2006 GSX R 600 Bike Shutting down and Battery dying

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 AM

braheem is a decent person
Exclamation 2006 GSX R 600 Bike Shutting down and Battery dying

Heeeeyzzz all im a new GSXR600 model 2006 rider. I've had the bike since 4 weeks. A problem happened yesterday.

I wanted to service my bike so I changed my spark plugs then the bike started normally for few minutes. Then i was leaving and i wanted to click the horn button but instead of that i pressed the starting button accidently while the bike was already running. then the bike shut off. I tried to start it but it it was hesitating to start. the head light was on but the dashboard lights started fadding. even the green Neutral gear green light was fading as well. until it died completely.

i recharged the battery, the bike then started normally. i kept the bike on neutral but it then the battery died again.

i installed a brand new battery the bike started normally so i drove it on high way at speed 110-130 with rpm 6-10 for almost half an hour. the bike was ridding smoothly and the throtlle was responding. however once i entered the city i had to reduce my speed and rpm becuase of traffic and i had to stop on red traffic lights. after the second traffic light i was driving at 50km/hr then the lights started to fade and the bike started to shut down.

what went wronge? how can i check it? how can i solve it?? please if you can detail the steps i would be grateful!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Syringe is a decent person
Re: 2006 GSX R 600 Bike Shutting down and Battery dying

Sounds like you have a bad stator/alternator.

Where at high RPM's it's spinning enough to still generate enough power to operate, but when the RPM's drop down it's not generating enough current.