Throttle cable snapped. Need some advice. Please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM

clay_everett is a decent person
Exclamation Throttle cable snapped. Need some advice. Please!

Ok.. I have a 2006 gsxr 600. The pull cable snapped yesterday.. Fml. I'm going to replace both cables just to be safe. Question tho. I have ridden quads all my life, and trying to learn wheelies with twist throttle is really really sketchy and uncomfortable... I want to put a thumb throttle on for now just to experiment, and I'd I don't like it then I'll go back to "normal".. Does anyone know what kind of thumb throttle would fit on my bike? from an old atv. I'm just gonna buy one off of eBay. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for something I may not like... Also if one will fit, what mods and or fine tuning will I have to do to make it work? I know I won't have the push cable in use and that's fine. Any insight would be appreciated. And please don't tell me "quads are for pussies" or tell me to stick with twist throttle. I'm not going to, and I don't give a **** about your opinion on the thumb throttle. I don't have a working bike right now and dont have time to listen to your bullshit about how gay they are. Personal preference. Please help me out and don't be a doucher about this... Lol. Thanks guys..