOT HARD I HAVE DONE IT AROUND PARKING LOTS CITY BLOCKS AND @98 MPH ON THE FREEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HOW I GOT MY NICKNAME

JUST ALWAYS BE CAREFUL AND PATIENT DONT GET HURT
Old 09-09-2003, 04:25 PM

LOW

Originally posted by Duffman
i've tried a couple times but i dump it everytime. i wanna do them low like with my *** almost on the ground but i haven't figured out the trick yet. you gotta committ to it, no backing out

BALANCE AND PATIENCE
Old 09-09-2003, 04:31 PM

Re: Re: Skitchin circles

Originally posted by SkiTchN
JUST DO IT I HAVE DONE IT ITS NOT HARD I HAVE DONE IT AROUND PARKING LOTS CITY BLOCKS AND @98 MPH ON THE FREEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HOW I GOT MY NICKNAME

JUST ALWAYS BE CAREFUL AND PATIENT DONT GET HURT
Skitchin at 98mph straight not in circles right.. I should hope your not skiing in circles at 98 mph.. I'd be damn impressed. Skitchin straight is easy though. I can ski well over 100mph going straight.. Just want to learn how to do it in little circles.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:43 PM

usualsuspects is an unknown quantity at this point
fastest i went was 120mph the **** feels like your going to fly off. come to hawaii and we can race hahahaha
Old 09-10-2003, 04:50 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
Originally posted by MissZx6
What speed do you usually go in at? Is it hard to get out of, or do you just roll the throttle and have it come up and go straight? thanx

not sure... no speedo, I would guess anywhere from 5-15

no not hard to get out of. start to steer bike straight and go into a normal skitch and yeah i roll on the throttle a little when I come out of it
Old 09-10-2003, 10:36 PM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure how low I am when I do it. Just start skitchin real slow and steer the bike in. It's pretty easy. They don't call me Skitch Master Mark for nothing! .....not sure if thats something to be proud of or not?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM

suzukiguy156 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey i want to just try skitching . where can a get my hands on a pair of shoes , any help would be great. I can get behind the bike and ski but my shoes grab too much , and some sparks would be cool.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:09 PM

I just use any shoes I have. My boots do grab, but your not putting all that much weight on your feet anyway. I just use any scrap metal and screw them into the heels of my boots. Works just great. And how can you ski behind your bike but haven't don't it normally yet??
Old 09-13-2003, 05:47 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
are you all talking about the rodeo? where you get both feet off to one side and skitch in a small circle? i do it all the time.

start skitching and then hold the bars and counter steer then lean the bike into you. I usually do it on the heals of my shoes and get down to where my butt is touching the ground then just keep going and make small speed adjustments to make the circle bigger.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:41 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
xsba refeers to this as a "bulldog", and anounces it as one also. the "rodeo" is skitching on either side of the bike, then in 1 full movement, skipping over the bike to the other respective side
Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Skitchin circles

Originally posted by MissZx6
Skitchin at 98mph straight not in circles right.. I should hope your not skiing in circles at 98 mph.. I'd be damn impressed. Skitchin straight is easy though. I can ski well over 100mph going straight.. Just want to learn how to do it in little circles.

duh!

Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by usualsuspects
fastest i went was 120mph the **** feels like your going to fly off. come to hawaii and we can race hahahaha
lol ok im on my way!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by suzukiguy156
Hey i want to just try skitching . where can a get my hands on a pair of shoes , any help would be great. I can get behind the bike and ski but my shoes grab too much , and some sparks would be cool.
if ur shoes r grabbing get nike airs they dont grab too much