I cant bounce second and i think i know why.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 03:49 PM

shadownynja is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant bounce second and i think i know why.

Aside from weighing 250 pounds i was wondering Why the **** i cant lift the front in second gear on power alone. I've seen people do it on R6's. I have a 2000.

So far i have been going fast up to about 45 and then snapping off and right back on the throttle. That does nothing. I tried bouncing into the forks but i still cant lift it up. I noticed something the other day though. The guy who had this bike before me must've ****ed around with the suspension a little bit. The blue bolts in the picture i attached are barley visible. On other r6's they stick out about an inch or 2 more than that. So does this mean my forks are spongier or stiffer than other r6's. And also would this have a negative or positive effect on bouncing up wheelies?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hasasa.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	28715  
Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
well when you say you try bouncing the forks, thats the first thing you doin wrong. Bounce with your legs. Bounce the whole bike, and from there its just timing it right.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:07 PM

SMOKINJOE UR is an unknown quantity at this point
I SUGGEST IF YOU WEIGH 250 POUNDS GET A BIGGER BIKE,IF YOU DONT GET A NEW BIKE JUST CLUTCH IT.DID YOU PUT ANY SPROCKETS ON IT?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have to say USE THE CLUTCH! it is way worth it!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:50 PM

shadownynja is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess i will just wait untill im not terrified of the clutch anymore. And no i have the stock sprockets on.

But does anyone have any info on why those bolts are so hidden?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you talking about the actual blue bolts? or are you saying on other peoples bikes the fork tubes stick up through the clipons a little higher? If you are talkin about the fork tubes, and that is your bike in the picture, leave em alone.. the other people are lowering the front of the bike which makes it harder to wheelie. Your timing is off. Keep practicing. BTW, the R6s clutch up REAL nice.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:45 AM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch the $hit out of it , it will come up. U also just need to learn the technique. When u first start to wheelie u have no clue. Keep riding and watching other riders ,your bike will come up. My newbie friend has a 929 and he says it wont come up in second, it is not the bike it is the rider.

I can get my bike up in 6th. U may not believe it but I weigh a lot and know how to bounce it right it will come up.

Keep on practicing
Old 08-08-2003, 01:59 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
if you are just doing a sitdown and getting on/off the throttle, I doubt it'll come up... my 750 wont even come up like that
Old 08-08-2003, 04:47 AM

JoeWilson00 is an unknown quantity at this point
go 35 mph and clutch 2nd gear like 6 - 8 grand
Old 08-08-2003, 12:41 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't think mine would come up in 2nd either, till I started trying harder It's all timing, 100ms and its flipped or not came up ay all
Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 PM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can bounce my R6 in 3rd with suspension setup crazy stiff. Stock gearing, just carb work (running stupid rich right now, though).

And use your legs, like others said. It should be easier with your weight since you can compress the forks more (and thus more rebound).
Old 08-09-2003, 02:29 AM

yea, boncing is all technique. One night I had three of my buddies who are still learning telling me there bikes can't be bounced in 2nd (two R6's and 1 kawi). So one at a time I proved all 3 of them wrong.
Once you get the technique right, you won't even have to think about, you'll just do it.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:22 AM

AJsGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point
i could bounce a dirt bike 125cc in 3rd gear all day BUT on my gsxr 600 for the love of god i couldnt bounce it in 2nd. I even went -1 on the front stilll cant bounce it.

elaborate on "timing it right". timing it right for what?? the rebound in suspension?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:19 PM

First off like I said before make sure your not trying to bounce the forks with your arms, it may seem the right way but its not.

Go out on your bike, get into second gear, stand up and bounce on the pegs hard. Don't literally jump, just push down whith your legs. When when you feel the suspensions about to reboung gas it. If you do it right it will come up.

When your bouncing try giving it a couple little bounces then one good one. Thats how I found it easier in the begining.

Also don't try try to pull up on the bars, this really won't help, it could also bring it up wobbly.

Just keep practicing.

I remember watching my friend bounce 2nd gears on every straight away we came to, and I would get so pissed, cause thee he goes wheelieing down the road, and there I am bouncing around like a frikin jumpin bean.

You can do it.